Division one 2021

Started by tonto1888, December 14, 2020, 07:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: trileacman on May 22, 2021, 05:52:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2021, 05:49:42 PM
How bad are Tyrone if that Donegal team bate them handy last day out?

They're awful. People just ignored how piss poor both teams were last week.

LOL.  :D

You've some people talking us up (stupidly IMO) as potentially the best of the rest after Dublin and Kerry.

On the other hand you've people saying we're garbage!

Blowitupref

FT Donegal 1-20 Monaghan 4-11. Fine comeback draw for Donegal. Monaghan will be kicking themselves they didn't win that match.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

J70

I'll take that.

Good game, but f**k we need to sort that defense out.

Hopefully McFadden Ferry will be available and ready to go for Championship. Stephen McMenamin finally back too.

The rarely seen Ciaran Gillespie, if finally fit after all these years as some reports say, might be worth a look too.

SouthDublinBro

Scoring 3 goals is all well and good but McCarthy missed a good chance right at the end when it mattered most.

Schkite

Can't believe Monaghan didn't end up winning that, especially with some of the late chances. Probably very tired legs after being a man down for a couple of stretches.

Enjoyable game all the same. Monaghan will still be in relegation trouble having not got the win, but they seem to be using this league as more of a chance to blood young players than sticking with the tried and tested, and alot of young players performed well. Might end up costing Monaghan in the short term, but there's encouraging signs going forward with some of the younger lads.

Main Street

Monaghan did spurn good chances at the end, but I suppose a draw was fair enough with  both teams mumbling about how they  should've won. I didn't like (hate) Monaghan fannying about with the ball in their own half,  they just handed back the initiative to Donegal.
Good to see Jack McCarron return after a lengthy spell out and Niall Kearns was excellent in his cameo. So far so good with Monaghan, just cut out the fannying about.

Boycey

Quote from: Main Street on May 22, 2021, 07:00:20 PM
Monaghan did spurn good chances at the end, but I suppose a draw was fair enough with  both teams mumbling about how they  should've won. I didn't like (hate) Monaghan fannying about with the ball in their own half,  they just handed back the initiative to Donegal.
Good to see Jack McCarron return after a lengthy spell out and Niall Kearns was excellent in his cameo. So far so good with Monaghan, just cut out the fannying about.

Jack McCarron was the main instigator of the fannying about?

straightred

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on May 22, 2021, 06:45:28 PM
Scoring 3 goals is all well and good but McCarthy missed a good chance right at the end when it mattered most.

i think we can let him off. He was out on his feet having spent most of the 2nd half dropping deep.
McGee's time must be up though. What would clifford or OCallaghan do to him

Captain Obvious

Armagh 1-7 Tyrone 1-7. Good competitive half of football. Fitness and conditioning will likely be the difference 2nd half.

Wildweasel74

The standard of defenders are not what they were, years of blanket defences have hid many a defender lack of defensive skills, until open games of football are played, though all have adapted to go forward.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 22, 2021, 07:46:21 PM
The standard of defenders are not what they were, years of blanket defences have hid many a defender lack of defensive skills, until open games of football are played, though all have adapted to go forward.

True. Apart from most of Dublins defenders, a few from Mayo I'd struggle to name good individual tight marking defenders into todays modern football.

From the Bunker

Defenders are hindered by Black and yellow cards anymore! They can't tackle a forward who wins a mark. Forwards are rarely pulled on steps. It's a litany of rules and interpretations invented to suit forwards.

Captain Obvious

What a pass and cool finish. Armagh back in front.

thewobbler

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 22, 2021, 08:04:10 PM

Defenders are hindered by Black and yellow cards anymore! They can't tackle a forward who wins a mark. Forwards are rarely pulled on steps. It's a litany of rules and interpretations invented to suit forwards.

This.

High scoring football is not always a better form of football. Especially when it's a litany of frees

Captain Obvious

That penalty miss could be the turning point of this match