Hurling 2022

Started by Dag Dog, January 17, 2022, 02:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Kilkenny and Wexford have a better scoring difference.

That's what got them over the line.

Dublin miss out - disappointing end to their campaign after their win in Wexford Park.

seafoid

Quote from: marty34 on May 21, 2022, 09:36:15 PM

Dublin miss out - disappointing end to their campaign after their win in Wexford Park.

Wexford beat KK and drew with Galway
Dublin got no points from either.
Wexford deserve to.go through. 

marty34

Quote from: seafoid on May 21, 2022, 11:24:59 PM

But all 3 ended on 6 points.

seafoid

Quote from: marty34 on May 22, 2022, 08:43:11 AM
Quote from: seafoid on May 21, 2022, 11:24:59 PM

But all 3 ended on 6 points.
The last day is always about scoring difference given the teams meet only once. Dublin know that. They were well beaten by both KK and Galway. That is guaranteed to hurt the scoring difference. I would say by at least 10 points.

seafoid

Here are the numbers

The Dubs had a points difference of minus 23 against the top 2

Dubs vs KK -17
Vs Galway - 6
Total -23

Wexford had a points difference of +4

Wex vs KK +4
Vs Galway 0
Total 4

Net points difference between Dublin and Wexford  -23-4 = -27.
This is where Aughrim was lost for the Dubs.

Farrandeelin

Good game there between Kilkenny and Limerick in the u20 final.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

imtommygunn

Tough one to lose that. Should the ref have played advantage when the Limerick boy was taken down with a minute to go but had managed to put it through for his team mate who was in for a goal?? I thought Kilkenny were marginally better mind you.

Onthe40

Jez Waterford have turned into a shit show

imtommygunn

Tipp too. One of the worst tipp teams I have seen.

Farrandeelin

Tipp are dire today.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

imtommygunn

They are talking about their youth but their only good players were Maher, forde and McGrath.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 22, 2022, 05:37:38 PM
They are talking about their youth but their only good players were Maher, forde and McGrath.

Tipp have some good, young hurlers but they will need more time to bed in as the confidence is fragile and Cork went at them but it has to be said Tipp were having joy going direct in on Downey and Mark Kehoe, Kehoe had the better of proceedings resulting in an early goal and the penalty which hit the post, Cork subsequently went down the field and scored a goal themselves.

The wind went out of the Tipp sails and Cork trotted home at their ease.

Heffernan really needed to be standing on Lehanes toes, but was too far off most of the time, Lehane and Harnedy are now the key men in this Cork forward division.

Horgan on the other hand is now surplus to requirements. In the first half he hit one free, one 65, laid off one ball and got a point from play when Morgan ill advisedly tried to block a ball down to himself, was off balance to pick it up and left Horgan with a simple score. I was surprised to see him come out for the second half TBH. Cork need lads contributing more if they're to get a good run in the qualifiers. Wexford will make them work harder than that yesterday.

Clare gave some lads a run out yesterday and still put an awful Waterford away at ease. Maybe the Waterford lads knew the game was up, but to roll over and get their bellies tickled will irk Cahill as much as the result.

Peaking too early seems to be the excuse whereas Clare done nothing in the league to suggest they had this in their locker. How the tables have turned and if watching the Sunday game you'd be hard pressed to know who the Clare manager is as Davy certainly won't mention his name, but Lohan has a team who are physical, fast and skillful. I still think they can be a bit wasteful at the shooting at key times, but the Clare lads will relish a lash at Limerick and they'll still be underdogs, the way Lohan would like it to be.

Galway v KK will be another interesting battle. Wex put the blockers on big Wally, TJ and Cody, KK plan b is still work in progress. Galway will have to do the same and hope that Conor Whelan can make hay on Hugh Lawlor, no easy task.

50/50 battle there IMO.

Milltown Row2

I fancy Galway strongly after that KK performance, Kilkenny ran out of ideas and started doing route one stuff, food and drink for the Clare defence..

Kilkenny couldn't get a foothold in the game and when the tide went they had nothing to haul them back into contention..

Will hopefully be down for that final with Antrim playing beforehand, and maybe get to see a classic but feel Galway have more options and better players at the minute..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

The Deise were number 2 with the bookies @9/2 on 25/4
Unbelievable, Jeff

imtommygunn

McGrath taking some stick on twitter. He said earlier in the year(not that much either) that whoever beat Waterford would be walking the steps of the Hogan stand and now he says they got beat because of too much expectation  ;D

Galway improving rightly with Conor Whelan a massive addition. KK will be a bit wounded I think so will be difficult enough to beat. I think Galway are maybe that bit better but when Cody fires up KK they are hard beat so that could be a good one.

Dublin took a disappointing turn this last few games. I suspect Kenny will bite the dust.