Armagh vs Laois

Started by smelmoth, February 02, 2016, 11:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smelmoth

A must win game for Armagh. Laois might feel the same. A stong likelihood of the build up being dominated by the a rehearing of the nonsense of the recent meetings between these sides.

Laois normally have a decent midfield. We had no midfield against Meath. A key battle that will have to be addressed by Armagh management. As will the kick out strategy.

A few too many Armagh forwards think that running around and being busy will be the winning of the game. Time for a few of them to step up and take hold of a game. Time for the management to wake up to the need to have scoring forwards close to goal and a strategy for getting the ball to them before they are bottled up. Some positive signs in the first half in Navan but quickly snuffed out.

illdecide

I actually would have hoped to have had Meath & Laois in our last two games so the Cross men would have been available and the injuries cleared up but didn't work out that way, Armagh simply have to win this game...a defeat and we'll be relegated, obviously Laois will be saying the same thing. I know we got one or two injuries last weekend so will we be weakened further? I doubt the lads that were unavailable last week will be available week as I'm sure 6 days will hardly do much fro their injuries.

So similar team to line out that played against Meath...Add 2-3 points extra points for being at home and a few extra for the weather and we should score 12-13 points...will that be enough to beat Laois?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tonto1888

Im home next weekend and will be at this game though I will be travelling more in hope than in expectation

T Fearon

Wouldn't put the housekeeping on an Armagh win.

Orior

Prediction:

Armagh 0-11 Laois 3-7
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

Prediction.

I don't care.

When's the hurling starting?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Armamike

Armagh have so many problem areas to sort out it's hard to know where to start.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Tony

After watching Laois Vs Galway live, I'd have to say Armagh are firm favourites.

The Boy Wonder

Was in O'Moore Park last Sunday and was sorely tempted to leave at half-time - Laois were poorer than I had ever seen in the first half. Improved in 2nd half but game was really over by then.

First choice midfield unavailable next Sat - O'Louglin injured and Quigley suspended. I dunno what Armagh are like this season but I reckon they are a good bet for 2 points on Sat. And we don't even have Billy Sheehan to wind the feckers up !

twohands!!!

From the posts on the two teams this sounds like this could be a vital game in terms of the relegation battle.

general_lee

I think Armagh can win. Laois took a fair oul trouncing but then again our lot failed to score in the second half. With Laois having a few key men out I'd be hopeful of Armagh being able to capitalise. It's a must win for both sides. Should be close. Is kevin Dyas any closer to full fitness?

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Captain Obvious

A relegation four pointer.

JP

Neither set of supporters will be going into this with any kind of confidence. The loser of this game is nailed down for relegation.

Unlaoised

Quote from: JP on February 04, 2016, 09:34:44 AM
Neither set of supporters will be going into this with any kind of confidence. The loser of this game is nailed down for relegation.

You would say that and Laois loosing their first two games last year to Westmeath and then Cavan at home pointed to them going down but they managed to get 2 wins and a draw from the "harder games on paper"and stayed up so nothing is clear cut...

I do agree tho the looser will be under serious pressure!
LAOIS ABÚ