Donegal SFC-Kilcar appeal

Started by Truth hurts, August 18, 2021, 09:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

It was some kind of blood capsule or something. I think it was a bit more refined than red sauce but same principle lol.

Got in a lot of trouble for it too.

Salmon

Quote from: BennyCake on August 19, 2021, 10:03:01 AM
Who verifies that when a blood sub occurs, that the player coming off, actually is bleeding? Do the officials check this?

It could be open to abuse if it wasn't checked.

I'm surprised nobody has tried the sachet of tomato sauce yet.
I believe there is a provision for head injuries now too. I could be stating the obvious, not sure!

Milltown Row2

Common sense, for me a 'blood' sub can be a temporary assessment of whether that player can come back on, in a championship final you need a good fourth official who's recording the subs throughout the game.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LeoMc

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 19, 2021, 10:15:35 AM
It was some kind of blood capsule or something. I think it was a bit more refined than red sauce but same principle lol.

Did they not take it 1 a stage further and actually cut the player in the privacy of the changing room?

Cavan19

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 19, 2021, 11:06:43 AM
Common sense, for me a 'blood' sub can be a temporary assessment of whether that player can come back on, in a championship final you need a good fourth official who's recording the subs throughout the game.

AFAIK it is the total responsible of the teams to record substitutions.

tiempo

Quote from: LeoMc on August 20, 2021, 03:22:16 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 19, 2021, 10:15:35 AM

Did they not take it 1 a stage further and actually cut the player in the privacy of the changing room?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodgate

look up the pictures, like an episode of the rocky horror show

Helix.

Quote from: skeog on August 19, 2021, 10:06:27 AM
Did Leicester Tigers do something with red sauce?.

No it was Harlequins vs Leinster in Heineken cup

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cavan19 on August 20, 2021, 03:28:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 19, 2021, 11:06:43 AM

AFAIK it is the total responsible of the teams to record substitutions.

It is, but in the chaos of extra time, penalties and the emotion from the supporters these things get lost on the line, a good fourth official or club Sec  would be keeping count.

I try and note every sub coming on, and tally them at the start and finish. I'd done a game where at the end the slips were just washed away ink due to torrential rain, couldn't tell ya how many came on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Estimator

Donegal SFC: 2020 final to be replayed following successful Kilcar objection - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/58379370
Ulster League Champions 2009

BennyCake

Quote from: Estimator on August 29, 2021, 10:18:59 PM
Donegal SFC: 2020 final to be replayed following successful Kilcar objection - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/58379370

Rematch in Portlaoise?

StephenC

NC appeal succesful. The whole process with the Kilcar objection will need to start again. Sure we'll get it finished in 2023 ...

Hound

Quote from: StephenC on September 05, 2021, 09:42:49 AM
NC appeal succesful. The whole process with the Kilcar objection will need to start again. Sure we'll get it finished in 2023 ...
Seems exceedingly petty on the part of NC. They are not arguing about the rules they broke, just a paperwork issue that means Kilcar has to just go through the process again. I'd have thought NC would have been happy with the replay given the county board could easily have awarded the game to Kilcar