Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In hiding

Quote from: GlenMan on May 10, 2016, 07:29:01 PM
The Dictator at Garvaghey is a disgrace to the County. I was at the Feile last night and once again everyone was locked out of the building. No pitches lined and a refusal to turn on the floodlights even though it was dark.
He is a disgrace. How he gets away with disrespecting everyone and being answerable to no one is typical of the arrogance of those in charge at garvaghey

rrhf

mick the master

The Bearded One

He certainly lacks a bit of personality for someone that is effectively 'front of house' for visitors to Garvaghey.
It is what it is. Presumably.

ose 14

now lads hes not getting paid to smile and things are tight up there. who knows floodlights on in may wouldnt have been accounted for in the budget. very few other counties can boast a building with a t on the roof even though its minus a fit for purpose gym, warm showers and a kitchen not to mention floodlights when the time changes. if you were standing up there all day having to smile at teachers and take your life in your hands crossing the A5 for an auld kebab in kellys you might behave like a spanner too.

Bo Man

Our lads were brilliant last night. They showed great spirit but carrickmore are favourites for the final.

The feile was a balls up from the beginning. Garvaghey is a cold house for clubs. Mcgoldrick showed years ago he couldnt care about the clubs. Thon Jordan blade stands back and lets him run the show. Clubs need to stop paying for thon place and sell it back to the farmers.

Christmas Lights

Where's Mickey McGoldrick from, what club like?

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Uncle Kev

Quote from: Bo Man on May 11, 2016, 11:26:36 PM
Our lads were brilliant last night. They showed great spirit but carrickmore are favourites for the final.

The feile was a balls up from the beginning. Garvaghey is a cold house for clubs. Mcgoldrick showed years ago he couldnt care about the clubs. Thon Jordan blade stands back and lets him run the show. Clubs need to stop paying for thon place and sell it back to the farmers.
hi lads go easy on poor Mickey NcGoldrick as I feel he is being used and abused by the Iron Lady . It's not right I know that children should be denied changing and showering faclities seeing it's our clubs and members who are paying for the upkeep of the place.We would need to put a manager in to run the show and withdraw mcaugheys salary which will more than pay for it. I can't see how we are any better off paying such a salary to the bounty secretary . The manager would have to make the place profitable to account for his wages so it would then be up to him to make sure everyone is happy ! Sinn e

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Uncle Kev on May 12, 2016, 12:18:25 PM

hi lads go easy on poor Mickey NcGoldrick as I feel he is being used and abused by the Iron Lady . It's not right I know that children should be denied changing and showering faclities seeing it's our clubs and members who are paying for the upkeep of the place.We would need to put a manager in to run the show and withdraw mcaugheys salary which will more than pay for it. I can't see how we are any better off paying such a salary to the bounty secretary . The manager would have to make the place profitable to account for his wages so it would then be up to him to make sure everyone is happy ! Sinn e

There was a centre manager  up there at one point, but im not sure if he still is there or not.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

winghalfback

2 things

1 Mickey mc goldbricking has the job as caretaker for garvaghy witch would I presume include lining out pitches ensuring the showers are working and hot ensuring that changing areas are open and also turning on floodlights when there are games on the pitches, I can bet county teams don't have to worry about no floodlights

2 Who and in what time frame do you think will do the county secretary job administration is a massive part of any club never mind for over 50 clubs and several county teams too. Most county boards have a full time employed county secretary.

drgeorge

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 12, 2016, 12:19:33 PM

There was a centre manager  up there at one point, but im not sure if he still is there or not.

Yeah was a Strabane fella as manager at start rumour be told he stood up to the hierarchy and they didn't like it! I was a few events up there in his time, remember club flags and all on display at front and him offering us refreshments... Obviously knew what he was at and not the style of the iron fisters!!!

redzone

Anybody know what if anything the clubs pay towards garvaghy each year. Never seems to be anything on paper at club agm about it