Derry V Donegal Ulster final 2022

Started by shawshank, May 16, 2022, 02:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: tintin25 on May 29, 2022, 05:36:34 PM
That last 5 or so minutes was dire stuff.  Ref got non blackcard calls correct in my neutral opinion

First one may or may not have been a black card. Second one, as Harte said, we a jersey tug the intention was to pull the player back, instead the player fell forward and this was not the consequence of a jersey tug.

The ref should have thrown the ball up when it hit him, had Derry won by a point this would have been controversial.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

marty34

Mickey Harte sticking up for the aTyrone ref :)

trueblue1234

Quote from: Gael80 on May 29, 2022, 05:42:02 PM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on May 29, 2022, 05:33:37 PM
Commentators are desperately negative. This is a meat grinder of a match. Padraig Mc Grogan tackle earlier was incredible.

You must be watching on RTE, the BBC coverage is excellent, during the match and the analysis from Harte, McConville and Canavan. BBC by far the best GAA coverage at the minute.

Have to agree, BBC analysis far better today.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

PMG1

Quote from: screenexile on May 29, 2022, 05:24:37 PM
Black card or no??
Def not, he pulled him but didn't pull him down, he pulled him back

Hound

I was watching on RTE. McStay is a gobshite. Absolute gobshite.

Switched over to BBC for the analysis, and it was great entertainment. Oisin talking through his hole re the black cards. Caravan and Harte both made reasonable arguments re the second one which could have been either yellow or black. But I think Mickey won the argument! Good banter between the lot of them and good analysis too.

More drama to come I'm sure.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: PMG1 on May 29, 2022, 05:46:15 PM
Black card or no??

Doesn't matter a f**k if he pulled him off it prevented a scoring opportunity
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Baile an tuaigh

Commentators are desperately negative. This is a meat grinder of a match. Padraig Mc Grogan tackle earlier was incredible.

You must be watching on RTE, the BBC coverage is excellent, during the match and the analysis from Harte, McConville and Canavan. BBC by far the best GAA coverage at the minute.

Yes correct watching the game on gaago. I don't understand why Darragh Maloney doesn't get the gig. It was a huge passion killer for me to hear Marty Morrisey and Kevin Mc Stay talking, Christ their awful and then that big school boy Colm O Rourke chirping in he would depress a clown with his continuously droll negative voice.

thewobbler

Quote from: Hound on May 29, 2022, 05:47:23 PM

Switched over to BBC for the analysis, and it was great entertainment. Oisin talking through his hole re the black cards. Caravan and Harte both made reasonable arguments re the second one which could have been either yellow or black. But I think Mickey won the argument! Good banter between the lot of them and good analysis too.

Drama?

BBC has better pundits, no doubt.

But the fact that 35,000 people were silent like at a mass for the final 10 mins of a drawn final, tells you that mCstay is absolutely correct on this one.

Stall the Bailer

The ball did not hit the ref, the man did. Play on was correct

Gael80

Quote from: Hound on May 29, 2022, 05:47:23 PM

Sad to be see so much bias against Ulster football on RTE no surprise, but as you say people see a really good product elsewhere. BBC deserve credit!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 29, 2022, 05:44:01 PM

Have to agree, BBC analysis far better today.

No way lads. What's this "worldy" shite

armaghniac

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on May 29, 2022, 05:52:17 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 29, 2022, 05:49:40 PM
Black card or no??

Is that a black card?

The player has to be pulled to the ground, not a pull followed by a dive.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sligoman2

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on May 29, 2022, 05:51:51 PM

Yes correct watching the game on gaago. I don't understand why Darragh Maloney doesn't get the gig. It was a huge passion killer for me to hear Marty Morrisey and Kevin Mc Stay talking, Christ their awful and then that big school boy Colm O Rourke chirping in he would depress a clown with his continuously droll negative voice.
Marty's not the passion killer the shyte 400 hand passes over and back is.  So sad to see the game I loved so well reduced to this unwatchable snooze fest .
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on May 29, 2022, 05:52:12 PM
The ball did not hit the ref, the man did. Play on was correct

Correct, it didn't touch him so while if the ball plays him it's a hop ball he can't at times avoid physical contact, either we want the refs up with play or we don't!

Going to penalties
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on May 29, 2022, 05:52:17 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 29, 2022, 05:49:40 PM
Black card or no??

Is that a black card?

It does matter and on review no black card.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit