Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 07:23:11 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on June 17, 2021, 06:50:35 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on June 17, 2021, 05:23:16 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 03:24:12 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 17, 2021, 02:43:30 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 12:08:22 PM
Quote from: general_lee on June 17, 2021, 10:46:15 AM
Don't see the big deal with the Brits stepping in. It highlights further proof if needed how unworkable Stormont is. Ghandi could be in government with the DUP and it would be no different. The reality is, a party of reactionary fanatics are incapable of governing this dysfunctional little entity. Who'd have thunk it. Hilarious the obsessed stoops on here are raging. ILA is and always was an afterthought for your party - something you were more than willing to compromise on.

Im no stoop anyhow but I can tell you this as someone who has immersed himself in the language that SF have no interest in the language except as a means to whip others politically, and for your knowledge SDLP have always been broadly on the same line as SF on te language-they have better speakers of it anyhow lol

So all the Sinn Fein people I see on TV who have learned Irish (and all the hours that went with it) just did it for a bit of spite? Jaysus thats great to know, I better go and vote for some backward right wing anti abortion religious fundamentalist gobshite instead

Give us a few examples there of fluent speakers in SF- aim for 20, big party after all

Akin to arguing SF had no place campaigning for equal marriage as not enough of their members are gay.

Nail. On. The. Head.

Ridiculous take from Fear. Are you Jim Allister in disguise?

You don't choose to be gay

You do choose not to learn your native tongue

The irony of you béarlóirí not able to respond in Irish. Embarrassing. Live it . Do it . Don't spin it
That's a shocking attitude from you there lad in fairness, and I'm someone who have my kids at an Irish school, and Im also trying to immerse myself in the language as best I can. All I can say is I'm glad I didn't come across anyone with that attitude, I know it's a fear for some. You are responding in English having a pop at boys not being able to respond to you in Irish??? All in some way to shoe horn a dig at the shinners in??It's absolutely pathetic.

tiempo

general_lee

Fear is probably one of those Gaeilge snobs who ridicules people who aren't fluent or mispronounce.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: HiMucker on June 17, 2021, 10:05:57 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 07:23:11 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on June 17, 2021, 06:50:35 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on June 17, 2021, 05:23:16 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 03:24:12 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 17, 2021, 02:43:30 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 12:08:22 PM
Quote from: general_lee on June 17, 2021, 10:46:15 AM
Don't see the big deal with the Brits stepping in. It highlights further proof if needed how unworkable Stormont is. Ghandi could be in government with the DUP and it would be no different. The reality is, a party of reactionary fanatics are incapable of governing this dysfunctional little entity. Who'd have thunk it. Hilarious the obsessed stoops on here are raging. ILA is and always was an afterthought for your party - something you were more than willing to compromise on.

Im no stoop anyhow but I can tell you this as someone who has immersed himself in the language that SF have no interest in the language except as a means to whip others politically, and for your knowledge SDLP have always been broadly on the same line as SF on te language-they have better speakers of it anyhow lol

So all the Sinn Fein people I see on TV who have learned Irish (and all the hours that went with it) just did it for a bit of spite? Jaysus thats great to know, I better go and vote for some backward right wing anti abortion religious fundamentalist gobshite instead

Give us a few examples there of fluent speakers in SF- aim for 20, big party after all

Akin to arguing SF had no place campaigning for equal marriage as not enough of their members are gay.

Nail. On. The. Head.

Ridiculous take from Fear. Are you Jim Allister in disguise?

You don't choose to be gay

You do choose not to learn your native tongue

The irony of you béarlóirí not able to respond in Irish. Embarrassing. Live it . Do it . Don't spin it
That's a shocking attitude from you there lad in fairness, and I'm someone who have my kids at an Irish school, and Im also trying to immerse myself in the language as best I can. All I can say is I'm glad I didn't come across anyone with that attitude, I know it's a fear for some. You are responding in English having a pop at boys not being able to respond to you in Irish??? All in some way to shoe horn a dig at the shinners in??It's absolutely pathetic.

Fair play to you. You don't fall into the category.
Gone ask your local Shinner there in Ballyarnett what she has done for bunscoil Cholmcille if you see her. Still no canteen , what is it since 1983

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: general_lee on June 17, 2021, 10:14:26 PM
Fear is probably one of those Gaeilge snobs who ridicules people who aren't fluent or mispronounce.

No I'm a dying breed. Someone who had zero Irish, learnt it, speak it, send all my wains to IME. Stood in the pishing rain and snow in the 80s collecting for the language when nobody have 2 shites bar a few concerned parents and academics. SF were nowhere to be seen them bar ridiculing prionais o Mianáin and trying to wreck all around them .

HiMucker

Tell me this, why are all the wanes being asked by their teachers to wear red in to school tomorrow to support the ILA, if such meaningless thing? Is that some sort of SF plot? Obviously means alot to some people heavily involved in the language.

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 10:23:44 PM

No I'm a dying breed. Someone who had zero Irish, learnt it, speak it, send all my wains to IME. Stood in the pishing rain and snow in the 80s collecting for the language when nobody have 2 shites bar a few concerned parents and academics. SF were nowhere to be seen them bar ridiculing prionais o Mianáin and trying to wreck all around them .

Yet when they bring about something monumental now you shout them down. It's you that is letting your bitterness rule over logic.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: HiMucker on June 17, 2021, 10:26:18 PM
Tell me this, why are all the wanes being asked by their teachers to wear red in to school tomorrow to support the ILA, if such meaningless thing? Is that some sort of SF plot? Obviously means alot to some people heavily involved in the language.

I never said it was meaningless, relatively toothless.
Anyhow wains need to wear 2 red jumpers each as they are all  freezing in fecking huts 40 years on. That's my point.

HiMucker

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 10:34:32 PM

Anyhow wains need to wear 2 red jumpers each as they are all  freezing in fecking huts 40 years on. That's my point.
I don't believe it's relatively toothless. Surely it would make availing of funding for renovation of said huts and canteen a lot easier? No?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

For those that don't know we have an IME school in the heart of Shantallow , second oldest in North 1983 .

They have no canteen ,just huts , no permanent classrooms, no play hall. SF are a big reason for this.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: HiMucker on June 17, 2021, 10:41:48 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 10:34:32 PM

I don't believe it's relatively toothless. Surely it would make availing of funding for renovation of said huts and canteen a lot easier? No?

I don't think it has any connection to capital building or infrastructure

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 10:43:43 PM
For those that don't know we have an IME school in the heart of Shantallow , second oldest in North 1983 .

They have no canteen ,just huts , no permanent classrooms, no play hall. SF are a big reason for this.

You've had SDLP MPs for how many years? If your tea got cold you'd blame SF you absolute bore.

I wish you could see the absolute bitterness, silliness and sheer snobbery emanating from your posts in the last day. When a succession of people are trying to all tell you the same thing about your mentality....well... they can't all be wrong.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on June 18, 2021, 03:56:30 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 10:43:43 PM

You've had SDLP MPs for how many years? If your tea got cold you'd blame SF you absolute bore.

I wish you could see the absolute bitterness, silliness and sheer snobbery emanating from your posts in the last day. When a succession of people are trying to all tell you the same thing about your mentality....well... they can't all be wrong.

It has nothing to do with MPs.

sF decided to split away from the first school to form another because they couldn't get full control of the first , then unbelievably approved a third when everyone knew it wasn't sustainable. We now have the very sad situation where the numbers in the 3 combined are no bigger than when we had 1 and because each don't meet the numbers threshold they can't get major capital. I know this case inside out . . Sinn fein caused this by 2, blunders,they approved the third school to spite the dup who had previously not approved it on black and White Sustainability data. Political fundamentalism caused the first split. They wanted a school where they controlled board and political ethos - they wanted mini Shinners indoctrinated via school.

Armagh18

Did Gerry Adams shag your wife/ma? Obsessed.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 18, 2021, 07:41:40 AM

Did Gerry Adams shag your wife/ma? Obsessed.

Disgusting. But what do you expect.