Tiobraid Árainn v. Sligeach

Started by magpie seanie, January 29, 2007, 02:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

After last years debacle our lads will surely be up for it but this will be a difficult tie no doubts. Some of our returning players have performed with varying degrees of success in the FBD while some have not returned yet at all. My gut feeling is that we are ahead of where we were 12 months ago but what about Tipp? Home advantage will be a big help. Any sort of a win would be good. Anything less and we're staring at Division 4 in 2008 and all that entails.

youbetterbelieveit

I have them down for a win in my spreads with the bonus seanie, so i expect them to win well. i know tipp arent in the best form as of late.

SLIGONIAN

Very optimistic this year. Was at the galway and leitirm FBD games. Although patchy performances we showed how good we can be. Im heading to Dubs v Tyrone then to Ardfiannan day after. Heard the pitch isnt the greatest.

Could you explain to me why Ros Leitrim cavan and longford are playing in is it the manning cup or hasting , and will Sligo be playing pre march b4 the championship starts...?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Owenmoresider

Game's on anyway, if it was here I suspect it would have been differerent, fog fairly heavy along the Owenmore valley.

Latest - Sligo 0-4 Tipp 0-2.

Owenmoresider

Correction - Sligo 0-5 Tipp 0-2, 22 mins.

• Sligo 0-5 Tipp 0-3.
  • Harrison yellow card.
  • Breheny and Andrew Morrisey booked.
  • Browne lands a beauty, Sligo 0-5 Tipp 0-4, 27 mins.
  • Tipp level it, 0-5 each, 32 mins. Tipp tops at present.
  • Tipp lead 0-6 to 0-5, not looking great. Mangan riding us again maybe?
  • Breheny levels it again, 0-6 each, in injury time.

Owenmoresider

HALF TIME.........................

Tipperary 0-6 Sligo 0-6. Seems even enough.

Down the road in Cloone, Laythrum up 0-8 to 0-5 against the Biffos.

Owenmoresider

Mid-West is a saviour, Ocean too concerned with playing sh1te music to bother letting us know how the neighbours are going.

Back on again, McNamara missed a great opportunity for a goal. Allegedly.

• Breheny point, Sligo 0-7 Tipp 0-7. Tipp had pointed earlier.
  • Tipp back in front again, 0-8 to 0-7.
  • Sweet Jesus, Tipp goal makes it 1-8 to 0-7. Welcome to Division 4.
  • Breheny puts chance wide, only he and Davey have scored (0-5/0-2 respectably)
  • Kenneth Sweeney in for Tony Taylor.
  • Breheny again, 1-8 to 0-8.
  • Tipp reply, 1-9 to 0-8.
  • Davey free, 1-9 to 0-9, clock's ticking though.
  • Sweeney point, 1-9 to 0-10.

Owenmoresider

Davey point from play, Tipp 1-9 Sligo 0-11. Well back in it. Johnny Davey-Breheny-Sweeney FF line in operation now.

• Level now, 1-9 to 0-12, missed who got it.
  • Breheny gives the visitors the lead, 0-13 to 1-9. Maybe Div. 4 is avoidable.
  • Tipp level again 1-10 to 0-13.
  • Close-in free, Breheny points it, 0-14 to 1-10. 4 mins left.
  • Well-worked move ends with Sweeney hitting the post. Blow it up Aidan.
  • Davey puts us in the box seat. 0-15 to 1-10, 2 mins injury time to play.
  • Browne point, 0-15 to 1-11.
  • Mangan the **** plays four minutes, and Browne and Tipp level it. p***k.

Owenmoresider

FULL TIME..............

Draw, Tipperary 1-12 Sligo 0-15. Not what we needed, makes promotion a harder task now.

Owenmoresider

According to Tommy Clarke, neither side will be disappointed. Well if drawing with Tipp is 'good', then we seriously would have no ambition. Leitrim showed us up today in that regard.

Owenmoresider

To give an idea why we could have done with the win today, I see (according to Aertel, reliable?) that Waterford only went and beat Wexford 2-13 to 1-12. Wicklow beat Antrim well too.

Onlooker

Was at the game in Ardfinnan and I can assure the Sligo posters that they most certainly did not get any raw deal from the referee, as Sligo were given quite a few handy frees by a fussy referee.   Tipp looked like going on to win, when they scored a goal to go 4 points ahead, but Sligo had a good spell and helped by a few soft frees looked to be going to win.   Tipp did well to come back to score 2 points to level and a draw was a fair result to a good game for the first game in the National League.  This will be a competive League this year and both teams can still give promotion a rattle.   On a personal note this was my first time seeing Sligo playing "live", apart from many Televised games and I now have a "full hand", having seen all 32 counties in action over the years.

SLIGONIAN

Was at the game yesterday. I have to revaluate how good I thought we were. Because yesterday not many positives at all. Kenneth Sweeney got us the draw yesterday. He came on when we were 4pts down and ran at Tipp time after time. S davey got some great long range frees once again. J Martyn was very solid again. Mcnamara did well but went out of near the end. His goal chance well he created it brilliantly and  keeper made great save. Brehony and O hara did ok.

Right the negatives. Our defence fouled and fouled and fouled again and again all inside d brownes range. Stupid fouls. We made it so easy for them. T Taylor was absolutely pathetic. Didnt try didnt catch and didnt run. How he lasted as long as he did. T Brehony diisappointed me with his slowness to make change. J McPartland was terrible too. K Quinn was poor but at least tryed. P Gallagher is average. B Egan v poor game them the goal with a stupid pass. We actaully dominated the game for long spells but tipp were far direct and clinical. We seemed to headless chickens running the ball into corners.

The ref was terrible for both sides but worse for tipp. We were lucky to get the draw. Alot of mouthing by Sligo players too and getting booked for it. Our discipline is poor. Heard some players giving out to each other but should have a real look at themselves.

Anyway can someone please tell how T Taylor is on our panel never mind first 15???? Why do they keep picking him??? We start with 14 men every game he plays.. 
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"