Hurling 2022

Started by Dag Dog, January 17, 2022, 02:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 23, 2022, 10:02:56 AM
McGrath taking some stick on twitter. He said earlier in the year(not that much either) that whoever beat Waterford would be walking the steps of the Hogan stand and now he says they got beat because of too much expectation  ;D

Galway improving rightly with Conor Whelan a massive addition. KK will be a bit wounded I think so will be difficult enough to beat. I think Galway are maybe that bit better but when Cody fires up KK they are hard beat so that could be a good one.

Dublin took a disappointing turn this last few games. I suspect Kenny will bite the dust.

Mc Grath likes the big fancy words - uses 20 when two or three would do. Great for the studio work.

Waterford were very disappointing alright. Never showed up, especially yesterday when they knew what they needed to do. No leadership at all - although De Burca and Barron left early. They'll have a long wait until they're in action again.

Not a great season for Tipperary but at least everyone knows there's a changing of the guard and it'll take a year or two. Had they scored the penalty, then who knows but Cork showed a bit more bite and will be happy to end up in third. Good draw for them now irrespective of who it is.

KK have work to do although their 2 losses were only by a combination of 5 pts. Good to get a crack at Galway in Croke Park.

Clare the standout team so far - having Duggan and O'Donnell back is some boost. Both offer so much, but in different ways. They'll be happy with the big score without TK.

johnnycool

McGrath taking some stick on twitter. He said earlier in the year(not that much either) that whoever beat Waterford would be walking the steps of the Hogan stand and now he says they got beat because of too much expectation  ;D

Galway improving rightly with Conor Whelan a massive addition. KK will be a bit wounded I think so will be difficult enough to beat. I think Galway are maybe that bit better but when Cody fires up KK they are hard beat so that could be a good one.

Dublin took a disappointing turn this last few games. I suspect Kenny will bite the dust.

Wee Davy looked to be touting for that particular job last night.

Would they be mad enough to give it to him?

Joe Fortune could step in from Westmeath!!

imtommygunn

Quote from: marty34 on May 23, 2022, 10:42:01 AM

Mc Grath likes the big fancy words - uses 20 when two or three would do. Great for the studio work.

Waterford were very disappointing alright. Never showed up, especially yesterday when they knew what they needed to do. No leadership at all - although De Burca and Barron left early. They'll have a long wait until they're in action again.

Not a great season for Tipperary but at least everyone knows there's a changing of the guard and it'll take a year or two. Had they scored the penalty, then who knows but Cork showed a bit more bite and will be happy to end up in third. Good draw for them now irrespective of who it is.

KK have work to do although their 2 losses were only by a combination of 5 pts. Good to get a crack at Galway in Croke Park.

Clare the standout team so far - having Duggan and O'Donnell back is some boost. Both offer so much, but in different ways. They'll be happy with the big score without TK.

I don't know how anyone works out what O'Donnell is going to do next because I don't think he knows himself  ;D

I could see Davy going to the likes of Dublin ok. If he were available for Down would you want him??

Clare's upturns in fortunes make it interesting. Still think they'll fall short of Limerick.

seafoid

The standard was quite high in Leinster this year. Wexford with Lee Chin were quite handy.  Dublin fell a bit short
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

marty34

Quote from: johnnycool on May 23, 2022, 10:55:33 AM

Wee Davy looked to be touting for that particular job last night.

Would they be mad enough to give it to him?

Joe Fortune could step in from Westmeath!!

Dublin were disappointing this year - especially after beating Wexford in Wexford Park. Never seem to believe in themselves.

Were poor V Kilkenny and very sloppy V Galway on Saturday evening. Very reliant on Burke for their scores.

Re: Davy, a hamdier run to Dublin than to Wexford. I'd say he'll be eyeing up another county job over the winter. He's got a good rest, kept his eye in with the media work and is just mad for hurling.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 23, 2022, 11:00:51 AM
Quote from: marty34 on May 23, 2022, 10:42:01 AM

I don't know how anyone works out what O'Donnell is going to do next because I don't think he knows himself  ;D

I could see Davy going to the likes of Dublin ok. If he were available for Down would you want him??

Clare's upturns in fortunes make it interesting. Still think they'll fall short of Limerick.

We couldn't afford him, we'll be spunking all our money on a new football manager in the next week or two, plus his Social Media game isn't as good as our current manager.

imtommygunn

He's done well Sheehan and he's pretty vocal too but seems dead on despite that  ;D

Very few of us could afford him. I was just wondering in the hypothetical.

I don't know where Dublin go from here. They just seem to struggle to breakthrough and have got to a level below the big teams but can't push on. They're far too strong for the mcdonagh too so are in limbo.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 23, 2022, 11:43:07 AM
He's done well Sheehan and he's pretty vocal too but seems dead on despite that  ;D

I don't know where Dublin go from here. They just seem to struggle to breakthrough and have got to a level below the big teams but can't push on. They're far too strong for the mcdonagh too so are in limbo.

Dubs are a comfortable Leinster championship team who currently are a step up on WM, Laois and Offaly.

Will they ever get beyond a third birth spot I don't know as firepower is their undoing, Con O'Callaghan could help in that regard but it's not going to happen.

Serious hurler is Con.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on May 23, 2022, 02:07:36 PM

Dubs are a comfortable Leinster championship team who currently are a step up on WM, Laois and Offaly.

Will they ever get beyond a third birth spot I don't know as firepower is their undoing, Con O'Callaghan could help in that regard but it's not going to happen.

Serious hurler is Con.

Was going to mention that football is their current undoing with regards to having their potentially best players
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

I see Kerry hurlers are travelling up and down, to Croke Park on the same day, for the Joe Mc Donagh Final.

They tried to book rooms in and around Dublin but crazy prices for their group.

Hotels making up for Covid now!!!

burdizzo

Hotels full of Ukrainians, no?

Kidder81

seafoid

Same as any other mid ranking county. They need a few decent players to come together and drive the team on. There is no God given right unless for the Dublin footballers.

johnnycool

The two provincial finals and the McDonagh Cup up for grabs this weekend.

Whilst I think Galway are the better team only a fool would write Kilkenny off in a Leinster final and with a semi-final berth at stake I'm divided on this one....

Kilkenny by an Eoin Cody goal.

Limerick and the wee neighbours Clare go at it again on Sunday, Limerick will believe that with a fuller deck of players they'll pull away but Clare have proven they're a resilient team and will give LM their fill of it any which way they want it.

I'd like to see Clare win it and they'll need goals from Duggan and Co but it's hard to look by a seasoned Limerick whose discipline will be very much tested and under the spotlight this weekend.

Antrim v Kerry in the Joe McDonagh, the Down lads i talked to very much fancy Antrim to win well but Kerry seem to be improving every game, so won't or shouldn't be underestimated, but Antrim I'd go with.

seafoid

Quote from: johnnycool on June 01, 2022, 08:16:07 AM
The two provincial finals and the McDonagh Cup up for grabs this weekend.

Whilst I think Galway are the better team only a fool would write Kilkenny off in a Leinster final and with a semi-final berth at stake I'm divided on this one....

Kilkenny by an Eoin Cody goal.

Limerick and the wee neighbours Clare go at it again on Sunday, Limerick will believe that with a fuller deck of players they'll pull away but Clare have proven they're a resilient team and will give LM their fill of it any which way they want it.

I'd like to see Clare win it and they'll need goals from Duggan and Co but it's hard to look by a seasoned Limerick whose discipline will be very much tested and under the spotlight this weekend.

Antrim v Kerry in the Joe McDonagh, the Down lads i talked to very much fancy Antrim to win well but Kerry seem to be improving every game, so won't or shouldn't be underestimated, but Antrim I'd go with.
Galway have been improving. I think they have more kick in them than KK.
Muster final very interesting. Are Limerick in decline or can they turn on the afterburners? Clare look like the coming team unless they get an unmerciful hammering.

Antrim should be good enough to win.