Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Family guy on November 22, 2010, 03:53:59 PM
Have you forgot about your thirds??Or do you only follow successful teams in your club

LOL

Family Guy 1
EC Unique 0

Also, EC, why wouldnt he be playing for Errigal???
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

EC Unique

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 22, 2010, 04:06:28 PM
Quote from: Family guy on November 22, 2010, 03:53:59 PM
Have you forgot about your thirds??Or do you only follow successful teams in your club

LOL

Family Guy 1
EC Unique 0

Also, EC, why wouldnt he be playing for Errigal???

Of course Aghaloo going down, my bad :D

By the way there is no guarantee there will be EC 3rds next year.

I doubt he will be playing for Errigal due to is lack of self discipline. That is all I will say about it.

KIDDO 4

The following players are to report to St Ciaran's Ballygawley on Saturday at 9:30am.
Tyrone U15  Dev squad
Tiarnan Donnelly (Aghaloo), Ruairi Mc Glone (Aghaloo), Ronan McHugh (Aghyaran), Oisín McHugh (Aghyaran), Michael Lynn (Ardboe), Oliver Mallaghan (Ardboe), Oisín Devlin (Ardboe), Caolan McQuaid (Augher), Declan McCann (Beragh), Ruairi McElhatton (Brackaville), Che O'Donnell (Brackaville), Sean Fox (Cappagh), Paul Herron (Coalisland), Kyle Proctor (Coalisland), Gary McKenna (Cookstown), Stephen Mc Grath (Derrylaughan), Gabriel Coary (Derrylaughan), Shea Hamill (Donaghmore), Philip Donnelly (Donaghmore), Cathal Gallagher (Drumragh), Sean Mc Gale (Drumragh), Ciaran Slevin (Dromore), Enda Mc Elroy (Eglish), Colin Byrne (Eglish), Sean Muldoon (Eglish), Thomas McGrath (Fintona), Conor McGoldrick (Fintona), Cillian McCann  (Fintona), Christopher Morris (Galbally), Ronan Kirk (Glenelly), Chris Mc Clean (Gortin), Sean Fox  (Greencastle), Ruairi Quinn (Kildress), Cormac McNally (Kildress), Nathan Breen (Killeeshil), Niall Grimes (Loughmacrory), Pearse Grimes (Loughmacrory), Kevin Collins (Loughmacrory), Justin Conlon (Moortown), Ryan Dynes (Moy), Conor Loughrey (Newtownstewart), Michael Flanagan (Omagh), Stephen Harper (Owen Roe's), Cathal Mc Shane (Owen Roe's), Ryan Devine (Owen Roe's), Anthony McKenna (Pomeroy), Daniel Lowe (Stewartstown), Lorcan Glackin (Strabane), Conor Smith (Trillick), Daire Gallagher (Trillick), Stephen O'Donnell (Trillick).

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ziggysego on November 22, 2010, 01:16:00 PM
Don't you hate it, when you discover gaaboarders are stalking you at work....

You haven't noticed anything missing from your bedroom yet....
... Have you?  :-*
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Zapatista on November 21, 2010, 11:43:43 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on November 21, 2010, 07:11:21 PM
Quote from: gerry on November 21, 2010, 04:27:59 PM
Another year in div 3 for the tones i hate to say

Were you at it Gerry? Was there myself but left after full-time (D'oh  ;) ).

Thought we should have buried the ball in the back of the Drumquin net a few times in normal time, bad luck all the same.

I'd the Champange back in the fridge which will now have to wait till ye reach divison 1 as the moment had passed when word of extra-time came through :D

Good man Zap, sure it'll only add one more year to the vintage! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Zapatista

Quote from: EC Unique on November 22, 2010, 01:40:41 PM
By the way I would not have Dromore on power with Coalisland, I think they are on a downward curve due to the team getting a bit older. They had a good few years though. I would fear Omagh the most next year because they, like Errigal, have loads of potential if they can just 'click'.

Again there is very little to back up that EC are the best team in the County. Dromore were better than EC last year and Coalisland this year. Maybe next year EC will be the best as Dromore weren't this year but for now there is nothing to suggest they are.

Man Marker

Quote from: EC Unique on November 22, 2010, 01:47:58 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on November 22, 2010, 12:44:33 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 22, 2010, 12:14:46 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on November 22, 2010, 11:37:17 AM
In recent years? No. This year? Well yes.

What happens over 60 or 70 minutes in one game defines who is the better team? Not in my book. Any club can have an off day when things go wrong for one reason or another but it does not mean that over all the other team is better at football. Take your own club for example, I was in Dunmoyle this year when Galbally put Greencastle out of the Championship. On the day I thought Greencastle looked better but just missed out and this is confirmed on the league table. Do you see what I am getting at?

That's fair enough but when two teams like yourself and Coalisland set out at the start of the year to achieve the same goal and only one team achieves it they are the better side.

Strangly there would be more strength to you theory if Carrickmore had have won the AI. Then you could claim with a little more conviction that you met Coalisland on an off day.

Last week you were telling us that the league isn't important and now you are using it to back your claim.

Zap, the league is what it is and the Championship is where it is at. When Errigal get to a league final I would rather win it than not but believe me nobody is jumping up and down today in Errigal over the title. It is nice to win one but I take more satisfaction out of the manner in how both the semi and the final were played. It was an excellent game yeaterday, better than any club Championship game I saw this year and I heard many people including people from outside Errigal say the same.

It is over now and I know what our priority will be next year.

Gald you realise that when its loose and in the league Errigal are unstoppable ;)

ONeill

Heard recently that Enda McGinley score 1-6 in the first half for Errigal against an experimental Kildare side. It'd be great if he keeps that form going into 2011.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

EC Unique

Quote from: Zapatista on November 22, 2010, 11:03:52 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 22, 2010, 01:40:41 PM
By the way I would not have Dromore on power with Coalisland, I think they are on a downward curve due to the team getting a bit older. They had a good few years though. I would fear Omagh the most next year because they, like Errigal, have loads of potential if they can just 'click'.

Again there is very little to back up that EC are the best team in the County. Dromore were better than EC last year and Coalisland this year. Maybe next year EC will be the best as Dromore weren't this year but for now there is nothing to suggest they are.

Believe it or not Zap it is Dromore that we take some inspiration from, didn't Dromore win a couple of League titles before they made the break through in the Championship?

rrhf

By the way Congrats ec on the league.  But please dont make it so hard to love you.   ;)

EC Unique

Ah shucks! Thanks rrhf.

That's interesting about enda as the last couple of club games he has been outstanding. Good news for Tyrone if he can reach previous form.

Zapatista

Quote from: EC Unique on November 23, 2010, 09:29:08 AM

Believe it or not Zap it is Dromore that we take some inspiration from, didn't Dromore win a couple of League titles before they made the break through in the Championship?

Let's hope the current Dromore side can take the same ;)

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: on the sideline on November 21, 2010, 06:21:46 PM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 21, 2010, 04:26:11 PM
Any word re Strabane / Drumquin?

Its a very tough division 2 next year

Division 2 2011

Kildress
Aghyaran
Galbally
Loughmacrory
Pomeroy
Rock
Eskra
Urney
Clan na Gael
Newtownstewert
Gortin
Strabane
Edendork
Augher
Stewartstown
Killyman

Tough Division, hard to pick out and out favourites for either promotion or relegation

Is it niave to think that this division is between kildress, aghyaran and galbally? Think it will be tough division but surely the experience of these three should count for something against the rest.

PS Congratulations to Moortown gaining promotion to div 1 at the expense of my beloved tones! They certainly enjoyed the viictory at the final whistle and rightfully so.
End of an era for a kildress team who have plied their trade in senior football for 12 years. It was such a great generation for a club with a small pick IMO. Young boys have to step up to the plate now!!

Family guy

Yeah would have to say that its almost certain that the league will be won by one of them three teams,dont know about the championship tho,you just never know with it