Donegal Club Hurling & Football

Started by Flat Hedgehog, November 11, 2006, 05:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenswilly gael

In relation to the new Donegal panel do you think your name sake John Haran should be recalled, he had a good county final,surely as good as some of the muppets Mc Ivor has involved.Reading the local papers i see the county secretary is in love with Mc Ivor.Everyone in Donegal seems to be bending over backwards to praise him and what has he achieved,nothing not even as good as poor old Mc Eniff and he was a joke at the end. For f**k sake he mishandled the Kevin Cassidy case and off our best player went to America.Think of the Cork game and Nicholas Murphy cleaning up in midfield, or Thomas Donahoe making that simple mistake that cost us dearly,if Cass was there i think we might have won.
Anyway i am not that sure at all about Mc Ivor,i see he has now brought in Adrian Mc Guickin as an adviser, the sign of someone not too sure about their own ability.Just count his list of advisers now, Michael Kelly, Francie Martin, Pierce Coyle, Ryan Porter, his son Paul Mc Ivor, and now Adrian Mc Guickin counting himself that is seven different opinions he needs to make a decision, how capable is this man?
And to put the tin hat on all this he appoints big Neil as the new Captain for the year. Does he think this will keep him off the sauce? When we needed Neil this year against St Michael's in the third game in 'O'Donnell Park he couldn't even run because he was fucked from partying.

thejohnharanexperi

Welcome to our small cohort of posters.In relation to Eunans captain and having watched him in the county final I personally would'nt let him within an asses roar of the panel as he has consistently failed at county level over the years.Too slow,too awkward and a yella streak to boot.I'm glad the captaincy was taken off Toye as it clearly affected his form this year and he gave no leadership at all.The captain has to be vocal and lead by example.I can see big Neilly doing the latter but he strikes me as fairly quiet onfield and if as you say he's fond of the lemonade and like Toye has been given responsibility solely to dissuade him from the gargle then mc Ivor has repeated his mistake again.Barry Monaghan is the obvious choice or from left field possibly devenney as it might curb his propensity to go it alone on the pitch and contribute to play more as a team player.Hoping that Dermot Langan and David Walsh impress in the trials from our own club and that the Mc Kenna Cup throws up a midfielder maybe Sweeney from Fanad could surprise us - lose some weight and find some pace.
This Mc Iver's second year is the crunch year.I'd say most people will be happy with a top four place in Division 1A and winning Ulster - could nearly settle for beating Armagh in Mc Cumhaill.
I think the Cassidy affair was a mess orchestrated by poor communication between management,County Board and local media.
Yeah! that's right it's thejohnharanexperience

Owenmoresider

Donegal club Championship draws 2007:

Senior
Prel - Aodh Ruadh v Ardara

Round 1:
Naomh Conall v St. Eunan's
Glenswilly v St. Michael's
Glenfin v Termon
Killybegs v Gweedore
Cloughaneely v Aodh Ruadh/Ardara
Buncrana v Kilcar
Malin v Four Masters
Dungloe v Naomh Columba

Intermediate
Round 1:
Downings v Muff
MacCumhaills v St. Naul's
Burt v Bundoran
Moville v Fanad Gaels

Byes for Urris, Na Rossa, Naomh BrĂ­d and Milford.

Junior A
Naomh Mhuire v Red Hugh's (Killygordon)
Naomh Padraig (Lifford) v Pettigo

Letterkenny Gaels v Carndonagh
Robert Emmets v Convoy
Naomh Padraig/Pettigo v Naomh Ultan
Naomh Mhuire/Red Hugh's v Naomh Colmcille

Naomh Conall v Eunan's probably the tie of the SFC, Aodh Ruadh v Ardara a big game also. Will Gaoth Dobhair make it back-to-back titles?

J70

Glenties v Eunan's definitely the tie of the round! Both sides have a fair sprinkling of lads on the county panel.

Looking at the senior draw, there's definitely been a shift in power away from the south of the county over the past while. Surprised to see McCumhaill's in the intermediate draw as well!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Hopefully Gaoth Dobhair will do the business, times have changed as J70 says the balance of power has shifted!  8)
Tbc....

Farrandeelin

Boys, I'm just wondering what the reserves teams are like up there? I mean, what level/standard is it at and how can all clubs manage to get a reserve team? It's the only thread I could find on Donegal club affairs!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ExiledGael

Hows the Championship shaping up in Donegal, is it groups or straight knock-out?
Seems to have been an incident packed weekend anyway, Bonner must have got quite a doing, shocking injuries apparently

Norf Tyrone

Our boys might be looking a competitive friendly next week if someone can help me out.

We are hoping to get a game in Donegal preferably against an Intermediate side to help us prepare for a Junior Championship clash on the 21st July.

My Club is called Owen Roe's just outside Strabane.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

donegal gael

buncrana were very unlucky they have some very good young players.. heard the n conail eunans game was rough?? anyone see it

KIDDO

Glenswilly defeated kilcar 2.11, to o.11,  in the Donegal senior championship quarter final  tonight , at Ballybofey , with the second half -played under floodlights.

KIDDO

St Eunans Letterkenny 2.10, to 0.9 forBallyshannon in tonights  championshio quarter final replay , at Ballybofey.   The  semi final draw is  St Eunans  v Glenfin and Dungloe, v Glenswilly.

donegal gael

good to see a small club like glenswilly do well.. but overall having seen both games i thought the standard was very poor.. too much cynical off the ball pulling and dragging, to many men behind the balls, negative tactics ie stop them scoring rather than attacking the oppisition, the standard of kicking both passing and scoring was poor. to much handpassing as well.. on a positive note the lights definetly have added a new diension and atmosphere to the championship

donegal gael

should be a well contested final given the local derby rivalry!

orangeman

Well done to Eunans - hard luck again to Swilly.

Flat Hedgehog

Will that relegation play off take place? If it does will it mean anything?
Knowledge only brings fear.