Division one 2021

Started by tonto1888, December 14, 2020, 07:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

Great win for Armagh, and nice to see them close a game out!

Captain Obvious

Quote from: balladmaker on May 16, 2021, 04:38:28 PM
Great win for Armagh, and nice to see them close a game out!

And fully deserved, looked fit for the first match of the year. One more win should keep Armagh up but won't be easy against Tyrone, Donegal.

Main Street

It was well deserved for Armagh, defended in swarms, much more clinical is front of goal and made the point scoring  look less arduos.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: dublin7 on May 16, 2021, 03:26:49 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 16, 2021, 03:25:09 PM
How was that a foot block? He was at least a metre away from the ball being kicked
It was in no way dangerous
That's hilarious 😂 He dived feet first right in front of him. If you putting together a demonstration video of what a foot block is you could use this as an example
You don't know the rule.
A foot block is a block on the kicking action not the ball going through air

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on May 16, 2021, 03:56:08 PM
We weren't disgraced but the inevitable result whenever the MONSTER meets a little rural County.
1st penalty was probably correct
2nd Never.  . How is a forward facing the endline a goal scoring opportunity.
3rd No way either, Niall D was a metre away from the kicker.
We still have no defence or midfield and take an age to get the ball to the Shooters.
I suppose now that game is out of the way we can start engaging with the mini League.
Ros v unlucky not to be in the other group. The imbalance is nuts.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 16, 2021, 05:07:24 PM
How was that a foot block? He was at least a metre away from the ball being kicked
That's hilarious 😂 He dived feet first right in front of him. If you putting together a demonstration video of what a foot block is you could use this as an example
You don't know the rule.
It's one thing some anonymous gazebo on an Internet forum not knowing the rule but an established inter County Ref .....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dublin7

Quote from: Rossfan on May 16, 2021, 05:47:07 PM
You don't know the rule.
It's one thing some anonymous gazebo on an Internet forum not knowing the rule but an established inter County Ref .....

Do you know what a foot block is? From the GAA website:
Cautionable Infractions (Yellow Cards)

1. To block or attempt to block with the boot when an opponent is kicking the ball from the hand(s).

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on May 16, 2021, 06:47:46 PM
You don't know the rule.

1. To block or attempt to block with the boot when an opponent is kicking the ball from the hand(s).

Comical Ali strikes again.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tonto1888

Quote from: straightred on May 16, 2021, 03:46:32 PM
Quote from: Schkite on May 16, 2021, 03:44:58 PM
I'm not well up on the new rules so maybe I'm missing some new interpretation - but one of the most obvious looking black cards wasn't given at the end of the Monaghan/Armagh first half, when a Monaghan forward was pulled back from being straight through on goal after a poor kickout. I've no idea how the officials arrive at some of these decisions.

Bizarre decision. Thought it was also might have been a penalty as well but im not sure. You won't see a clearer black all year though

Was outside the big square. Kennedy was a very lucky boy tho.

Rossfan

You don't know the rule.

Ball was already kicked.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 16, 2021, 07:11:43 PM
I'm not well up on the new rules so maybe I'm missing some new interpretation - but one of the most obvious looking black cards wasn't given at the end of the Monaghan/Armagh first half, when a Monaghan forward was pulled back from being straight through on goal after a poor kickout. I've no idea how the officials arrive at some of these decisions.

Bizarre decision. Thought it was also might have been a penalty as well but im not sure. You won't see a clearer black all year though

Rules have changed tonto. 'Cynical' foul anywhere inside the 21 or the D that stops a goal scoring opportunity is now a penalty. Not sure if Kennedy's foul was inside the 21 though, maybe just outside.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

tonto1888

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on May 16, 2021, 08:22:13 PM

Rules have changed tonto. 'Cynical' foul anywhere inside the 21 or the D that stops a goal scoring opportunity is now a penalty. Not sure if Kennedy's foul was inside the 21 though, maybe just outside.

Ah right. Didn't know that. Couldn't say if he was outside the 21 or not. Woukd need to watch again. Either way he was very lucky

dublin7

Quote from: Rossfan on May 16, 2021, 08:08:58 PM
You don't know the rule.

Ball was already kicked.
As Fenton kicked it the Roscommon player threw himself in front of the ball feet first to block it. You can't block the shot until he kicks it so obviously the ball is being kicked when he blocked it. The Roscommon player doesn't have to touch Fenton for it to be a penalty.

I thought the 2nd one was more questionable. Roscommon defender got caught the wrong side of the dub, but he was on the end line so if he hadn't given a black card there wouldn't have been too many complaints

straightred

He couldn't give the penalty if he didnt give the black card as the rule wouldn't apply then. Armagh still won well anyway but lets just say Brannigan is a poor ref and leave it at that.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: straightred on May 16, 2021, 10:15:38 PM

He couldn't give the penalty if he didnt give the black card as the rule wouldn't apply then. Armagh still won well anyway but lets just say Brannigan is a poor ref and leave it at that.

but don't the definitions of 'cynical fouls' still apply? So a pull back isn't a cynical foul and can't be included as a black card or cynical penalty. If he had body collided / tripped him it may have been a different story.
Blame may be with the rule rather than the refq
Hasta la victoria siempre