League fixtures 2014...

Started by 30mog, August 22, 2013, 12:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 22, 2013, 10:09:17 PM
the loser counties as you call them play off for other titles that mean as much as McKenna cup.
They get promoted to a higher division if they're good enough.
What do you want ? A handicap system where teams go from +10 points to - 10 points??? ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Rossfan on August 22, 2013, 10:21:45 PM
the loser counties as you call them play off for other titles that mean as much as McKenna cup.
What do you want ? A handicap system where teams go from +10 points to - 10 points??? ::)

I want a league where the top four in division one and two play off in quarter finals. Promotion is enough for division three,four teams no need of league titles.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 23, 2013, 01:12:16 AM

I want a league where the top four in division one and two play off in quarter finals. Promotion is enough for division three,four teams no need of league titles.

Division 2 have no place in the league semi or final. They are division 2 and should know their place.

Get promoted or get off the stage.

Anything else is unfair on the top 8 counties.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 23, 2013, 01:14:05 AM

Division 2 have no place in the league semi or final. They are division 2 and should know their place.

By that logic we may as well do the same with the championship and let the top eight have their own competition. Westmeath,Derry part of the top eight?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 23, 2013, 01:17:25 AM

By that logic we may as well do the same with the championship and let the top eight have their own competition. Westmeath,Derry part of the top eight?

Rubbish, you earn a place in division 1 through hard graft and skill, you stay there the same way. It sickens my hole for lesser, moaning, whinging, no effort counties expecting redrawing the divisions or having a lazy A & B div 1  >:( letting the rabble in or allowing lower divisions to hop above division 1 counties into the league semi. It is disgusting. Work your way up the divisions.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Syferus

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 23, 2013, 01:35:36 AM

Rubbish, you earn a place in division 1 through hard graft and skill, you stay there the same way. It sickens my hole for lesser, moaning, whinging, no effort counties expecting redrawing the divisions or having a lazy A & B div 1  >:( letting the rabble in or allowing lower divisions to hop above division 1 counties into the league semi. It is disgusting. Work your way up the divisions.

Watching the Dublin B team play the Kerry Junior team every year is boring enough, MayoGod.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 23, 2013, 01:35:36 AM

You do know over the last number of decades league divisions have been redrawn numerous times? and if they were left the same who knows what teams would be in what division. The league means f**k all said one poster here well its time to make it mean something.

Croí na hÉireann

Hey!
  >:( Don't like your tone. Anyway, the league is our championship!
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Rossfan

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 23, 2013, 01:57:22 AM
You do know over the last number of decades league divisions have been redrawn numerous times? and if they were left the same who knows what teams would be in what division. The league means f**k all said one poster here well its time to make it mean something.
Only way to make the League "mean  something" is to tie it in with the Championship.
I can't see that happening any time soon.
Of course the League format has been redrawn over the years.
I'm sure I read somewhere that since 1929 when it started there have been over 40 different formats tried.
And it's still a pre season warmer upper. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on August 23, 2013, 01:12:14 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 23, 2013, 01:57:22 AM
Only way to make the League "mean  something" is to tie it in with the Championship.
I can't see that happening any time soon.
Of course the League format has been redrawn over the years.
I'm sure I read somewhere that since 1929 when it started there have been over 40 different formats tried.
And it's still a pre season warmer upper. ;)

That's the way forward ,link it to the championship.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .