Best Footballer in Ireland..

Started by 5 Sams, November 08, 2008, 02:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deaconblue

gooch, cavanagh or declan o sullivan are the  best, because of his extra skill is say its gooch at no 1, he is a wizard.

carribbear

Quote from: stevetharlear on December 16, 2008, 04:45:08 PM
Declan O Sullivan for me, as much as it pains to say it. Doesn't grab the headlines like some of the other Kerry forwards but one of the best footballers I've ever seen.

Honestly I've never really thought he was great. I prefer Galvin as a footballer (minus the headlines)

Tyrones own

I'd agree... O'Sullivan def is a very skillful lad, but the best in Ireland :-\
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

carribbear

Meant to say that Declan O'Sullivan IS talented but he never really seems to have grabbed games by the scruff of the neck and dragged Kerry along like Darragh O'Se or the Gooch has..he is a different sort of player to that..

Midman

On the year he's had Cavanagh is probably the best, Gooch i'd say is the most talented and I'd give an honourable mention to Ronan Clarke

AZOffaly

Quote from: carribbear on December 17, 2008, 04:19:22 AM
Meant to say that Declan O'Sullivan IS talented but he never really seems to have grabbed games by the scruff of the neck and dragged Kerry along like Darragh O'Se or the Gooch has..he is a different sort of player to that..

Are you serious? O'Sullivan has been instrumental in dragging Kerry through numerous times. Dublin (1-3), Monaghan, Cork etc etc. In fact Declan O'Sullivan does his best work when the likes of Gooch and Donaghy are getting it hard. He's a real ball winner, a ball carrier and a distributor, as well as being a good man for a goal, and accurate.

Declan's only drawback is that he is easy to frustrate and loses the rag with refs, which can sometimes throw him off his own game, but what he brings to Kerry is immense.

If I were picking 2 or 3 lads I could transfer into Offaly, he'd be one of the first names on the list, with perhaps Sean Cavanagh and Kieran Donaghy the others.

corcaioch

Dessie Dolan is probably the most natural footballer at the moment- Maurice Fitz and Declan Browne were last decade. Hopefully Dessie gets to display his talents on a bigger stage this year if Westmeath continue to improve. Darragh O' Se is the most effective player and Kerry will find it very hard to replace him when he retires. Similarly Brian Dooher with Tyrone.

the milkman

When Marty Clarke comes home and plays for his club, does this mean he can be counted too? because if so, then def. him

ONeill

We all seem to choose forwards or attacking midfielders.

That must mean if someone is handy at all, he'll be lumped into the forward line!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

No1

QuoteQuote from: 5 Sams on December 15, 2008, 01:31:36 AM
Dont know which thread to put this in but Sean Cavanagh was in our club tonight with the Cormac McAnallen cup at our underage presentation. Pure gent...stood for ages signing auotgraphs, standing for photos etc..I had a good yarn with him and had great crack with his da as well....our Chairman introduced him as Sean Cavanagh.."The best Footballer in Ireland"....I would tend to agree with that statement at the moment. Helluva Nice fella

Did he charge anything?

I think the figure mentioned by 5 Sams' clubmate in a different thread was 200 bills.

Benny Coulter is the best footballer in Ireland.  Well, him or Jackie Lynch.

INDIANA

most naturally gifted is gooch. most effective is cavanagh.