NFL Division 4 2021

Started by sligoman2, May 20, 2021, 09:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligoman2

I see a thread for the other 3 divisions so why not us?

I see Mickey Harte's Louth lost to Antrim and we play them in a big game this weekend in Belfast. Carlow with an easy win in the South Division.

Hoping for a win on Sunday.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

imtommygunn

We looked good in part against Louth but too many gaps in the middle of defense for the goals. If we can shore that up a bit we are in with a shout. Sligo tend to have the upper hand on us mind you but still hoping for a win.

sligoman2

Tough loss yesterday. We had Antrim on the ropes but seemed to lose it after the water break.  Still a good performance from a young team.  Well done to Antrim for the win with a last minute point feom the evergreen Paddy Cunningham.  On a side note the commentary from Niall Canning on Ocean fm was hilarious, he was fully engaged and nearly collapsed in the commentary box.  So it's so or die now v Louth.

twohands!!!

Small bit of a smash-and-grab in the Carlow Wexford game with Carlow kicking the winning point in the last few seconds after getting a late goal to get back into the game, after they looked out of it.[Were down to 13 for a bit late on due to black card]
Not a bad game of ball overall - decent entertainment value.
GAAGo is the business, although someone needs to tell the commentators that they are on television and not on radio so don't need to be constantly describing what is happening.

fearsiuil

Quote from: twohands!!! on May 29, 2021, 06:43:03 PM
Small bit of a smash-and-grab in the Carlow Wexford game with Carlow kicking the winning point in the last few seconds after getting a late goal to get back into the game, after they looked out of it.[Were down to 13 for a bit late on due to black card]
Not a bad game of ball overall - decent entertainment value.
GAAGo is the business, although someone needs to tell the commentators that they are on television and not on radio so don't need to be constantly describing what is happening.
Really enjoyed that second half, hard to bate an exciting finish like that, some monster scores.

Salmon

Why are there no Tourlestrane players on the Sligo (matchday anyway) panel?

Itchy

Awful collapse by sligo in 2nd half today, couldn't love with the tackling intensity and defensive set up on Louth in the 2nd half. You can definitely see Hartes stamp taking shape on Louth.

sligoman2

Very disappointing from Sligo. Conceded 3-18 and Louth had 12 wides...
Very poor second half from Sligo - congrats to Louth