Hurling 2022

Started by Dag Dog, January 17, 2022, 02:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Heading down hoping for a better game than last year...

If Kilkenny get the start they have been getting lately it will be a tougher game for Limerick, it will be on the edge tackling from start to finish, will Kilkenny match Limerick's physicality? They will for most parts, but maybe not over 70+ minutes, their accuracy has been solid and will need to be, think they'll still need a couple of goals to have a chance.

Cody will be feeling at home on Sunday, there won't be any nerves come match day from either team

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: clonadmad on July 11, 2022, 03:39:00 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 11, 2022, 02:13:56 PM
Quote from: marty34 on July 11, 2022, 01:36:15 PM
I wonder will Cian Lynch start on Sunday?

I don't think they'd risk Peter Casey but Lynch could come in for Graeme Mulcahy say, give him the No. 15 jersey and give him a free role - let him loose.

Be harder for KK to get all their match ups right for this one - a lot of firefighters required.

I'd put Lawlor on Gillane, Butler on Lynch (if he starts) and Tommy Walsh on Seamie Flannagan.

Limerick need a big performance from their half-forward line - haven't been up to their usual high standards. Hego and Tom Morrissey are due big games.

Whilst Casey and Lynch both came on vrs Galway, I don't recollect either touching the ball and may be a fair bit off the pace, so I can't see either being risked to start on Sunday.

Limerick may start with their regular set of forwards but Mulcahy does look to be the first man off although Tom Morrissey hasn't been great this year either and may be at risk.

Pat Ryan to start  ;)

Pat Ryan is gone from the panel after that nightclub incident with a portroe player the night Limerick bet Tipperary this year

I think he was joking!

marty34

Hawkeye being tested this week to see if it's going to be used for Sunday's All-Ireland Final.

Could you trust it again, especially for hurling?

johnnycool

Quote from: marty34 on July 13, 2022, 02:26:29 PM
Hawkeye being tested this week to see if it's going to be used for Sunday's All-Ireland Final.

If they are going to use it Croke Park would need to be putting out some sort of bulletin with test data or the likes to prove to us doubters that the issues are indeed resolved as last thing we need on Sunday is a contentious decision involving Hawkeye in what could be a close game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on July 13, 2022, 02:54:05 PM

If they are going to use it Croke Park would need to be putting out some sort of bulletin with test data or the likes to prove to us doubters that the issues are indeed resolved as last thing we need on Sunday is a contentious decision involving Hawkeye in what could be a close game.

Is it the same system that's used for tennis?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 13, 2022, 02:55:36 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 13, 2022, 02:54:05 PM

Is it the same system that's used for tennis?

I believe so, well at Wimbledon they call it Hawkeye as well.

imtommygunn

Colm Bonnar "relieved" of duties for Tipp. Ouch.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 14, 2022, 09:00:05 AM

Aye, meeting was last night.

Kind of disappointed with that. Tippare in a state of change. I think he should have got another year.  Bit shortsighted in my opinion.

Would Cahill be an option?

imtommygunn

His stock kind of lowered this year so not sure.

Yeah I thought Bonnar needed some time. I think Tipp in transition and they lost Maher this year which was a massive blow leadership wise. That was hardly his fault. Should have had another year anyway IMO.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 14, 2022, 09:22:11 AM

Yeah I thought Bonnar needed some time. I think Tipp in transition and they lost Maher this year which was a massive blow leadership wise. That was hardly his fault. Should have had another year anyway IMO.

Yeah, I agree. They just don't have the players at the minute but Bonnar brought a few through this year and had a few more on the panel.

I'm sure he himself is disappointed with that.

Maybe Gleeson?

johnnycool

Quote from: marty34 on July 14, 2022, 09:39:55 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 14, 2022, 09:22:11 AM

Yeah, I agree. They just don't have the players at the minute but Bonnar brought a few through this year and had a few more on the panel.

I'm sure he himself is disappointed with that.

Maybe Gleeson?

They must have someone in the pipeline or this wouldn't have happened..

Can't see Gleeson get it yet, he's still a bit of a penance to serve in the hurling wilderness before he would be considered.

Darragh Egan more likely if Cahill stays put with Waterford.

Can't remember Tipp going outside the county.

clonadmad

Bonnar lost the dressing room due to the training regime not being up to scratch

When players are being put through more intensive and modern routines with their clubs,you have a problem

Cahill not happy with the carryon in Waterford from the likes of the Bennett's and McGrath agitating behind the scenes

Having won a minor,an u20 and a u21 with the younger members of the panel

He's the front runner if he doesn't have the job already

seafoid

Quote from: marty34 on July 14, 2022, 09:17:44 AM

Kind of disappointed with that. Tipp are in a state of change. I think he should have got another year.  Bit shortsighted in my opinion.

Very shortsighted. Tipp need a few years before they can be hurling properly again. They went too long with the old team.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBW8Vnp8BzU

marty34

Quote from: clonadmad on July 14, 2022, 09:48:02 AM
Bonnar lost the dressing room due to the training regime not being up to scratch

When players are being put through more intensive and modern routines with their clubs,you have a problem

Cahill not happy with the carryon in Waterford from the likes of the Bennett's and McGrath agitating behind the scenes

Having won a minor,an u20 and a u21 with the younger members of the panel

He's the front runner if he doesn't have the job already

I thought Tipp people wouldn't want him back after picking Waterford last year? Maybe people are fickle.

What's the craic with the Bennetts?

Is Mc Grath an option for the Laois seniors, with him in guiding the minors?

clonadmad

Quote from: seafoid on July 14, 2022, 09:57:10 AM
Quote from: marty34 on July 14, 2022, 09:17:44 AM

Kind of disappointed with that. Tipp are in a state of change. I think he should have got another year.  Bit shortsighted in my opinion.

Very shortsighted. Tipp need a few years before they can be hurling properly again. They went too long with the old team.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBW8Vnp8BzU

Bonnar had lost the dressing room

That's why he effectively got fired