Sam Maguire Qualifiers 2022

Started by twohands!!!, April 24, 2022, 08:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Kildare gonna Kildare!!

A bit like Ulster in the Rugby today they had that game won but made silly errors and never pressed home their advantage.

Mayo were very poor but this is what they do. Nobody will want to face them in the QF they could go out against Dublin or Kerry the next day and be brilliant. Likewise they could get Derry and be poor. Looking forward to the draw on Monday!

inroundthesquare

Kerry v Mayo, Armagh/Donegal, Clare

Dublin v Mayo, Armagh/Donegal, Clare, Cork/Limerick

Galway v Armagh/Donegal, Clare, Cork/Limerick

Derry v Mayo, Armagh (itw), Clare, Cork/Limerick

joemamas

Quote from: thewobbler on June 11, 2022, 07:37:46 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on June 11, 2022, 06:41:22 PM
Quote from: joemamas on June 11, 2022, 06:33:49 PM
When you start Stephen Coen at #6 and Jason Doherty at #11
Says something about Mayo management

I'm never sure how Conor Loftus keeps reappearing for Mayo. He has never played better than a 3/10 in a championship match.

Bigger worry for Mayo today though is that the reliables like DOC, Durcan, COC and Ruane, are all a little off the pace.

A few of those fairly woke up the last quarter.

Agreed but you have to really wonder how James Horan can completely fu*k up the selection of the Mayo team once again. As I posted earlier, it was 50 mins before we got our best 15 on the field.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 11, 2022, 07:44:12 PM
That team burning on fumes, fully expect a Dublin draw and a public execution to make up for last year's beating.

Ah, we had a good decade. These things can't go on forever. Dublin will give us a trimming alright. No shame in that. Theyll have all their games in their back garden and everything else set up to suit them. That's the way it's set up.

Poor crowd in Croker today. I suppose more and more are finding something else to do with their free time.

snoopdog

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 11, 2022, 07:52:02 PM
That team burning on fumes, fully expect a Dublin draw and a public execution to make up for last year's beating.

Ah, we had a good decade. These things can't go on forever. Dublin will give us a trimming alright. No shame in that. Theyll have all their games in their back garden and everything else set up to suit them. That's the way it's set up.

Poor crowd in Croker today. I suppose more and more are finding something else to do with their free time.
I'd say the 30 euro entry fee and whatever the cost of fuel to drive to Dublin from 3 of the 4 counties had a lot to do with it.

Wildweasel74

Dublin will give all the rest a fair trimming, Kerry aside, Kerry could beat them but unlikely, if Kerry did win, outside chance another team could catch them,

From the Bunker

Quote from: snoopdog on June 11, 2022, 07:53:41 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 11, 2022, 07:52:02 PM

I'd say the 30 euro entry fee and whatever the cost of fuel to drive to Dublin from 3 of the 4 counties had a lot to do with it.

A game at 6pm.
The price of accommodation in Dublin.
The cost of fuel.
The distance and time.
The cost of tickets
The lessening belief in contenders today.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 11, 2022, 07:56:25 PM
Dublin will give all the rest a fair trimming, Kerry aside, Kerry could beat them but unlikely, if Kerry did win, outside chance another team could catch them,

Dublin will give all teams a trimming alright. No shame in that. They'll have all their games in their back garden and everything else set up to suit them. That's the way it's set up.

Milltown Row2

Split Dublin in two......

Christ some moaning
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

You still have to admire Dublin taking advantage of all their advantages. It's not as easy as it sounds! I suppose it's up to the rest to raise the bar and catch up with them. You'd think after a decade of dominance, the chasing bunch would have figured them out?

Blowitupref

Two eventful games in a poorly attended Croke Park (games should never have been staged there)

Roscommon will be left wondering how they let a 5 point lead slip with 67 minutes played. Clare to their credit never dropped their heads and the late penalty was the lifeline they needed.

Second game Kildare looked like causing a huge upset 6 ahead at one stage? Much improved defensively from the Leinster but Mayo used all their experience grit and determination. Mayo fitness and conditioning it up there with the best which is why you can't rule them out against anyone.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

An Watcher

It's done and dusted now but would galway nit have been ideal for today's games.  Kildare apart it's very close to the other 3?

seafoid

Kildare aren't that far ahead of Meath.
One round. Leinster fuball is still broken

Loughshore2022

Mayo had their chance last year to win the All Ireland and blew it. They won't get a chance like that again. I'll never forgive them for that performance last year.

balladmaker

Two very entertaining games today, but I think it's fair to say neither Clare or Mayo will be lifting Sam this year.