Tailteann Cup 2023 - Rules from GAA Master Fixtures List

Started by GAABoardMod5, March 29, 2023, 02:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanderson

Quote from: The PRO on July 15, 2023, 04:37:12 PM
That Down number 13 Brannigan is a quare bad footballer! :)
How did he finish the game?
Id say he'd have no bother roasting you though

befair

From the Bunker

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 15, 2023, 04:39:39 PM
List of Tailteann Cup Winners

2022 - Westmeath
2023 - Meath
2024 - East Meath/Louth ???

Louth will be in the Sam Maguire next year.

Derryman forever

Quote from: The PRO on July 15, 2023, 04:37:12 PM
That Down number 13 Brannigan is a quare bad footballer! :)
How did he finish the game?

You really think?
Anyone can have a bad day. I am quite sure he will recover and have much better days.

Hardy

grounded

Meath well deserved winners and in truth should have won by a whole lot more. From a Down perspective very very disappointing for us.
       Same old failings in midfield and being unable to compete at kickouts. Some poor decision making, some very loose passing and looked completely legless at the end.
        At the same time its only Lavery's first season in charge. I've seen enough this year to be very pleased with their progress given the level we were at. Onwards and upwards . An Dún abú!

seafoid

Both teams had a good Tailteann campaign. Some good players developed. The TC is a good reboot.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on July 15, 2023, 05:10:21 PM
Both teams had a good Tailteann campaign. Some good players developed. The TC is a good reboot.

The reality for both these counties - is that the Tailteann Cup was not what this competition was envisaged for?

I don't know how much was learned by both really?

thejuice

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 15, 2023, 04:43:31 PM
Quote from: thejuice on July 15, 2023, 04:39:29 PM
Much better second half and shooting improved massively. Jack Flynn was some man in the second half.

Is he Bernard's son?

No relation. Harnan and the McEntees are the only "legacy" players on the team really. Maybe there's others.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 15, 2023, 05:24:52 PM

The reality for both these counties - is that the Tailteann Cup was not what this competition was envisaged for?

Kept the squad together a bit longer and gave lads a chance to earn their place but the two Down games and Antrim were the only games that gave us a real challenge.

Division 2 and Leinster next year will be a different reality.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

seafoid

Quote from: thejuice on July 15, 2023, 05:41:57 PM

Winning trophies is very positive for teams
Kept the squad together a bit longer and gave lads a chance to earn their place but the two Down games and Antrim were the only games that gave us a real challenge.

Division 2 and Leinster next year will be a different reality.

Main Street

Quote from: befair on July 15, 2023, 04:45:57 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 15, 2023, 04:22:36 PM
The ref has made a plethora of  poor decisions.
Yeh, blame the ref.....
Is that your mantra?
The majority of his poor decisions favoured Down.
Meath well worth their victory on the day,    revenge for '91  -  served ice cold.

snoopdog

Meath were the better team regardless of the freak 1st half goal. They scored some fantastic points to in the 2nd half. Well deserved. What was very noticeable of the 4 teams on show today Down seriously need a lot of S&C.  Roll on Next season. Laverty is going in the right direction
l  Congrats to Meath and Colm ORourke hope they go on to challenge for Leinster. The Dubs aren't the force they were.  At various league final levels, ulster finals all Ireland final and today I count that today as the 10th Final in a row since 1994 that we have lost.

seafoid

Quote from: snoopdog on July 15, 2023, 08:45:32 PM
Meath were the better team regardless of the freak 1st half goal. They scored some fantastic points to in the 2nd half. Well deserved. What was very noticeable of the 4 teams on show today Down seriously need a lot of S&C.  Roll on Next season. Laverty is going in the right direction
l  Congrats to Meath and Colm ORourke hope they go on to challenge for Leinster. The Dubs aren't the force they were.  At various league final levels, ulster finals all Ireland final and today I count that today as the 10th Final in a row since 1994 that we have lost.
Down had a very steep fall but I wouldn't class today's loss with the others. This season was the start of the way back.

Cunny Funt

What was it envisaged for instead?  argument to be made that it should be left to Div 3 teams that don't get promoted and Div 4 teams only.