Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

100%. Can only think he was injured. Him and McCurry were holding their own.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Stan

Probably an unpopular position to take but Dooher comes across a bit like Roy Keane - an idea that goes down well enough in my house in so fast as I love Keane..as a player and a pundit.

I just wonder if he is the kind of manager that can get under the skin of emotional and personal issues that might impact some of the players...Young Meyler found respite in counselling last year and maybe still is. How many other young lads find it easy to carry the fame and the trappings of being an all ireland winner in your mid 20s?

What about those players on the team last year that didn't get any game time but were on the panel - weren't even included in the team picture on the day because the county board were afraid of getting fined by HQ? Did they get a medal even?

Does the county use a sports psychologist? Looking at Brian's medal haul will only inspire you so far...then after that...?

Im not critical of the current all ireland champions and their management team - I'm more curious about how well prepared the tyrone team of players is for the battle ahead this year and next year.

I can't figure out why so many players would choose to leave a winning team - albeit they'll have their own reasons for doing so and maybe the management has communicated to them individually....

Will be interesting to see how the next game goes

tyrone08

Would say dooher is a tough love type of manager. Nothing wrong with that.

Any word on the general feeling in the camp?

Under Lights

Quote from: tyrone08 on May 07, 2022, 06:25:18 PM

Rumours are that it isn't good. Cormac Monroe and McNamee rumoured to have had a dust up Sunday night in The Moy. Crisis meeting Monday night.

NotedObserver

I've heard plenty of them have been pinting away the last few weeks

Stan

Quote from: tyrone08 on May 07, 2022, 06:25:18 PM

Tough love is ok if it works - whatever management style it is for now, isn't working.

haven't heard anything from inside the camp but I would hope that they'd be all pi$$ed off to a great height after last weekend

WT4E

Was there not a major row at in house game after derry match... game abandoned.

sam03/05

Questioning the managerial / leadership qualities of a man who has won 5 All Irelands as a figuredhead of Tyrone Football - 2 as captain, an u21 title and senior title - one of only a few in GAA history to captain and manage teams to AI titles.

Quote from: Stan on May 07, 2022, 11:28:46 AM
Probably an unpopular position to take but Dooher comes across a bit like Roy Keane - an idea that goes down well enough in my house in so fast as I love Keane..as a player and a pundit.

I just wonder if he is the kind of manager that can get under the skin of emotional and personal issues that might impact some of the players...Young Meyler found respite in counselling last year and maybe still is. How many other young lads find it easy to carry the fame and the trappings of being an all ireland winner in your mid 20s?

What about those players on the team last year that didn't get any game time but were on the panel - weren't even included in the team picture on the day because the county board were afraid of getting fined by HQ? Did they get a medal even?

Does the county use a sports psychologist? Looking at Brian's medal haul will only inspire you so far...then after that...?

Im not critical of the current all ireland champions and their management team - I'm more curious about how well prepared the tyrone team of players is for the battle ahead this year and next year.

I can't figure out why so many players would choose to leave a winning team - albeit they'll have their own reasons for doing so and maybe the management has communicated to them individually....

southtyronegael

Brilliant win for the u20s! A very enjoyable game I must say. Another Tyrone team in an all Ireland final so congrats to the players and management.

Would like to see canavan join up with the seniors after the final, class act

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 08, 2022, 02:40:14 PM
Brilliant win for the u20s! A very enjoyable game I must say. Another Tyrone team in an all Ireland final so congrats to the players and management.
Really good performance.
Canavan excellent as were O'Donnell, Donaghy and Rafferty. Cush and Bogue with important scores in the second half. McGleenan very good first half but went missing when Tyrone were chasing the game. Serious team all round, quality in every position, deserve to get over the line now with the All Ireland title.

Stan

Quote from: sam03/05 on May 08, 2022, 07:56:47 AM

Count the medals and trophies - he was an incredible footballer and a leader, no doubt about any of that...
Questioning his managerial ability has nothing to do with his stats as a footballer, his leadership qualities on the pitch. If he is measuring the performance levels and abilities of this team to his own stellar records then he's not a good manager or leader...that's why I make a comparison to Roy Keane...my opinion based on what i see

Questioning the managerial / leadership qualities of a man who has won 5 All Irelands as a figuredhead of Tyrone Football - 2 as captain, an u21 title and senior title - one of only a few in GAA history to captain and manage teams to AI titles.

Quote from: Stan on May 07, 2022, 11:28:46 AM

HokeyPokey

Jesus, think it's awful early to be questioning Dooher and Logan. Out of the two championship seasons they have been in charge, they won one all-Ireland and the second season isn't even over yet. 

They managed to pick the team up after getting humiliated in Killarney and somehow pulling things together after the covid outbreak to win our first sam since 2008 in their first year. They also led Tyrone to an u21, not something which is a regular occurrence either...

Under Lights

Tyrone brilliant today, such convincing champions. Few talented lads eligible and not on panel either. Future is bright

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Under Lights on May 14, 2022, 07:59:58 PM
Tyrone brilliant today, such convincing champions. Few talented lads eligible and not on panel either. Future is bright
Danny Fullerton and ...?