Two Questions

Started by DownFanatic, January 29, 2011, 08:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

These centre around GAA rules.

Firstly:  If a club do not provide an U-16 team for the season ahead and their players join a neighbouring club to get U-16 football. Do they have to transfer to that club or can they just simply register for that club without transferring and then return later to their club of origin?

Secondly: At what age group is a player officially connected to a club (i.e, the age group at which the player would have to get a transfer to join another club)
Is it as low as U-8 or U-10 or is it U-12 when official club competitions begin?

Cde

can you not amalgamate the two clubs at under age level

Boycey

Quote from: DownFanatic on January 29, 2011, 08:34:54 PM
These centre around GAA rules.

Firstly:  If a club do not provide an U-16 team for the season ahead and their players join a neighbouring club to get U-16 football. Do they have to transfer to that club or can they just simply register for that club without transferring and then return later to their club of origin?

Secondly: At what age group is a player officially connected to a club (i.e, the age group at which the player would have to get a transfer to join another club)
Is it as low as U-8 or U-10 or is it U-12 when official club competitions begin?

They must transfer to the second club and if they are any good they won't be coming back :D.

Can play for a different club every week until U12 level I think.

aontroim

Quote from: DownFanatic on January 29, 2011, 08:34:54 PM

With the new registration system I'd imagine once a kid is registered by a particular club (no matter what the age) then a transfer would be required to join another club.  I know of clubs registering kids as young as 5 on the system.