Switching electricity/energy providers

Started by AustinPowers, September 03, 2022, 12:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

Just caught up with the late late  show there , and the discussion on energy prices and all that

It's something I meant to look into before but  never got around to.

So, is it simple enough to switch electricity providers?  Seems daft to be paying more than I should be , especially at this moment in time..

Also, if I switch providers and get X discount for say 12 months, can I keep switching every 12 months  to keep getting the lower/discount rate?

armaghniac

Quote from: AustinPowers on September 03, 2022, 12:25:37 PM
Also, if I switch providers and get X discount for say 12 months, can I keep switching every 12 months  to keep getting the lower/discount rate?

It isn't hard, maybe you have to submit a meter reading. Yes, at the end of the period change or get your provider to match the best deal.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AustinPowers

Quote from: armaghniac on September 03, 2022, 12:51:33 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on September 03, 2022, 12:25:37 PM

It isn't hard, maybe you have to submit a meter reading. Yes, at the end of the period change or get your provider to match the best deal.

Thanks . Must get onto it

bennydorano

I've moved every year for as long as I can remember. If youre in NI get your meter number (MRPN) & a meter reading and get onto the powertoswitch website. They do everything for you, moved within 2 weeks. Best deals are for Direct Debit customers.

Aughafad

Lads i wouldn't jump the gun and switch right now, there is more price increases in the pipeline! even for those that have just announced one already. Give it until near the end of the month especially gas users as there is a few massive increases incoming

Square Ball

Can you not change every time there's a  price increase as the contract you have signed up to has been broken?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

general

im after paying £15 f-ing quid for a 20kg bag of coal - whats the world coming to

bennydorano

Quote from: Aughafad on September 03, 2022, 03:52:33 PM
Lads i wouldn't jump the gun and switch right now, there is more price increases in the pipeline! even for those that have just announced one already. Give it until near the end of the month especially gas users as there is a few massive increases incoming
It doesn't matter when you jump, it's a % discount (for Electric in NI). I've moved from SSE to Budget. My new tariff is 28.75% off the standard tariff for 12 months, that standard tariff will increase many more times no doubt.

bennydorano

Quote from: Square Ball on September 03, 2022, 04:16:54 PM
Can you not change every time there's a  price increase as the contract you have signed up to has been broken?
Yes, in NI anyway.

Wildweasel74

That couldn't be right about the coal, Where's that at General? I was getting 3 20kg bags of double for £21 and Coal £22 before Christmas, filled the bunker plus another 10 bags stacked. Was gonna get more, but a bag coal more than £10 for 20kg ridiculous

general

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 03, 2022, 08:40:45 PM
That couldn't be right about the coal, Where's that at General? I was getting 3 20kg bags of double for £21 and Coal £22 before Christmas, filled the bunker plus another 10 bags stacked. Was gonna get more, but a bag coal more than £10 for 20kg ridiculous

i promise you its right - i nearly fainted. 5ways in newry. i checked another place local and its the same

i would have went and got 4 bags of coal and a few bags of sticks for 30 quid (ish) the last time i lit the fire - im sure that was maybe jan/feb time

Wildweasel74

Wonder what the coal provider excuse is, saying all the coal mostly columbian over here.

Eire90

if there is blackouts will the irish take to the streets and demand these politicians go

From the Bunker

Over the last 9 months, i have cut about a trailer of timber. I saved 8 hoppers (told its about 2.5 trailers) of turf. I bought 2 extra cylinders of gas in May. I have a Stanley range and the majority of our cooking is done on that, as well as the Kettle boiled on it. The bike is taken for short journeys. Journeys in the Car are done slower i.e. 80Km and hour instead of 100km - Greater fuel efficiency.  I have stocked up on Dog food, Cat food etc. Also on Tinned food. Detergents, toiletries, etc. There is a mad crash coming. You can't pull against so many people in the supply chain and not expect a short-fall. You have been warned.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.