McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

A snooze fest that McKenna cup final was. Will be a big shock if under Banty Monaghan avoid Division 1 relegation.

under the bar

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 18, 2020, 09:08:01 PM
A snooze fest that McKenna cup final was. Will be a big shock if under Banty Monaghan avoid Division 1 relegation.

Tyrone winning in Armagh's HQ will never be boring even tho' to Armagh people it's become as regular as the sun rising and setting!  ;D

screenexile

Quote from: under the bar on January 18, 2020, 10:42:32 PM

Tyrone winning in Armagh's HQ will never be boring even tho' to Armagh people it's become as regular as the sun rising and setting!  ;D

Yay Tyrone win their 427th McKenna cup!

BennyHarp

Quote from: screenexile on January 19, 2020, 12:00:17 AM
Quote from: under the bar on January 18, 2020, 10:42:32 PM

Yay Tyrone win their 427th McKenna cup!

Only a Derry person would scoff at another county for winning matches. A strange breed.
That was never a square ball!!

never kickt a ball

A decision taken at Central Council today has cleared the way for Ulster GAA to consider running the McKenna Cup competition in 2022. "It was agreed to allow Provincial pre-season competitions to proceed and recommence collective training on 8th December"

Captain Obvious

Quote from: never kickt a ball on November 20, 2021, 06:52:34 PM
A decision taken at Central Council today has cleared the way for Ulster GAA to consider running the McKenna Cup competition in 2022. "It was agreed to allow Provincial pre-season competitions to proceed and recommence collective training on 8th December"
Late December or early January start?

lurganblue

Armagh line-up for tonight v Cavan.

1. Hughes
2. Finn
3. McKay
4. Ciaran Mackin
5. Connaire Mackin
6. McCabe
7. J óg Burns
8. Sheridan
9. Grimley
10. Jemar
11. Nugent
12. Campbell
13. Grugan
14. Rian
15. Forker

The defence still fills ya with dread but then this comp is all about trying new things. lets see how it goes.

armaghniac

Is there any streaming for these games?
edit found it https://www.beosport.live/videos/ulster-gaa-mckenna-cup-cavan-v-armagh
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: armaghniac on January 06, 2022, 05:54:50 PM
edit found it https://www.beosport.live/videos/ulster-gaa-mckenna-cup-cavan-v-armagh

Bit difficult to justify a tenner for a first week in January McKenna Cup game.

Some consideration for circumstances wouldn't have gone amiss either. The middle of the biggest covid wave, the freezing weather, the travelling time from Armagh to Cavan for a game that won't be over til after 9pm on a Thursday evening.

Would've done a fiver, but I'll be making do with Northern Sound at that price.

*Cavan 2pt to no score up after 11 minutes in what sounds like a predictable shite January evening offering.

*Armagh 0-6 Cavan 0-3 H/T

*Armagh 1-12 Cavan 0-11 F/T
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Captain Obvious

Armagh 1-12 Cavan 0-11 it finished. Dirty diesel blown out before a very challenging division one campaign.

David McKeown

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on January 06, 2022, 07:57:50 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 06, 2022, 05:54:50 PM

Bit difficult to justify a tenner for a first week in January McKenna Cup game.

Some consideration for circumstances wouldn't have gone amiss either. The middle of the biggest covid wave, the freezing weather, the travelling time from Armagh to Cavan for a game that won't be over til after 9pm on a Thursday evening.

Would've done a fiver, but I'll be making do with Northern Sound at that price.

*Cavan 2pt to no score up after 11 minutes in what sounds like a predictable shite January evening offering.

*Armagh 0-6 Cavan 0-3 H/T

*Armagh 1-12 Cavan 0-11 F/T

Agreed but then again I remember fighting with the Ulster Council years about not offering student rates to matches involving university teams ( I was working for the students Union at the time). So I'm not really surprised.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Wildweasel74

Do tickets need to be bought online?

omagh_gael

I was able to watch it for free through the ulster gaa twitter link. The twitter browser didn't ask for payment just loaded the link directly. Cavan missed some serious goal chances, great soccer pass by O'Neill to release McQuillan for the goal with last kick of game.

Wildweasel74

I meant paying to actually attend the game, do tickets need bought in advance?

Itchy

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 06, 2022, 11:35:12 PM
I was able to watch it for free through the ulster gaa twitter link. The twitter browser didn't ask for payment just loaded the link directly. Cavan missed some serious goal chances, great soccer pass by O'Neill to release McQuillan for the goal with last kick of game.

Cavan should have won that game by 4/5 points such were the chances they missed. That doesn't augur well for Armagh who came out with quite a strong lineup. For Cavan we are still struggling to unearth new players.