Niall Flynn's "36 and Counting...Kerry's Football Story to 2009"

Started by Ball Hopper, November 22, 2009, 02:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyssam5

Quote from: Kerry Mike on December 13, 2009, 09:57:10 PM
I would recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in Kerry football, I was at the official launch last night and it was very well received. The book is excellent and should be a must for any GAA book collector within Kerry or in the rest of the country.

Is it not just lists of yearly stats? Could you actually even sit down and read it, or is it just a reference book?

Ball Hopper

Quote from: tyssam5 on December 17, 2009, 08:05:03 PM
Quote from: Kerry Mike on December 13, 2009, 09:57:10 PM
I would recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in Kerry football, I was at the official launch last night and it was very well received. The book is excellent and should be a must for any GAA book collector within Kerry or in the rest of the country.

Is it not just lists of yearly stats? Could you actually even sit down and read it, or is it just a reference book?

There is more than the yearly stats.  The analysis of Kerry's scoring could apply to any county, or club for that matter.  Score at least 15 points and you win something like 93% of the time.  Plus interesting look at goalscoring.  As well as Kerry's top 21 scorers, top appearances, top scorer based on average per game and much more.

There is also a little history for each year on a national level rather than a Kerry level.

It is the definitive authority on Kerry's championship football history and not something you would sit down and read from cover to cover.  Well, no normal person would anyway.

5 Sams

Had a glance through this book in the bookshop in Dingle the other day.....as someone else said earlier (Kerry Mike I think)...even if you have only the slightest interest in Kerry Football this is a must buy.....one tip....you can get it in paperback for just over 7 of the English pounds on Amazon ;) Looking forward to it arriving :)
The Aristocrat Years