Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 01:23:22 PM
Quote from: Pub Bore on June 17, 2021, 12:57:08 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on June 17, 2021, 12:35:30 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 17, 2021, 10:52:50 AM
Quote from: Itchy on June 17, 2021, 09:27:10 AM
Quote from: trailer on June 17, 2021, 08:34:34 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on June 17, 2021, 08:22:01 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on June 17, 2021, 07:42:56 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on June 17, 2021, 06:33:22 AM
Sinn Fein will get shafted by the Tories on this ...can't believe they are going to trust them on it and nominate a DFM
Will they? I'd say it'll be similar to the abortion and gay marriage issue in that the Brits stepping in allows both sides to save face.

Do you trust the Tories to keep their word?

SF looking to the UK parliament, a parliament that they don't take their seats in and that they don't recognise its authority to pass Irish Language act is next level hypocrisy.

Anyway I am glad that Stormont hasn't fallen and everyone can get on with the important work of governing this place.

It might be Ironic but I dont see how it is hypocrisy unless you think the idea of them even being in stormont is hypocrisy.

SF constantly tell us that WM doesn't matter. It's irrelevant. That other Nationalists are seeming less Irish for taking their seats. And now all of a sudden they are happy for a Parliament that they don't recognise or take their seats in to make laws for the North. That is pure hypocrisy.

The SDLP are constantly telling us that you need to take your seats in Westminster to have any influence. Yet SF have done "from the sidelines" what the SDLP have not been able to do form the green benches.

So:
Language Act deal achieved
DUP weakened
Abstentionist policy vindicated (again)
SDLP widely exposed as cynical opportunists

Not a bad few days work from those big bad shinners.

Apart from attempting to facilitate DUP intransigence on the Irish language, what else have the SDLP been doing these last few days?

Colm's still working on stopping Brexit, I think.

Apparently him and Martina Anderson. Shes bringing the bin lids
Who? The Aontu crowd? ;D

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: HiMucker on June 17, 2021, 03:43:49 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 01:23:22 PM
Quote from: Pub Bore on June 17, 2021, 12:57:08 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on June 17, 2021, 12:35:30 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 17, 2021, 10:52:50 AM
Quote from: Itchy on June 17, 2021, 09:27:10 AM
Quote from: trailer on June 17, 2021, 08:34:34 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on June 17, 2021, 08:22:01 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on June 17, 2021, 07:42:56 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on June 17, 2021, 06:33:22 AM
Sinn Fein will get shafted by the Tories on this ...can't believe they are going to trust them on it and nominate a DFM
Will they? I'd say it'll be similar to the abortion and gay marriage issue in that the Brits stepping in allows both sides to save face.

Do you trust the Tories to keep their word?

SF looking to the UK parliament, a parliament that they don't take their seats in and that they don't recognise its authority to pass Irish Language act is next level hypocrisy.

Anyway I am glad that Stormont hasn't fallen and everyone can get on with the important work of governing this place.

It might be Ironic but I dont see how it is hypocrisy unless you think the idea of them even being in stormont is hypocrisy.

SF constantly tell us that WM doesn't matter. It's irrelevant. That other Nationalists are seeming less Irish for taking their seats. And now all of a sudden they are happy for a Parliament that they don't recognise or take their seats in to make laws for the North. That is pure hypocrisy.

The SDLP are constantly telling us that you need to take your seats in Westminster to have any influence. Yet SF have done "from the sidelines" what the SDLP have not been able to do form the green benches.

So:
Language Act deal achieved
DUP weakened
Abstentionist policy vindicated (again)
SDLP widely exposed as cynical opportunists

Not a bad few days work from those big bad shinners.

Apart from attempting to facilitate DUP intransigence on the Irish language, what else have the SDLP been doing these last few days?

Colm's still working on stopping Brexit, I think.

Apparently him and Martina Anderson. Shes bringing the bin lids
Who? The Aontu crowd? ;D

Lol, fastest growing party in Ireland ill have you know  ;)

tiempo

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 03:38:01 PM
Quote from: tiempo on June 17, 2021, 03:34:33 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 03:24:12 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 17, 2021, 02:43:30 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 12:08:22 PM
Quote from: general_lee on June 17, 2021, 10:46:15 AM
Don't see the big deal with the Brits stepping in. It highlights further proof if needed how unworkable Stormont is. Ghandi could be in government with the DUP and it would be no different. The reality is, a party of reactionary fanatics are incapable of governing this dysfunctional little entity. Who'd have thunk it. Hilarious the obsessed stoops on here are raging. ILA is and always was an afterthought for your party - something you were more than willing to compromise on.

Im no stoop anyhow but I can tell you this as someone who has immersed himself in the language that SF have no interest in the language except as a means to whip others politically, and for your knowledge SDLP have always been broadly on the same line as SF on te language-they have better speakers of it anyhow lol

So all the Sinn Fein people I see on TV who have learned Irish (and all the hours that went with it) just did it for a bit of spite? Jaysus thats great to know, I better go and vote for some backward right wing anti abortion religious fundamentalist gobshite instead

Give us a few examples there of fluent speakers in SF- aim for 20, big party after all

Next level shit  ;D ;D

The burn at SF making further tangible progress for the rights of Irish speakers in Ireland

Last time i checked the act had nothing to do with your right to learn the language, we all have free access to that and have had since the 1950s. "oh i wish i could have learnt the language"

Bullshit you were too busy watching Man Utd

;D ;D ;D

Oh go on then... Uppa Red Devils and errrm the Ra too n Celtic n Gerry n Bucky n fegs n flegs.

Pure scunnered you are  :-[

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: tiempo on June 17, 2021, 04:14:06 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 03:38:01 PM
Quote from: tiempo on June 17, 2021, 03:34:33 PM
Don't see the big deal with the Brits stepping in. It highlights further proof if needed how unworkable Stormont is. Ghandi could be in government with the DUP and it would be no different. The reality is, a party of reactionary fanatics are incapable of governing this dysfunctional little entity. Who'd have thunk it. Hilarious the obsessed stoops on here are raging. ILA is and always was an afterthought for your party - something you were more than willing to compromise on.

Im no stoop anyhow but I can tell you this as someone who has immersed himself in the language that SF have no interest in the language except as a means to whip others politically, and for your knowledge SDLP have always been broadly on the same line as SF on te language-they have better speakers of it anyhow lol

So all the Sinn Fein people I see on TV who have learned Irish (and all the hours that went with it) just did it for a bit of spite? Jaysus thats great to know, I better go and vote for some backward right wing anti abortion religious fundamentalist gobshite instead

Give us a few examples there of fluent speakers in SF- aim for 20, big party after all

Next level shit  ;D ;D

The burn at SF making further tangible progress for the rights of Irish speakers in Ireland

Last time i checked the act had nothing to do with your right to learn the language, we all have free access to that and have had since the 1950s. "oh i wish i could have learnt the language"

Bullshit you were too busy watching Man Utd

;D ;D ;D

Oh go on then... Uppa Red Devils and errrm the Ra too n Celtic n Gerry n Bucky n fegs n flegs.

Pure scunnered you are  :-[

Not sure what you are saying but sounds good anyhow.

Snapchap

Akin to arguing SF had no place campaigning for equal marriage as not enough of their members are gay.

Itchy

Shall I add language snob to your list of horrible attributes? Pretty pathetic stuff even from you.

RedHand88

Quote from: Snapchap on June 17, 2021, 05:23:16 PM

Akin to arguing SF had no place campaigning for equal marriage as not enough of their members are gay.

Nail. On. The. Head.

Ridiculous take from Fear. Are you Jim Allister in disguise?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 17, 2021, 06:50:35 PM

Nail. On. The. Head.

You don't choose to be gay

You do choose not to learn your native tongue

The irony of you béarlóirí not able to respond in Irish. Embarrassing. Live it . Do it . Don't spin it

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on June 17, 2021, 06:00:54 PM

Shall I add language snob to your list of horrible attributes? Pretty pathetic stuff even from you.

What's a language snob. Are you saying I'm a snob for having the audacity to speak my native tongue
And what are these other horrible attributes you speak of. Usually you that fires the personal slurs .

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 07:26:15 PM

What's a language snob. Are you saying I'm a snob for having the audacity to speak my native tongue
And what are these other horrible attributes you speak of. Usually you that fires the personal slurs .

It's someone that looks down their nose at people who don't speak a language fluently. You asked for names of 20 fluent irish speakers in SF. Snob.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on June 17, 2021, 08:56:08 PM

It's someone that looks down their nose at people who don't speak a language fluently. You asked for names of 20 fluent irish speakers in SF. Snob.

And? PLease dont pretend that most shinners dont give 2 flying fecks about the language or else they would be fluent. PLease dont insult us all. Its a political football to most(not all) of them. A lot dont even send their wains to IME

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 07:23:11 PM

Nail. On. The. Head.

The irony of you béarlóirí not able to respond in Irish. Embarrassing. Live it . Do it . Don't spin it

Nothing to do with people not choosing to be gay. The basis of your argument is that SF shouldn't be trying to legislate for the Irish language because you don't believe enough of them speak Irish. The argument of a simpleton which is absolutely no different to saying "Sinn Féin don't care about equal marriage! Sure can anyone even name 20 of them that are gay?"

You are so utterly blinded by bitterness that you don't see how ridiculous you come across.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on June 17, 2021, 09:43:29 PM

Nail. On. The. Head.

Nothing to do with people not choosing to be gay. The basis of your argument is that SF shouldn't be trying to legislate for the Irish language because you don't believe enough of them speak Irish. The argument of a simpleton which is absolutely no different to saying "Sinn Féin don't care about equal marriage! Sure can anyone even name 20 of them that are gay?"

You are so utterly blinded by bitterness that you don't see how ridiculous you come across.

Simpleton. Im tired handing you your arse on a plate on here last couple of years. Whats that make you? if you care about the language ACT! Isnt that the moto?

The ONLY WAY AND I MEAN ONLY WAY to keep a language alive is by speaking it not pushing through pretty toothless laws that mean more to them in votes than anything else.

SF have spent years and I mean years wrecking the IME system here in Derry City

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 09:34:04 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 17, 2021, 08:56:08 PM

And? PLease dont pretend that most shinners dont give 2 flying fecks about the language or else they would be fluent. PLease dont insult us all. Its a political football to most(not all) of them. A lot dont even send their wains to IME

And what? You asked me what a language snob is and I told you. For a language snob you are pretty poor at comprehending language. You are probably in a bad mood since the northern party your beliefs have most in common with implode.

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 17, 2021, 09:49:13 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on June 17, 2021, 09:43:29 PM

Nail. On. The. Head.

Simpleton. Im tired handing you your arse on a plate on here last couple of years. Whats that make you? if you care about the language ACT! Isnt that the moto?

The ONLY WAY AND I MEAN ONLY WAY to keep a language alive is by speaking it not pushing through pretty toothless laws that mean more to them in votes than anything else.

SF have spent years and I mean years wrecking the IME system here in Derry City

You're tired handing me my ass on a plate? That coming from the fella who is just one day has claimed:

- That last nights announcement of a language act came about not because SF threatened to not nominate a Deputy First Minister and then asked Westminster to legislate for it, but actually happened because "all the parties put pressure on for it".

- That only a party with a minimum of 20 Irish speakers should be allowed to campaign for language legislation.

Away and grow up.