NFL Division 2 - 2021

Started by Farrandeelin, May 12, 2021, 08:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Mayowestros 1-5 to 0-5 at water break.
Morrissey and McStay hard to listen to....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macker15

Good game of football. Mayo the better conditioned team.  Down causing Mayo problems went run at them. Cillian O'Connor running the show at centre forward.

Angelo

O'Donoghue and Conroy look to have put a fair bit of bulk on since last year for Mayo.

I think Down have a lot of potential but seems to be missing a lot of players today, good few of the Kilcoo contingent not involved, no Harrison, O'Hare, O'Hagan etc.

Read that Shay Millar could be back now, think he is a very good player for them.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

macker15

Quote from: Rossfan on May 15, 2021, 02:23:45 PM
Mayowestros 1-5 to 0-5 at water break.
Morrissey and McStay hard to listen to....

It great to have balanced commentary.

Farrandeelin

Mayo 2-21 Down 1-11 full time. Mayo dominated the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Was listening to the radio so I can't comment as I normally do, but Tommy Conroy sounded very impressive. Probably motm going by what the two boys were saying. You can only beat what's in front of you, but it's good to get the win especially with the structure of the league this year.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macker15

Massive win for Mayo.  Seemed to resolved their scoring issues. No team D2 will be able to cope with their physicality . Need to tighten at back, getting away with a lot of cynical fouling and cuter than Down to win their frees.

Captain Obvious

Mayo determined to make sure Div 2 football is just one year. Down will probably do well to avoid relegation.

thejuice

It's 2021 and no one has invented a cover for a camera that keeps rain droplets off the lens!?

I'm getting soaked watching the Mayo Down game sat at home.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

SCFC

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 15, 2021, 03:43:39 PM
Tommy Conroy sounded very impressive. Probably motm going by what the two boys were saying.
He was excellent but how Down left their number 4 on him for so long is beyond me.

Captain Scarlet

That was a great win for Clare.
Kildare just needed any sort of win to be honest bit that was a good scalp.
It's still a mad year but the beauty of it means the counties all need to put the best foot forward earlier.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

thejuice

Good win, worked hard. Played most of the football. Westmeath playing with 14 in their own half thankfully failed. They have some decent forwards in Egan and Heslin but the way the team plays they deserve to win nothing.

Harnan, McGill, Menton did well. Young Costello was quiet enough apart from a great first half score. Went off early. Morris was kept quiet. Brian McMahon had a big impact off the bench.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

SouthDublinBro

Mayo fans ought to know their place and remain in this thread. There are too many of them commenting on events in the division one thread.

macker15

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on May 17, 2021, 05:53:53 PM
Mayo fans ought to know their place and remain in this thread. There are too many of them commenting on events in the division one thread.

They are entitled to their opinion.

imtommygunn

That left footed point from the sideline by the Clare guy was something else.