Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonah

Quote from: EC Unique on February 13, 2012, 04:00:37 PM
The fact that the SPL is pure and utter sh1t might be a factor?

What has the standard of football got to do with it?

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: Jonah on February 13, 2012, 08:58:06 PM

Means TV companies bid less to show the games.

Jonah

Quote from: LondonCamanachd on February 13, 2012, 08:59:23 PM

How come Celtic aren't in the crapper so?
Rangers have had revenue from Champions League football as well as a big enough revenue from ticket sales and merchandise so the problem lies with bad management rather than it being a shite football league IMO.

saffron sam2

Quote from: deiseach on February 13, 2012, 03:56:58 PM
Incredible. How the hell did this come to pass? Seriously, any Scottish soccer watchers (of which there are many here) care to explain what went wrong for Rangers? Please take 'bad karma' as given.

I blame the masons.

Quote from: Rois on February 13, 2012, 06:08:46 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 13, 2012, 04:39:41 PM

Sky Sports News are going down the hyperbole route (naturally enough) but unless I'm badly mistaken there's been a lot of English football clubs who've done this and came out the other side without the debt??

Leeds United being one. 

Yes, and if Rangers find their level in the second tier of Scottish fitba after a spell in the third, few right thinking people will shed any tears.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: Jonah on February 13, 2012, 09:02:31 PM
Quote from: LondonCamanachd on February 13, 2012, 08:59:23 PM

How come Celtic aren't in the crapper so?
Rangers have had revenue from Champions League football as well as a big enough revenue from ticket sales and merchandise so the problem lies with bad management rather than it being a shite football league IMO.

Spot on.

Rangers were trying to do what English and Spanish clubs were doing, but without the TV money backing.  The Tims have been a lot more sensible.

Aberdeen have tried to be sensible, and had a good European run off the back of it.  And then made a mangerial appointment that was probably quite amusing for everybody else.  >:(

screenexile

Scottish football won't survive without a strong Rangers . . . Celtic will have to join England and will be a Championship team and the whole thing will fall to pieces. Not that I'm disappointed. The whole Celtic/Rangers thing doesn't matter and was just a breeding ground for hatred. If the OF is disbanded it might not be good for Scottish football but it would be better for life in Scotland generally!

mannix

An annual two horse race. Without each other who's there left to hate and cheer about beating? 

Aaron Boone

Even with a ten-point penalty, they'll still be nine points ahead of Motherwell in 3rd.

dillinger

I'm a supporter of the new Gretna, i.e., Gretna FC 2008. Rangers should go the same way as the old Gretna but they won't because they are Rangers. :( The S.P.L. needs the TV money they bring.

Lecale2

If Rangers did have to reform as a new club and start at Div 3 the Scottish game would be in big bother.

The Irish League never recovered when Belfast Celtic left it.

theskull1

Quote from: Lecale2 on February 14, 2012, 08:00:09 AM
If Rangers did have to reform as a new club and start at Div 3 the Scottish game would be in big bother.

The Irish League never recovered when Belfast Celtic left it.

Serious question. Why do so many people care?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

amallon

Celic and Rangers going out of business would be no loss to the world.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

theskull1

Well it should be no loss to people who live this side of the shugh. Why people invest so much time and interest in following such things is a bit of a mystery to me. Personal belief is  it's very much to do with being seen to run with the pack. The pack who primarily (exceptions will exist) don't want to play an active role within their own communities and like all day sessions in bars.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

bennydorano

Yes, as i've stated before I Support Celtic cos i'm a sectarian fuckwit, anyone who says they've any other reason for doing so is a liar.