Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IolarCoisCuain

Cat, meet pigeons.

Syferus

You should get McStay.

Oh, wait.  8)

Farrandeelin

This is one story that will continue and continue and continue. I honestly thought the two boys had weathered the storm, but judging by that newspaper headline the storm is just beginning.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

That's that for them so.

Now for the next step.

A vote of no confidence in those that made that appointment in the first place. Alright Paddy is gone but the there was a conspiracy there and those around that can t be trusted. Clear the decks.

joemamas

Quote from: moysider on September 28, 2015, 11:34:24 PM
That's that for them so.

Now for the next step.

A vote of no confidence in those that made that appointment in the first place. Alright Paddy is gone but the there was a conspiracy there and those around that can t be trusted. Clear the decks.

Difficult to have sympathy for those who orchestrated the entire process this time last year. Utter stupidity at best, not very well thought out in the event of something remotely close to this happening.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on September 28, 2015, 11:29:49 PM
You should get McStay.

Oh, wait.  8)

Bad week for Mayo Executive, Pateen and Noel and McStay so.
Surprised by McStay not reading it better. The dogs on the street knew that the 2 lads were dead men walking.
McStay the big looser over the last 12 months through no fault of his own.

Nihilist

If it's true best thing current management can do is walk away straight away. Can't see the County board walking though. Way too much power, brass necks and politics there.

From the Bunker

Question has to be Who is out there to replace the boys?

McStay smart enough not to wait for this gig!

Poisoned Chalice!

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 28, 2015, 11:30:06 PM
This is one story that will continue and continue and continue. I honestly thought the two boys had weathered the storm, but judging by that newspaper headline the storm is just beginning.

No Farr. It's over. Just a mess now to clear up and puts us in a messy spotlight that was the making of outgoing and current chairman + a few confidants and 2 blokes that wanted a cut at glory but were out of their depth.

Like you I thought they would dig their heels in and it appeared they tried to do that but local media lads had the inside track and it was becoming clear that their position was untenable.

weareros

Quote from: moysider on September 28, 2015, 11:43:02 PM
You should get McStay.

Oh, wait.  8)

Surprised by McStay not reading it better. The dogs on the street knew that the 2 lads were dead men walking.

Thought Mayo players vetoed McHale and by association McStay.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on September 28, 2015, 11:49:57 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 28, 2015, 11:30:06 PM

No Farr. It's over. Just a mess now to clear up and puts us in a messy spotlight that was the making of outgoing and current chairman + a few confidants and 2 blokes that wanted a cut at glory but were out of their depth.

Like you I thought they would dig their heels in and it appeared they tried to do that but local media lads had the inside track and it was becoming clear that their position was untenable.

What I mean is, will the same rigmarole go on like last year's shenanigans of appointing the new managers? It's going to be the same few who are going to select the management team for next year, why should we expect anything different?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 28, 2015, 11:45:52 PM
Question has to be Who is out there to replace the boys?

McStay smart enough not to wait for this gig!

Poisoned Chalice!

Disagree. Get rid of the poison. I realise that in the national media that the players will be presented as the poison though.

sid waddell

James Horan returning is surely the only tenable outcome of this?

Barring McStay backing out of the Roscommon job at the last minute, there don't look to be any other realistic candidates?

Blowitupref

Quote from: weareros on September 28, 2015, 11:51:34 PM
You should get McStay.

Oh, wait.  8)

I believe so and McStay would not manage Mayo without McHale on his management team.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Crete Boom

Quote from: weareros on September 28, 2015, 11:51:34 PM
You should get McStay.

Oh, wait.  8)

I am pretty sure that was a broadside thrown out by our brilliant former chairman at his critics which was nevered backed up with any evidence. I did ask one of the panel last spring if that was true and he said as far as he knew it was bullshit.