Hamas attack Israel & subsequent genocide

Started by bennydorano, October 07, 2023, 09:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/2023/10/11/michael-mcdowell-israels-right-to-self-defence-must-be-proportionate-lawful-and-humane/

Israel's right to self-defence must be proportionate, lawful and humane

Gaza, already a sump of hopelessness, deprivation and subjection, is about to become a living hell. That will have lasting historical reverberations

But Gaza remains what it undeniably is – a terrible place and an inhuman pressure cooker. And Israel jointly shares responsibility and blame for what it is – and what it has become – with neighbouring Arab states that unleashed wars in 1948, 1967 and 1973. Gaza is a sump of hopelessness, deprivation and political subjection to the extremists who control it.

It is contended by many that the rise of Hamas to ascendancy in Gaza was initially encouraged by Israel as occupier, in the short-sighted view that encouraging a local variant of the Muslim Brotherhood would diminish the power, standing and effectiveness of the Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO) and the secularist, left-wing politicians who dominated the Palestine Authority. Splitting the Palestinian political entity in two was seen by some as an opportunity to divide and conquer.

If so, that strategy has dramatically backfired. It has dealt heavy blows on any two-state solution to the Israel/Palestine political conflict. That may suit the hard right in Israel in their strategy of creeping annexation of the West Bank and kettling two million Palestinians under Hamas in Gaza.

Eyewitness footage documented wide-scale destruction in Gaza's Jabalia Refugee Camp after an Israeli airstrike in the area. Video: Reuters

There is a risk that Netanyahu will now unleash such terrible destruction by air and land on Gaza that tens of thousands of innocent humans will die, hundreds of thousands will be made homeless, and millions left with no social infrastructure, water, electricity, sewage, gas or access to food or health facilities. Reduction of millions to a living hell of disease and despair.

If that is the response that Netanyahu thinks will "echo across the generations", all of Israel's western supporters will share the blame if they allow it to happen.

US president Joe Biden should wake up to what he is watching. Netanyahu's vengeance has the capacity to critically damage the West in a relatively short time frame. Biden has the lives of tens of thousands of people in his hands and he must take the responsibility if he transfers them into the cupped hands of Netanyahu.

Terrorism depends on horror in the minds of others. It thrives on outrage. It has been said that last weekend was Israel's 9/11. The 2001 terror attacks in the US begat worldwide outrage, sympathy and calls for a "war on terror" by the Bush administration. Who won that war? Is it still ongoing? Can it ever end?

If Hamas deserves to be toppled – and it does – how will reduction of Gaza to stone-age rubble address the long-term security needs of Israel? How will that play across the Islamic world? Who knows how the Saudis and the Gulf states will view the Hamas massacres, or how they will play out if Gaza is razed and many thousands of Palestinians die? Could Israeli-Arab rapprochement survive a war in Gaza that will "echo across generations"?

Europe sat on its hands on the annexation of the West Bank. Those of us in the Seanad who passed the Settlement Goods Bill as a small but important symbolic rejection of the creeping illegal annexation of the West Bank were described by the Israeli government as anti-Semitic.

Ireland must now shout out loud against total war in Gaza. The only response that will avoid further long-term catastrophe is restraint and adherence to international law. Israel's right of self-defence must be proportionate, lawful and humane. That response might echo across the generations.

Michael McDowellGaza StripIsrael

seafoid

All Zionists interviewed on UK media yesterday repeated the lies about decapitated babies

Hodge beheaded babies
https://twitter.com/BigBillMoon/status/1711829195737690573

Tories and Labour gave Israel carte lanche.

Shapps human animals
https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1711996654298050793

Starmer
https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1712047387902898301

Thornberry
https://twitter.com/Taj_Ali1/status/1712232617934733354

Milltown Row2

Regarding the BBC, which 5 live I listen to on way to work and home, and I caught some of radio Ulster yesterday at lunchtime, they have had balanced views from people in Gaza, Israel and humanitarian workers in the area.

I didn't notice any of the terms killed/murdered being used differently from presenters

But you hear what you want to hear in life
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2023, 07:34:03 AMRegarding the BBC, which 5 live I listen to on way to work and home, and I caught some of radio Ulster yesterday at lunchtime, they have had balanced views from people in Gaza, Israel and humanitarian workers in the area.

I didn't notice any of the terms killed/murdered being used differently from presenters

But you hear what you want to hear in life

Case closed

seafoid

Rachel Riley has all the latest Israeli fabrications to justify carpet bombing Gaza

https://twitter.com/RachelRileyRR

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on October 12, 2023, 10:20:03 AMRachel Riley has all the latest Israeli fabrications to justify carpet bombing Gaza

Seriously Rachel Riley?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

PadraicHenryPearse

Rachel Riley imo is a horrible person, that's as nicely as I can put it. she shared a lot of views/imo lies on Corbyn.

However, you cannot win/should have an argument agruing that 40 babies weren't beheaded or they were beheaded, one dead baby is one too many regardless of how that death occurred (it stomach churning even writing this).

I have said a number of times there is loads of mis information out there but it might only be degree's of mis information, it can have serious consequences but it best to wait for veritable info. were possible.

Just back on the BBC as Riley reminds me, didn't they digitally alter pictures of Jeremy Corbyn too.

tbrick18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2023, 10:56:58 AM
Quote from: seafoid on October 12, 2023, 10:20:03 AMRachel Riley has all the latest Israeli fabrications to justify carpet bombing Gaza

Seriously Rachel Riley?

Yeah she's been very outspoken for years in support of Isreal and regularly spouts anti-palestine propaganda.
Too much airtime being given to these pro-isreali mouthpieces who just regurgitate the Isreali state propaganda as fact.

I've no doubt Hamas have performed atrocities, but not at the same scale as the Isreali state has against the Palestinian people. There has been a systematic process of ethnic cleansing by Isreal for decades, landgrabbing and murdering, all in contravention to international law.
What does the world expect to happen under those circumstances? Isreal breaking the law, Palestinians suffering under their boot and yet Isreal is backed by the West. People will try to fight back themselves or they will support/elect people who will fight back on their behalf. Not all Palestinians will fully buy into the ethos of Hamas but they will still elect them as they will see them as their protectors. Hamas can only exist whilst the Palestinian people are being treated in this way by Isreal.
Hamas being declare terrorists is like calling the people of Ukraine terrorists for fighting back against a Russian agressor/occupier. I'm sure the Ukrainians have performed despicable acts, but they have the backing of the west (rightly in my opinion) as it's against the Russians. In this case the Isreali's have so much foreign clout that they have the backing of the west even though they are the agressor/occupier.

The people of Palestine have a bleak outlook, in no small part down to the actions of the British since the end of WW2.

The term anti-sematic is thrown out there at anyone who opposes the Israeli state and their actions. That's a despicable view, especially given how Jews suffered in holocaust. It's not anti-Jewish to be anti-Israel.

tbrick18

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on October 12, 2023, 11:00:31 AMRachel Riley imo is a horrible person, that's as nicely as I can put it. she shared a lot of views/imo lies on Corbyn.

However, you cannot win/should have an argument agruing that 40 babies weren't beheaded or they were beheaded, one dead baby is one too many regardless of how that death occurred (it stomach churning even writing this).

I have said a number of times there is loads of mis information out there but it might only be degree's of mis information, it can have serious consequences but it best to wait for veritable info. were possible.

Just back on the BBC as Riley reminds me, didn't they digitally alter pictures of Jeremy Corbyn too.

I agree 100%.

Armagh18

Quote from: tbrick18 on October 12, 2023, 11:42:39 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2023, 10:56:58 AM

Seriously Rachel Riley?

Yeah she's been very outspoken for years in support of Isreal and regularly spouts anti-palestine propaganda.
Too much airtime being given to these pro-isreali mouthpieces who just regurgitate the Isreali state propaganda as fact.

I've no doubt Hamas have performed atrocities, but not at the same scale as the Isreali state has against the Palestinian people. There has been a systematic process of ethnic cleansing by Isreal for decades, landgrabbing and murdering, all in contravention to international law.
What does the world expect to happen under those circumstances? Isreal breaking the law, Palestinians suffering under their boot and yet Isreal is backed by the West. People will try to fight back themselves or they will support/elect people who will fight back on their behalf. Not all Palestinians will fully buy into the ethos of Hamas but they will still elect them as they will see them as their protectors. Hamas can only exist whilst the Palestinian people are being treated in this way by Isreal.
Hamas being declare terrorists is like calling the people of Ukraine terrorists for fighting back against a Russian agressor/occupier. I'm sure the Ukrainians have performed despicable acts, but they have the backing of the west (rightly in my opinion) as it's against the Russians. In this case the Isreali's have so much foreign clout that they have the backing of the west even though they are the agressor/occupier.

The people of Palestine have a bleak outlook, in no small part down to the actions of the British since the end of WW2.

The term anti-sematic is thrown out there at anyone who opposes the Israeli state and their actions. That's a despicable view, especially given how Jews suffered in holocaust. It's not anti-Jewish to be anti-Israel.

100%

Rudi

Shes nothing more than a c**k tease, who can count.

whitey

Wonder if Mary Lou asked her pals in Hamas about the time they tossed gay people off a roof when she met with them a few years ago

Saffrongael

Quote from: Rudi on October 12, 2023, 12:10:46 PM

Shes nothing more than a c**k tease, who can count.

You still would
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Rudi

Do the Israelis not see the irony of starving & denying 2.2 million people their basis human rights. Whats their end game, death to all Palestinians. This is a reverse holocaust. Really disgusting stuff, as the leaders of the western world look on & support.
A ceasefire immediately, peace keepers from the UN, with humanitarian aid should be the worlds number 1 priority. 

JoG2

Quote from: Rudi on October 12, 2023, 12:23:11 PMDo the Israelis not see the irony of starving & denying 2.2 million people their basis human rights. Whats their end game, death to all Palestinians. This is a reverse holocaust. Really disgusting stuff, as the leaders of the western world look on & support.
A ceasefire immediately, peace keepers from the UN, with humanitarian aid should be the worlds number 1 priority. 

Just incredible, what played out in history in the 1930s and 1940s and is taught in history books that has disgusted people for decades is once again playing out in front of our eyes.