Previous topic - Next topic

macker15

Quote from: greatpoint on May 16, 2021, 02:59:26 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on May 16, 2021, 02:49:41 PM
Quote from: Hound on May 16, 2021, 02:36:15 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on May 16, 2021, 02:33:38 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on May 16, 2021, 02:32:20 PM
Quote from: Hound on May 16, 2021, 02:17:56 PM
Is there not a new rule in that a black card offence + stopping a goalscoring chance = penalty ?

I assumed that's why the pen was given

Cynical foul inside the the 21 is now a penalty and a black card. The fact the foul was outside the penalty area was irrelevant.

It wasn't a cynical foul though. If that's classified as one then there'll be 10 black cards awarded a game.
Not cynical? Really?. There was no attempt to play the ball. A definite deliberate foul.

Why didn't Fenton get a black card just then for the foul in the middle of the park? There was no attempt to play the ball.

Again, Con O'Callaghan just dragged down a Roscommon player. No attempt to play the ball and no black card.

A player grabbing near hand and opposing falling/diving to ground doesn't warrant a black card however it I'd grey area that could be looked at.

macker15

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 16, 2021, 03:03:24 PM
Is there not a new rule in that a black card offence + stopping a goalscoring chance = penalty ?

Cynical foul inside the the 21 is now a penalty and a black card. The fact the foul was outside the penalty area was irrelevant.

It wasn't a cynical foul though. If that's classified as one then there'll be 10 black cards awarded a game.
Not cynical? Really?. There was no attempt to play the ball. A definite deliberate foul.

Why didn't Fenton get a black card just then for the foul in the middle of the park? There was no attempt to play the ball.
Different rules for Dublin

🤣🤣🤣

greatpoint

Quote from: macker15 on May 16, 2021, 03:07:13 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on May 16, 2021, 02:59:26 PM

Again, Con O'Callaghan just dragged down a Roscommon player. No attempt to play the ball and no black card.

A player grabbing near hand and opposing falling/diving to ground doesn't warrant a black card however it I'd grey area that could be looked at.

I agree. I think awarding a black card for any foul where there was no attempt to play the ball would result in chaos.

Nanderson

It has to be a black card foul so only a body check or drag down/deliberate trip would result in an automatic penalty

manfromdelmonte

How was that a foot block? He was at least a metre away from the ball being kicked
It was in no way dangerous

dublin7

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 16, 2021, 03:25:09 PM
How was that a foot block? He was at least a metre away from the ball being kicked
That's hilarious 😂 He dived feet first right in front of him. If you putting together a demonstration video of what a foot block is you could use this as an example

macker15

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 16, 2021, 03:25:09 PM

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Rudi

Fair play to Costello, did the decent thing

galwayman

It doesn't matter if there's an attempt to play the ball or not.
There is a list of offences in the rule book that merit a black card. No matter how cynical a foul is - if it isn't on that list it isn't a black card

greatpoint

Quote from: galwayman on May 16, 2021, 03:40:46 PM

It doesn't matter if there's an attempt to play the ball or not.
There is a list of offences in the rule book that merit a black card. No matter how cynical a foul is - if it isn't on that list it isn't a black card

I think you need to go back and read the posts you're replying to.

Schkite

I'm not well up on the new rules so maybe I'm missing some new interpretation - but one of the most obvious looking black cards wasn't given at the end of the Monaghan/Armagh first half, when a Monaghan forward was pulled back from being straight through on goal after a poor kickout. I've no idea how the officials arrive at some of these decisions.

straightred

Quote from: Schkite on May 16, 2021, 03:44:58 PM
I'm not well up on the new rules so maybe I'm missing some new interpretation - but one of the most obvious looking black cards wasn't given at the end of the Monaghan/Armagh first half, when a Monaghan forward was pulled back from being straight through on goal after a poor kickout. I've no idea how the officials arrive at some of these decisions.

Bizarre decision. Thought it was also might have been a penalty as well but im not sure. You won't see a clearer black all year though

Rossfan

We weren't disgraced but the inevitable result whenever the MONSTER meets a little rural County.
1st penalty was probably correct
2nd Never.  . How is a forward facing the endline a goal scoring opportunity.
3rd No way either, Niall D was a metre away from the kicker.
We still have no defence or midfield and take an age to get the ball to the Shooters.
I suppose now that game is out of the way we can start engaging with the mini League.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Schkite

Good game of football in this second half between Monaghan and Armagh, trading score for score. 1-11 a piece after 52 minutes

Highlight of the second half imo was a lovely free right on the sideline around the 21 by Aaron Mulligan

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on May 16, 2021, 03:56:08 PM
We weren't disgraced but the inevitable result whenever the MONSTER meets a little rural County.
1st penalty was probably correct
2nd Never.  . How is a forward facing the endline a goal scoring opportunity.
3rd No way either, Niall D was a metre away from the kicker.
We still have no defence or midfield and take an age to get the ball to the Shooters.
I suppose now that game is out of the way we can start engaging with the mini League.
None of them should have been penalties. A prime example of a poor ref left more confused by the new rules.

1-11 of Dublins scores came from placed balls, Roscommon have a lot of work to do on their tackling. CiarĂ¡n Murtagh, Donie Smith looked lively.