Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aontroim

Have been told all proposals for league restructuring (or otherwise) won't be on the table for discussion at Convention - will be the job of first county committee meeting.  St John's have a motion for 10 team hurling leagues, CCC have one to keep things the same and bring div 2 back to 8 teams by 2012 (2 relegated next season).  Few ridiculous motions about football leagues / championships from some clubs also.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: aontroim on November 20, 2010, 05:15:51 PM
Have been told all proposals for league restructuring (or otherwise) won't be on the table for discussion at Convention - will be the job of first county committee meeting.  St John's have a motion for 10 team hurling leagues, CCC have one to keep things the same and bring div 2 back to 8 teams by 2012 (2 relegated next season).  Few ridiculous motions about football leagues / championships from some clubs also.

Seems that the Johnnies are thinking that next season they could be in the relegation trouble!!

In agreement that the divison two should be dropped to 8 teams also. maybe this season!!! ;)

Division 4 A and B should be one league

We'll be entertaining the 'Town' in Milltown this year, I'm sure they will be favourites to go up straight away but won't get it easy at Rossa, Milltown and at the Clooney Gaels pitch, more than likely get lost on the way to that pitch ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

funtime frankie

Heard the same and that is protectionism at its very best. No doubt Ballycastle will cling on this life belt.

Have to say that I thought that the hurling leagues worked well this year when compared to previous years and I have the view if it aint broke don't fix it.

Div 2 is not a bad league in terms of its mechanics, however, there is a bigger gap between the weakest and the strongest in this league than there is in Div 1.

Depending on how the Johnnies approach the league next year I think that there is a fair chance that they could be back down again.

theskull1

Quote from: funtime frankie on November 22, 2010, 12:01:43 PM
Heard the same and that is protectionism at its very best. No doubt Ballycastle will cling on this life belt.

Have to say that I thought that the hurling leagues worked well this year when compared to previous years and I have the view if it aint broke don't fix it.

Div 2 is not a bad league in terms of its mechanics, however, there is a bigger gap between the weakest and the strongest in this league than there is in Div 1.

Depending on how the Johnnies approach the league next year I think that there is a fair chance that they could be back down again.

There was a stage with the one way league when the gap between the weakest and strongest in Div 1 was embarrassing. Unsure If the strongest have weakened to bring about an evening out in Div 1 but currently it is a close well contested division. Do youse think in time div2 might improve in this regard if we had some stability in terms of league structure?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

imtommygunn

Division 2 looks to have a good structure to it at the minute. Just looking at the table and there is a 2 point gap between bottom and mid table. That means a lot of teams are quite evenly matched making it more competitive which is good.

The leagues look good. They shouldn't mess with them in my view. Division 4 should be split too - I'm basing this on a viewpoint of someone I know who plays in there and thinks the gap is just way too large between top and bottom of a single division 4.

Going to an 8 team division 2 may do no harm but how do they manage it? Put 2 down and promote glenarm or don't promote glenarm? Then bottom 2 from 3 into 4A? I don't think it could be done fairly.

I think finally the leagues, more from the outside looking in, look ok and shouldn't be messed with. If you get relegated it's your own fault. It's your own business to get back up.

funtime frankie

Is there not a proposal that the winners of Div 2 don't go straight up to Div 1 and there is to be a play off between the teams at bottom of Div1 and and those at top of Div 2 and each division thereafter?

I think such a propsal is a crock of sh1t because if you have played hard all year to win your Division then you deserve to go up. Why make it all complicated? Well, that's easy to answer - certain clubs are only interested in themselves.

I see from the Johnnies guestbook that one of their own is unhappy with the proposal.

Milltown Row2

Look i proposed this to our club after some discussion here and there was something similar to this before.

Winners of a division go up regardless, bottom place will be relegated. The add on was that the second placed team played the second bottom placed team from the division above. if you couldn't beat that team then it would be very difficult for you the following year in that division.

What we had for a couple of seasons was this, winners of a division played the bottom placed of the higher division. They were normally beaten so they scrapped it.

Two up and two down sorts it out. means all the games are meaningful. I'd even go for the playoffs like they do in Ice Hockey and other American sports. Means teams playing, training right up to the end. Top four play off for the league bottom four play off for relegation!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

drgeorge

funtime frankie

This is a hurling thread. Any with Liam Mac?

johnneycool

Quote from: drgeorge on November 23, 2010, 10:15:17 PM
Nice xmas present i came across on ebay sam for sale lol http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190471993698#ht_500wt_1156

is that something Mimi Maguire would have hanging from her ample wrists?

TAF.

Just Puck It

I wonder is drgeorge's other online identity 'kieranokane204'?
drgeorge

County: Tyrone
Club: Strabane

And the item is coming from 'Item location: Strabane, Tyrone, United Kingdom
Post to: United Kingdom'.

Surely it's only a coincidence?

Last Man

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Hurling-Game-Mid-Tipperary/dp/1907107576/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1291072045&sr=8-3

Lads, forget Cody, Donal Og, Big Dan. Check out the must have book this Christmas by Shane Caldwell. Everyboy up in St.Johns and St.Endas are doing their nuts in case they have ended up as a character in the story, or worse still that they've been left out.. :D

maxpower

Ollie Baker joins the antrim backroom team.
What happens next????

the colonel

What role will baker have?

Former All Ireland winner with Clare, Ollie Baker has agreed to join Dinny Cahill's management team for 2010.

He will be joined by Dublin based coach David Kennedy.

Dunloy's Gregory O'Kane continues in his role as a selector and coach.

the difference between success and failure is energy

JamesH

As far as we know he will still be in charge of the County footballers