NFL Division 3 2021

Started by Dreadnought, May 13, 2021, 08:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreadnought

So this kicks off on Saturday. How do we see this going? I think the geographical nature of the groups have left them very lopsided. I understand the reasons, but when you've a very strong North, and a weaker South then it looks a bit silly. Especially with inter county travel now allowed.

Anyway, I do expect Cavan and Derry, and Tipperary and maybe Offaly or potentially Limerick to come out top of each group, with Cavan and Tipperary to make promotion. They should both be too strong for this division.

Dreadnought

Think I'm right in saying if Tipperary make it through it will mean no final, as if a Munster team makes the final, it won't be played as it'll be a week before their championship starts. Both teams awarded the league win and are promoted.

Itchy

Quote from: Dreadnought on May 13, 2021, 08:50:21 AM
Think I'm right in saying if Tipperary make it through it will mean no final, as if a Munster team makes the final, it won't be played as it'll be a week before their championship starts. Both teams awarded the league win and are promoted.

Really, that is a  bit ridiculous. Given the small number of teams in Munster, surely this could have been avoided with a minimal amount of effort??

Dreadnought

Quote from: Itchy on May 13, 2021, 09:55:02 AM
Quote from: Dreadnought on May 13, 2021, 08:50:21 AM

Really, that is a  bit ridiculous. Given the small number of teams in Munster, surely this could have been avoided with a minimal amount of effort??

Yeah I hear you, but same last year sure. When tight on weeks which we clearly are, this is the easiest thing to cut. Promotion has already been confirmed for both teams which is the main thing. Championship is the be all, so I'd rather it starts than a league final which might not mean as much. Even though a trophy would be nice...

Anyway, I did get it wrong a bit. Tipperary are not out the next week so a Cavan Tipp final would go ahead. If Wicklow, Longford, Limerick and Offaly make the final then it won't happen. The link below has all the details.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/championship-fixtures-set-to-scupper-league-final-dates-40416887.html

Itchy

Poor 1st half. V harsh red for cavan and as usual we make the game tougher than it needs to be.

FermGael

Fantastic result for Limerick .

Fermanagh doing well first half from what is a very very inexperienced team.

Cavan red harsh was harsh enough but also very silly
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Captain Obvious

Bad day for the Munster and Ulster champions. Well done to Limerick and Fermanagh.

FermGael

That was some win .

Fair play to the Fermanagh lads.
Played some great football and Quigley was just sensational.
Great to have him back 

The referee was just brutal.
The black card was ridiculous

Throws the whole division wide open
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Westside

Good win from Fermanagh. Had their homework done, Gearoid given a huge amount of attention. Some of our debutants not up to the pace required. Must win now next weekend against Longford.

rodney trotter

Fair play to Fermanagh. Quigley was very good. If Tomas Corrigan was there also, it would be a good handful for any team.

Cavan with a lot of poor errors.

Itchy

Fermanagh fully deserved the win, really sloppy stuff from Cavan. I dint agree about young lads, for me few of older lads like faulkner and gunner were off the pace. Where did they find that eejit of a ref. Quigley got I'm guessing 4 points from balls brought forward, some about 20 meters. Cavan got 3 marks brought forward for I have no idea what. Mind boggling.

weareros

Very enjoyable second half. Fermanagh deserved the win.

greatpoint

Ulster champions flexing their muscles

Cavan19

Quote from: FermGael on May 15, 2021, 08:39:43 PM
That was some win .

Fair play to the Fermanagh lads.
Played some great football and Quigley was just sensational.
Great to have him back 

The referee was just brutal.
The black card was ridiculous

Throws the whole division wide open

Any idea what the black card was for?

rodney trotter

Tipperay beaten by Limerick which throws the other side open. Though Tipperay needed extra time last year against Limerick in Munster..

They are without a few from that Munster winning team, O Riordan obviously back to AFl. Liam Casey the midfielder not available. Philly Ryan ex Dublin player playing with Tipp this year.

Tipperay should beat Wicklow, but Offaly will give them a good game too,. No guarantee Tipperary will get to the Semis.