Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HokeyPokey

Quote from: WT4E on May 27, 2022, 12:35:41 AM
Would love to see Devlin get minuted.... reckon he's a big prospect and could be ready right now.

Yeah he's the one who most impressed me in some ways. Always seemed to make the right decision, good kick passer and spacial awareness.

Million

Looking forward to Sunday when hopefully we arrive for the year at long last.

Any team news hovering?

God14

Things fairly quiet on here, considering such a do or die game against our biggest rivals only a few days away..
Its strange times being a Tyrone fan, we are the reigning all Ireland champions yet our support is fairly tepid. We've witnessed some really God awful performances from the team this year, I think its fair to say most of us are contented with the enjoyment they brought us all last year.
Logan & Dooher not naming a team on the Thursday night even dulls this forum, it would always have sparked a few pages of debate in the Harte era. I suppose when your carrying a panel of 45 men, there are going to be up to 19 disappointed panelists when that squad of 26 is named.
The panel size has got me thinking... Many of those lads yet to make a single appearance. Surely they are wondering if the reward is worth the input? Can that be good for the mood in the squad as a whole? Do the management really have trust in them, when you carry a squad that size? How is the training and in house games managed with those numbers? Why are some highly thought of players perennially injured (Emmet McNabb & Peter Teague jump to mind) The starting 15 doesn't change a great deal, but numbers 16 to 26 seems to change quite a lot.

Redhand Santa

Looking  forward to this one. You can make excuses earlier in the year for flat performances on the back of an All Ireland but the team will be judged from now on. You'd like to thing given everything that has gone before and the knockout nature they will be up for this one and deliver a performance. Talk on here of McNulty and Donnelly being back. That combined with a few serious u20 players would definitely improve the squad depth.

It's such a pity the 26 can't be named tonight say and the rest of the panel members be allowed to play with their clubs on Friday. They'd get much needed game time and surely help to keep fringe players involved with the county. I think the argument against is that starred games are meant to involve teams with close to equal county players. But with late call ups etc this is already all over the place anyway.

Talking of the 26 it's going to be very interesting this weekend. Particularly around whether Donnelly or McNulty have made it back and whether any of the u20's can force their way in. You'd think with the talent of Canavan it would be hard to leave him out.

tyrone08

Thing about mcnulty is he is always close to a red card. He goes all in on 50/50 challenges and maybe need to calm down a bit. He's a big strong physical player who should run at the defence. He will get you frees.

God14

Quote from: tyrone08 on June 01, 2022, 01:20:46 PM
Thing about mcnulty is he is always close to a red card. He goes all in on 50/50 challenges and maybe need to calm down a bit. He's a big strong physical player who should run at the defence. He will get you frees.

He'd be another excellent target for Morgan to try and hit as well. I'd guess after 3months out, a 20min cameo is as much as we could hope for

1.morgan
2.mc kernan
3.hampsey
4.burns
5.mc geary
6. Mc nammee
7.Niall sludden
8.mc nulty
9. Kilpatrick
10.mc kenna
11. Darragh canavan
12. Meyler
13. Mc curry
14. Mattie Donnelly
15. Ruairi canavan 

Would love to see them line out like this (not going to happen) and try something different if

TheModernGame

Quote from: 03,05,08 on June 02, 2022, 09:15:17 PM
1.morgan
2.mc kernan
3.hampsey
4.burns
5.mc geary
6. Mc nammee
7.Niall sludden
8.mc nulty
9. Kilpatrick
10.mc kenna
11. Darragh canavan
12. Meyler
13. Mc curry
14. Mattie Donnelly
15. Ruairi canavan 

Would love to see them line out like this (not going to happen) and try something different if

Not sure how you can drop Kennedy and Harte? Both Burns and McGeary have been very poor this year. I wouldn't be against starting Canavan, but I think you need some sort of impact off the bench.

This is personally who I would go with.

1. Morgan
2. McKernan
3. McNamee
4. Hampsey
5. Brennan
6. Michael O'Neill
7. Sludden
8. Kilpatrick
9. Kennedy
10. Nathan Donnelly
11. Harte
12. Meyler
13. McCurry
14. McKenna
15. Darragh Canavan

NotedObserver

Quote from: TheModernGame on June 03, 2022, 09:48:44 AM
1.morgan
2.mc kernan
3.hampsey
4.burns
5.mc geary
6. Mc nammee
7.Niall sludden
8.mc nulty
9. Kilpatrick
10.mc kenna
11. Darragh canavan
12. Meyler
13. Mc curry
14. Mattie Donnelly
15. Ruairi canavan 

Not sure how you can drop Kennedy and Harte? Both Burns and McGeary have been very poor this year. I wouldn't be against starting Canavan, but I think you need some sort of impact off the bench.

1. Morgan
2. McKernan
3. McNamee
4. Hampsey
5. Brennan
6. Michael O'Neill
7. Sludden
8. Kilpatrick
9. Kennedy
10. Nathan Donnelly
11. Harte
12. Meyler
13. McCurry
14. McKenna
15. Darragh Canavan

Kennedy not dropped he is suspended.

TheModernGame

Quote from: NotedObserver on June 03, 2022, 09:55:36 AM
Quote from: TheModernGame on June 03, 2022, 09:48:44 AM
1.morgan
2.mc kernan
3.hampsey
4.burns
5.mc geary
6. Mc nammee
7.Niall sludden
8.mc nulty
9. Kilpatrick
10.mc kenna
11. Darragh canavan
12. Meyler
13. Mc curry
14. Mattie Donnelly
15. Ruairi canavan 

1. Morgan
2. McKernan
3. McNamee
4. Hampsey
5. Brennan
6. Michael O'Neill
7. Sludden
8. Kilpatrick
9. Kennedy
10. Nathan Donnelly
11. Harte
12. Meyler
13. McCurry
14. McKenna
15. Darragh Canavan

Kennedy not dropped he is suspended.

My bad. Thought it was a second yellow he got. In that case i'd probably go Richie Donnelly (if fit) to partner Kilpatrick.

NotedObserver

Morgan
McKernan
Mcnamee
Hampsey
McGeary
Burns
Harte
Kilpatrick
R Donnelly
Meyler
McKenna
Sludden
Mccurry
M Donnelly (if fit)
D Canavan

Redhand Santa

Quote from: NotedObserver on June 03, 2022, 10:41:29 AM
Morgan
McKernan
Mcnamee
Hampsey
McGeary
Burns
Harte
Kilpatrick
R Donnelly
Meyler
McKenna
Sludden
Mccurry
M Donnelly (if fit)
D Canavan

You'd imagine this team will be fairly close to what starts in terms of personnel. The one I'd be surprised starting would be Mattie. Given his injury he may be held back as a sub. Though if fit he's probably a safer option than McShane who could perform better from bench. There's a few boys who will be lucky to start though based on form - McGeary, McKenna and Sludden have all struggled this year. Hampsey at times as well. But the season will be judged from now so hopefully they can start getting back to somewhere near last years levels.

inroundthesquare

After the Derry I think Dooher had said Mattie Donnelly was 2-3 weeks away so hopefully if all has went to plan he has a couple of weeks training done. Would be a boost to get him back, Harte who wasn't fully fit v Derry and Canavan who was carrying a niggle.
Hard to see McShane starting now after being hauled off at half-time (harshly as our problems v Derry were legs around the middle)

tyrone08

Long time to next season for tyrone. Hopefully get the back room issues sorted out. Would like to see darragh starting more. Rurari may be able to get some game time as well.

Wouldn't be taking back any of the players who walked away this season.

HokeyPokey

Quote from: tyrone08 on June 05, 2022, 04:11:51 PM
Long time to next season for tyrone. Hopefully get the back room issues sorted out. Would like to see darragh starting more. Rurari may be able to get some game time as well.

Wouldn't be taking back any of the players who walked away this season.

McCann and Bradley were the only ones who had performed consistently and who could be realistically expected to add something. Donaghy and Brennan weren't trusted and maybe had one good game each over several years. Don't see why any should be brought back. There's enough quality there already and in the u20s, just needs to be put in the right configuration and a tune got out of them.

Things worked out last year, even when things didn't, like Covid they were able to turn it into motivation. They just didn't seem to be up to the pitch this year, tactics never seemed to come off and referee decisions not going for and going against us more.