McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: corn02 on January 01, 2007, 11:54:56 PM
I could be wrong Pint but I believe Lavery is on the senior panel?
He's not named in programme for ulster final anyway.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Doire abú

Michael McIver is Derry by the way. 

parttimeexile

Has anyone got a list of all the squads for the teams in the Mc Kenna cup or have they not been named?

parttimeexile

D.Carlin(Killyclogher), C Colhoun(Pomeroy),C Donnelly(Clonoe),Niall Gormley(Trillick),D Harte(E Ciaran),K Hughes(Donaghmore),K Hughes(Killeeshil) P Marlow(Eskra),R Mellon(Moy)M Murphy(Galbally)O Mulligan(Cookstown)A Mc Carron(Fintona)C Mc Carron(Omagh)D Mc Caul (Donaghmore)P Mc Connell (Newtownstewart),C Mc Crory (Galbally)D Mc Dermott(E Ciaran)S Cavanagh(Moy)B Boggs (Owen Roes)M Mc Gee (Loughmacrory)C Mc Ginley(E Ciaran)E Mc Ginley(E Ciaran)T Mc Guigan (Ardboe)P McGurk(Cookstown)R Mc Menamin (Dromore)S Oneill (Clann na Gael) M Penrose (Aghyaran)P Quinn (E Ciaran)P Rouse (Brackaville)D Treanor(Dungannon)

ONeill

Plenty of opportunities handed out to novices. Looking forward to seeing how Marlow has progressed as a senior.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Over the Bar

I thought Mickey might have run the ruler over a couple of the Fianna lads.  Ah well, with such a plethora of talent ye can't squeeze everybody in!

Tyrrone - McKenna Cupsters

loughshore lad

Anyone know if the C McCarron from Omagh is a defender or a forward? There was a full back and corner forward for omagh who were both very impressive for omagh against us last season and I think it is one of them just not sure what one. Also thought the young Dromore full back (quite sure he is McCarron as well) would have got a run. Glad to see Tommy get another run out thought he got harshly enough done by last year after the McKenna cup. Dont think any of the fianna players are at that standard at the moment.

bennydorano

See he's called up some Uni lads, what's he playing at?  Granted Tyrone are his first priority, but why invite the Uni's into the competition and then handicap already inferior teams?

Mid Mon

Two of Sunday's McKenna Cup matches which were due to take place at Lisnaskea and Newcastle have been switched to alternative venues.

Fermanagh's opener against Monaghan will now take place at Irvinestown, still with a 2pm throw-in. Down's first match of the season against Antrim has also been moved from Newcastle to Downpatrick, and will also throw-in at 2pm.

parttimeexile

As far as I know Cathal Mc Carron from Dromore is a full back and Cathal Mc Carron from Omagh is a forward.

overdabar

TG4 have confirmed that the station will broadcast matches live from next month's Gaelic Life sponsored Dr. McKenna Cup competition in Ulster. The Irish language station will broadcast 5 live games beginning on Sunday 7 January with the clash of Derry and Cavan from Celtic Park in Derry. This will be the first time ever that the Gaelic Life Dr. McKenna Cup will be broadcast live on national television. This news also means that GAA followers all over the country will have access to live matches on TG4 every Sunday >from the beginning of January until early May with live coverage from the Dr. McKenna Cup, Allianz Football League, Allianz Hurling League, AIB All-Ireland Club Championships, Sigerson Cup, Fitzgibbon Cup, Cadburys Under-21 Football Championship, Suzuki National Ladies Football Leagues, Hogan Cup and Croke Cup.

Announcing the Dr. McKenna Cup coverage, TG4 Sports Editor, Rónán Ó Coisdealbha, said that the station was delighted to be developing its partnership with the Ulster Council and the competition sponsor to give this year's Gaelic Life Dr. McKenna Cup a new television profile. TG4 is very proud of its special place in the hearts of GAA followers,  he said "and we are very excited that we will be showing games in the month of January for the first time ever".

Gaelic Life Dr. McKenna Cup - Live on TG4

Sunday 7 January
1:45pm   Coverage starts on 'GAA BEO' with build-up and analysis
2:00pm   Derry v Cavan live from Celtic Park, Derry

Sunday 14 January
2:00pm   Tyrone v Derry live from Healy Park, Omagh

Sunday 21 January
2:00pm   Donegal v Down live from Páirc Mhic Cumhaill, Ballybofey

Sunday 28 January
2:00pm   Semi-final live - match to be confirmed

Saturday 17 February
Gaelic Life Dr. McKenna Cup Final - Live           (Time to be confirmed)

DuperDee

The McCarron from Omagh is a forward. Wee bit surprised that McCarron from Dromore did not make this panel. Maybe he is part of some of the college teams. I see Aidan McCarron is back in the McKenna Cup panel. I thought he did well last year and then was not kept for the League panel. I heard that a big of bad blood developed between him and Harte over his dropping but then he was recalled for the McKenna Cup Final. After that he went to NY and was man of the match in their game against Roscommon in the championship. It will be interesting to see if he makes it this year. We could have done with him last with so few forwards in the panel.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: loughshore lad on January 03, 2007, 10:54:04 AM
Anyone know if the C McCarron from Omagh is a defender or a forward? There was a full back and corner forward for omagh who were both very impressive for omagh against us last season and I think it is one of them just not sure what one. Also thought the young Dromore full back (quite sure he is McCarron as well) would have got a run. Glad to see Tommy get another run out thought he got harshly enough done by last year after the McKenna cup. Dont think any of the fianna players are at that standard at the moment.

Cathal McCarron is a forward from Omagh. I think he was top scorer in the Championship two years ago and won the Teamtalk young achiever award in the same year. He was also part of the Tyrone AI Minor winners a few years ago and last year and was in the U21 squad. I remember him scoring a good goal for Tyrone Minors at Clones a few years ago.

never kickt a ball

Queens University Belfast Squad:

F Murphy, H Gallagher, D McCartan, R Dillon, J O'Kane, G O'Kane, J Loughrey, C Vernon, P Courtney, G Donaghy, A Carr, K McGourty, E McCartan, K Niblock, M O'Rourke, D Callery, M Ward, C O'Reilly, J Gallagher, C Kielt, M Rooney, D O'Neill, R McGurk, J Ireland, J McGovern, P Mageean, P Treanor, J Crozier, P McComiskey, C Tierney.

University of Ulster Jordanstown Squad:

E McNicholl, R Murray, J Conlan, F Moriarty, P Mooney, P Doherty, D Hughes, P Donnelly, J Bradley, P Cunningham, M Lynch, R Mulgrew, P Forker, M Herron, C Conlon, M McAllister, J Colgan, J Boyle, B Boggs, D McCaul, E McConville, S McAleer, K Dyas, B O' Brien, P Downey, D Lavery, C Farrell, R McRory, S O'Hagan.

St Mary's Squad:

M O'Kane, T Hackett, K McKernan, M McIver, S O'Neill, Joe McMahon, M Murray, Justin McMahon, J Lavery, J Kelly, B McGoldrick, L Meenan, C McGourty, R Keenan, J Brown, K O'Boyle, N McVeigh, R Hamill, G O'Neill, C Clifford, J McCormack, B Byrne, J Ball, M Digney, D Coulter, P Keenen, N McNicholl, R Dolan, J Cunningham

Tyrone Squad

D.Carlin(Killyclogher), C Colhoun(Pomeroy),C Donnelly(Clonoe),Niall Gormley(Trillick),D Harte(E Ciaran),K Hughes(Donaghmore),K Hughes(Killeeshil) P Marlow(Eskra),R Mellon(Moy)M Murphy(Galbally)O Mulligan(Cookstown)A Mc Carron(Fintona)C Mc Carron(Omagh)D Mc Caul (Donaghmore)P Mc Connell (Newtownstewart),C Mc Crory (Galbally)D Mc Dermott(E Ciaran)S Cavanagh(Moy)B Boggs (Owen Roes)M Mc Gee (Loughmacrory)C Mc Ginley(E Ciaran)E Mc Ginley(E Ciaran)T Mc Guigan (Ardboe)P McGurk(Cookstown)R Mc Menamin (Dromore)S Oneill (Clann na Gael) M Penrose (Aghyaran)P Quinn (E Ciaran)P Rouse (Brackaville)D Treanor(Dungannon)

Antrim provisional panel
A Gallagher, A McClean, C Lynch, C Close, C Brady, C McGoldrick, D Gault, D Martin, E O'Neill, G Galway, G Bell, H McKay, J Quinn, J Finucane, K Martin, K Franklin, L Higgins, M McClenaghan, M McCann, M Magill, M Rea, N Ward, O McAteer, P Logan, P Close, S McGreevy, S McVeigh, T McCann, T Close, T Scullion.

ARMAGH Squad

Ciaran McKinney (Pearse Og), Alan Hearty (Crossmaglen), B Donaghy (Clonmore), JP Donnelly (Harps), Paul Duffy (Pearse Og), Stephan Forker (Maghery), Philip Loughran (Cladaí), Tony McClelland (Granemore), G McCreesh (?), P McCreesh (?), Stephen McDonnell (Killeavey), Kieran McGeeney (Na Fianna), Paul McGrane (Ballyhegan), Ciaran McKeever (St Patrick's), Paddy McKeever (Ballyhegan), Enda McNulty (Ballyboden), Malachy Mackin (St Patrick's), Ciaran Toner (Granemore), Martin O'Rourke (Dromintee), Gareth Swift (Harps), Peader Toal (Harps), Martin Ferris (Carrickcruppen), Neil McSherry (Whitecross), Kevin O'Rourke (St Michael's).

Norf Tyrone

Can't comprehend what Mickey is hoping to achieve by putting pressure onto youngsters, McCaul, Boggs and Colm Cavanagh. All 3 are in their uni squad, and now in their County panel, which gives them a difficult decision.
Mickey would be one of the biggest supporters of the competition but now could instigate something that could ultimately derail it!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/6227719.stm
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone