Club Hurling 2023

Started by Saffrongael, October 01, 2023, 05:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 21, 2024, 02:32:27 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on January 21, 2024, 02:26:27 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on January 21, 2024, 02:24:09 PMDidn't seem to be much in that for a red card?

Don't be an idiot. You can tell right away by the offending players reaction.

His reaction was of surprise he must be an idiot also?

I think he was excepting a yellow
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Gael85

O'Loughlin Gaels have this. Hard to play with 14 when up against 16.

manfromdelmonte

How did the referee miss the headbutt in the first half? Crazy stuff
Then the Gaels player pushed into the end netting not even punished

johnnycool

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 21, 2024, 02:42:59 PMHow did the referee miss the headbutt in the first half? Crazy stuff
Then the Gaels player pushed into the end netting not even punished

Hurl on, never mind the ball  ;D

Blowitupref

Congratulations to St Thomás some score to win it and all the more impressive to win with 14 men for all of the 2nd half.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Tatler Jack

Deserved win for St Thomas despite the ref. Great score to win it 

johnnycool

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 21, 2024, 02:57:29 PMCongratulations to St Thomás some score to win it and all the more impressive to win with 14 men for all of the 2nd half.

Good enough score to win any game,

Conor Cooney MOTM for me.

Armagh18

Disgrace for that to be lost over the goal

Gael85

Well done to St Thomas. Superb score by Eanna Burke to win it. David Burke and Conor Cooney are superb leaders and players.

johnnycool

SHEEDY

What a score to win it, brilliant score. Harsh enough red card I thought, though St Thomas were brilliant after going down a man
nil satis nisi optimum

Saffrongael

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 21, 2024, 03:34:24 PMWhat a score to win it, brilliant score. Harsh enough red card I thought, though St Thomas were brilliant after going down a man

Yeah I thought they were the better team in the second half. Tough conditions but OLG don't have that massive scoring threat
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Few players went missing for Gaels when the man was sent off, no idea what they did with the spare man and that's down to how the manager sets out his team when that happens.

St Thomas's used it to fire them up and they found so much space and took their scores..

Some of Gaels approach play in the second half was junior standard at time, the weather was the same for both but St Thomas's worked it better
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Saffrongael on January 21, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on January 21, 2024, 03:34:24 PMWhat a score to win it, brilliant score. Harsh enough red card I thought, though St Thomas were brilliant after going down a man

Yeah I thought they were the better team in the second half. Tough conditions but OLG don't have that massive scoring threat
Club is about how good the non county players are . Deegan and Lalor were superb but in the second half the ordinary players faded  . Their accuracy eluded them.   

NAG1

Very harsh call on the Red, OLG player made a real meal of it.

But it did actually have a positive affect on St T's game plan, they were definitely better on the ball after the sending off and kept possession better for sure.

Good competitive game for the neutral.