TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: lurganblue on February 16, 2024, 06:22:46 PMI had been disappointed in Masters of the Air. Certainly not on Band of Brothers or Pacific levels. The latest episode was really good though. Hopefully that trend continues

+1 very disappointed so far. Nothing will ever touch Band of Brothers for me. Greatest series of all.

JimStynes

Quote from: An Watcher on February 17, 2024, 08:03:33 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 17, 2024, 05:16:37 AMNot my usual type of show but One Day on Netflix is brilliant.

Lol, exactly the same JimStynes.  Almost felt embarrassed recommending it to anyone but it is excellent

Aul tear jerker too ffs

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on February 17, 2024, 09:38:07 AM
Quote from: An Watcher on February 17, 2024, 08:03:33 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 17, 2024, 05:16:37 AMNot my usual type of show but One Day on Netflix is brilliant.

Lol, exactly the same JimStynes.  Almost felt embarrassed recommending it to anyone but it is excellent

Aul tear jerker too ffs
Jesus lads check the oestrogen levels in your water supply.

Re. Masters I watched the 2nd episode about 3 weeks ago and haven't been back so that probably tells its own tale.

gallsman

Masters of the Air is outstanding and you're all dopes.

JimStynes

Quote from: gallsman on February 17, 2024, 11:50:48 AMMasters of the Air is outstanding and you're all dopes.

It's very good but suffers from always being compared to Band of Brothers. And as the lads have said, BOB is the greatest show ever made. One of the best things about BOB for me was the interviews with the real life characters at the start of each episode. 'Grandpa, were you a hero in the war.....' 😢😢

AustinPowers

Band of brothers , I thought was very overrated. First couple episodes very good , after that  it was  all a bit meh. Although war films aren't really my normal  viewing.

gallsman

Quote from: JimStynes on February 17, 2024, 01:12:41 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 17, 2024, 11:50:48 AMMasters of the Air is outstanding and you're all dopes.

It's very good but suffers from always being compared to Band of Brothers. And as the lads have said, BOB is the greatest show ever made. One of the best things about BOB for me was the interviews with the real life characters at the start of each episode. 'Grandpa, were you a hero in the war.....' 😢😢

It's really, really, really not.

JimStynes

Quote from: gallsman on February 17, 2024, 07:31:24 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 17, 2024, 01:12:41 PM

It's really, really, really not.

Should have said in my opinion. I'd near put Gomorrah next. Then the likes of The Wire and Sopranos up there too. With BOB I just think it has amazing battle scenes, the actors, the storylines and the fact that the actual men who fought are part of it. It's sheer brilliance.

nrico2006

Band of Brothers was good but definitely overrated. Masters of the Air has been very enjoyable so far.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Jeepers Creepers

The Sapranos. End of. Anyone who disagrees should be sin binned from Gaaboard for bad behaviour.

JimStynes

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on February 17, 2024, 09:59:09 PMThe Sapranos. End of. Anyone who disagrees should be sin binned from Gaaboard for bad behaviour.

If we are excluding BOB as it's a mini series then I have to say Gomorrah is my favourite!

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: JimStynes on February 17, 2024, 10:04:49 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on February 17, 2024, 09:59:09 PMThe Sapranos. End of. Anyone who disagrees should be sin binned from Gaaboard for bad behaviour.

If we are excluding BOB as it's a mini series then I have to say Gomorrah is my favourite!

Jim your out!

J70

Apple's new series The Dynasty on Brady, Belichek and the Patriots. Two episodes so far in the US, but looks really good.

Last Dance kind of thing.

bennydorano

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on February 20, 2024, 11:20:12 PMHow bad was True Detective.
Finished it last night and to be honest I gave up on it several episodes ago but the wife continued watching it.

What is good out there at the minute?