Managers and hollow words

Started by samwin08, March 21, 2011, 11:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samwin08

Interesting to read the papers today and read the hollow words from so many managers who are on the way out. Guess who they are / answers here before 5 p.m.

CountyMan

Quote from: samwin08 on March 21, 2011, 11:30:10 AM
Interesting to read the papers today and read the hollow words from so many managers who are on the way out. Guess who they are / answers here before 5 p.m.

POR Armagh.

DuffleKing

What's the buckin headline to the back page of the irish news? 'armagh boss looks forward to the return of the clarkes' - every week its never about the game its always about the cross players or the injured players or clarke. Frequently says they'll much much better when they get their real team out. has he no concept of team or the squad morale?
feckin bluffer of the highest order.

samwin08

Yep and there several other managers speaking the same -

PAULD123

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 21, 2011, 11:45:17 AM

What's the buckin headline to the back page of the irish news? 'armagh boss looks forward to the return of the clarkes' - every week its never about the game its always about the cross players or the injured players or clarke. Frequently says they'll much much better when they get their real team out. has he no concept of team or the squad morale?
feckin bluffer of the highest order.

Despite my previous castigations of your opinions this time I agree with you 100%. The excuse is starting to get really tiresome now. There will always be an injured player, you can't always blame that. Each opposition team has injured players too. Monaghan had no Freeman, Down had no Ambrose (& others), Dublin were missing a load, Kerry were missing Quirke plus O'Sullivan, O'Mahoney and Galvin all started on the bench. Beside's exactly what would Ronan & Jamie Clarke have done to help defend against Donaghy & Gooch? POR is using a tired excuse and is a bluffer.

NP 76

Poor POR always putting his foot in it did he not say in the Mc Kenna cup how good of full back Toner was but when he was needed he wouldnt put him in . Also blew Grugan up to be the next Marty Clarke i know the lad is a good one but doesnt need the added pressure that POR put him under