glastonbury

Started by bcarrier, June 27, 2009, 12:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Was looking forward to them. But....no.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

screenexile

Quote from: smort on June 23, 2023, 11:07:25 PM
Arctic monkeys

Was coming on to say they are going well here but board doesn't seem to agree, and that's alright

They've been like this for a good few years now, it is getting towards 20 years since that first album, and they were only teenagers. He has gone very Richard Hawley on it

I get that they aren't teenagers anymore but this all seems very put on!

maldini

Thought it was Joey Barton

markl121

Other great bands can pull out their old stuff and sing it properly. This crowd is dead, every song that sounds vaguely familiar then they get into it. A gig like this isn't rocket science, but this is crap. Plus he is singing at half speed in some sort of American accent

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Harold Disgracey

I had tickets for Marlay Park on Tuesday, was disappointed when the cancelled but I am slightly underwhelmed by the Arctic Monkeys so far.

Cunny Funt

Crowd seem a little bit muted or just the way it's coming across on TV?

markl121

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 23, 2023, 11:41:48 PM
Crowd seem a little bit muted or just the way it's coming across on TV?
Yes the crowd is dead because this is shite

Wildweasel74

Am gonna call them poor,

quit yo jibbajabba

Im a simple being when it comes to this. I just want a few anthems a few songs ye can sing along to, theres fcuk all of that goin on. Was never a fan but hoped id be surprised.

Ben howard on at 12 today. Shameful.

Ah well. Onto G'N'R tomoro nite. Even if axel cant sing no more should still be good

Edit - Monkeys gettin slated on the twitter also

thewobbler

I must have sleepwalked through the noighties for I'm struggling to remember any Arctic Monkeys songs. I mean I've heard of the band, and they obviously were pop culture for a while . I just can't rhyme a banger tune from them out of my head.

And this isn't helping.

Milltown Row2

Caught Texas earlier, that's my age group
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Cunny Funt

I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor in the encore now no doubt.

Newbridge Exile

I wouldn't  call myself  a huge fan of the Artic Monkeys but that was underwhelming IMHO