The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 08, 2023, 10:10:35 AMAnother quarter final loss incoming

You'd expect so. New Zealand is a proud Rugby nation. As a Rugby nation this is what they live and die for. Bar pockets of strongholds here or there, Rugby in this country is supported like Boxing in the Olympics.

Hopefully they do it. As a Mayo man, I understand the constant failure being thrown in their face.

seafoid

Ireland can slow the ABs down they can win. Ireland are more accurate.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

rodney trotter

That was some try from Japan against Argentina

bennydorano

That's a lovely looking alternate Argentina top

gallsman

Turning into a cracker here. Some glorious tries.

tonto1888

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 08, 2023, 11:06:39 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on October 08, 2023, 10:10:35 AMAnother quarter final loss incoming

You'd expect so. New Zealand is a proud Rugby nation. As a Rugby nation this is what they live and die for. Bar pockets of strongholds here or there, Rugby in this country is supported like Boxing in the Olympics.

Hopefully they do it. As a Mayo man, I understand the constant failure being thrown in their face.

I genuinely want them to win but we have been here before. I've built my hopes up before only to have them dashed.

Wildweasel74

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 08, 2023, 07:38:02 PMIreland by 10+

Agreed... Best team in the world, and will win this tournament

seafoid

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 08, 2023, 05:41:35 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 08, 2023, 11:06:39 AM

I genuinely want them to win but we have been here before. I've built my hopes up before only to have them dashed.
Watch a few episodes of the breakdown. It's very good NZ analysis. The ABs are not firing on all cylinders
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyiAu1hzifw
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rudi

Eddie Jones not gone just yet. Portugal playing some great stuff.

Rudi

Super win for Portugal,  winger 11 was outstanding. Much more to offer than Italy.

Square Ball

Enjoyable game that, will Jones be away in the morning and heading to Japan
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Rudi on October 08, 2023, 09:53:07 PMSuper win for Portugal,  winger 11 was outstanding. Much more to offer than Italy.
Italy should start worrying. Portugal have been playing a really nice brand of rugby and should have had 2 wins. Unfortunately no automatic qualification either.

burdizzo

Italy had a tougher group, I'd say. But still - yes, very demoralising for Italy.

Eire90

Portugal have played good this tournament never beat by more than 20 points and win and a draw against teams rated higher than them.