Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: theskull1 on February 14, 2012, 09:08:00 AM
Well it should be no loss to people who live this side of the shugh. Why people invest so much time and interest in following such things is a bit of a mystery to me. Personal belief is  it's very much to do with being seen to run with the pack. The pack who primarily (exceptions will exist) don't want to play an active role within their own communities and like all day sessions in bars.

So it's not a mystery to you at all

theskull1

I'm one of those people who is prepared to doubt the validity of my own opinions but simply offer them in the hope that someone will enlighten me.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

deiseach

Quote from: theskull1 on February 14, 2012, 11:46:36 AM
I'm one of those people who is prepared to doubt the validity of my own opinions but simply offer them in the hope that someone will enlighten me.

I'd say you understand full well why people care about Celtic and Rangers but haven't the courage to say what you really think of them.

theskull1

wtf do you mean deiseach? I have already provided my opinion/understanding and within that opinion it should be fairly easy to work out what I think of them.

Hoping that you'll find the courage to provide your perspective.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Cac orm féin

cant wait for gers supporters to say that hmrc are full of papists and taigs.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

If Celtic join the Championship in England, the SPL can flourish and become semi-interesting.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Main Street

Afaiu from  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17018226

Craig Whyte bought Rangers for £1 and took on the repayment of the £18m bank debt.
He became a creditor, because by taking on the £18m debt, Rangers owed him £18m.
He then made some deal to have that £18m debt paid based on the future sales of season tickets.
Yet Whyte the chairman is still an £18m creditor, a stonewalled secured creditor, having even priority above unpaid taxes.
He now can take full ownership of Rangers fc and assets, in lieu of that £18m debt,  a debt he bought for £1.

passedit

Quote from: Main Street on February 14, 2012, 12:54:02 PM
Afaiu from  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17018226

Craig Whyte bought Rangers for £1 and took on the repayment of the £18m bank debt.
He became a creditor, because by taking on the £18m debt, Rangers owed him £18m.
He then made some deal to have that £18m debt paid based on the future sales of season tickets.
Yet Whyte the chairman is still an £18m creditor, a stonewalled secured creditor, having even priority above unpaid taxes.
He now can take full ownership of Rangers fc and assets, in lieu of that £18m debt,  a debt he bought for £1.

Edit Now would be a good time to merge this into the Rangers FCKd thread because I reckon HMRC will liquidate rather than stand behind this shyster in the queue.

One of the reasons this has happened, I presume

Quote(Reuters) - Tax authorities took Scottish champions Rangers to court on Tuesday to try to put the club straight into administration rather than giving them breathing space to deal with their financial crisis.

The Glasgow club gave formal notification to the same court on Monday that they were likely to go into administration within 10 days in a move that sent shockwaves through British football.

The response by the tax body is effectively an attempt to take control of the process, rather than allow the club to call the shots.
Don't Panic

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: theskull1 on February 14, 2012, 09:08:00 AM
Well it should be no loss to people who live this side of the shugh. Why people invest so much time and interest in following such things is a bit of a mystery to me. Personal belief is  it's very much to do with being seen to run with the pack. The pack who primarily (exceptions will exist) don't want to play an active role within their own communities and like all day sessions in bars.

Aye, I've never really got it eaither.

Nor why so many of my countrymen want to appropriate the flags and emblems of a conflict from another country. 

The only time I want to see the Red Hand banner flown at a Scottish sporting event is when our national football team play NI or Ulster Rugby come to visit in the Magners League.

The only time I want to see a Tricolour is during internation football interationals, rugby internationals and hybrid games with scoring systems that no-one quite understands (which is why I first came on this site, if any of you were wondering).

ardal

This is now going off thread, but I quite like seeing the Irish tricolour flown at other sporting events ranging from F1, Olympics, all GAA and other Irish sports events. Also to see it over government buildings, at the  airport when I get home and lots lots more.

Really couldn't disagree more with your times for flying our national flag

The only time I want to see a Tricolour is during internation football interationals, rugby internationals and hybrid games with scoring systems that no-one quite understands

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: ardal on February 14, 2012, 01:32:55 PM
This is now going off thread, but I quite like seeing the Irish tricolour flown at other sporting events ranging from F1, Olympics, all GAA and other Irish sports events. Also to see it over government buildings, at the  airport when I get home and lots lots more.

The only time I want to see a Tricolour is during internation football interationals, rugby internationals and hybrid games with scoring systems that no-one quite understands

Clarification:  I'm Scottish, not Irish.  I'm perfectly for the Irish do what they want with their flag within their own country.  In fact, it'd be seriously disrespectful to even suggest it's my place to comment.

I was referring to the Irish flag being flown at sporting events within Scotland.  Perhaps my comment should read:  I'd prefer if the Red Hand or Tricolour were only used at sporting events in Scotland when someone present was representing the relevent nation.

Apologies for not being clear earlier.

ardal

I think several things threw me;
Mangers league?
Scotland?
emblems of a conflict from another country?

Sorry for my stupidity

Main Street

Quote from: LondonCamanachd on February 14, 2012, 01:49:08 PM
Quote from: ardal on February 14, 2012, 01:32:55 PM

Clarification:  I'm Scottish, not Irish.  I'm perfectly for the Irish do what they want with their flag within their own country.  In fact, it'd be seriously disrespectful to even suggest it's my place to comment.

I was referring to the Irish flag being flown at sporting events within Scotland.  Perhaps my comment should read:  I'd prefer if the Red Hand or Tricolour were only used at sporting events in Scotland when someone present was representing the relevent nation.

Apologies for not being clear earlier.

from the Celtic Charter

Irish Tri-colour

Celtic is proud of its joint Scottish and Irish identity and the principles the club was founded on. The Irish tri-colour flies as a fond reminder of the positive influence Brother Walfrid and many other Irish people have had on Scottish life.

Rossfan

Quote from: LondonCamanachd on February 14, 2012, 01:49:08 PM

Opening a can of worms with that terminology Camanachd  :D :D :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: ardal on February 14, 2012, 01:52:47 PM
I think several things threw me;
Mangers league?
Scotland?
emblems of a conflict from another country?

Sorry for my stupidity

First of all: if you don't piss at least one of you off, I'm probably doing something wrong with terminology.  I think it's EG or Nifan's turn next!

Magners league = league that Ulster Rugby play in.
Scotland = "home" for me, although I now live in London (where e'er we go we celebrate, the land that makes us refugees)
For me, the troubles took place in another country, despite the Old Firm, I don't see it as a Scottish issue.

Once again, apologies for the confusion, and thanks for being forgiving to an outsider.