Quote from: amallon on May 17, 2008, 12:41:20 AM
Quote from: umpire on May 16, 2008, 11:03:40 PM
Kilcoo 3.8 Longstone 2.15
Saval 0.10 Rostrevor 1.10
Clonduff 1.10 Burren 1.8
Mayobridge 2.12 Castlewellan 0.13
Liatriom 0.11 An Riocht 1.12
Loughinisland 0.8 Ballyholland 0.7

Well done to the Stone for getting the win in Kilcoo, its a tough place to get the points.

The Bridge were made to work real hard for their win against the Town, we really need our first goal to get us back into the game.  Starred games kick in now, its going to get a good bit tougher for us now. 

Highlights of tonights game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMPrKMgjbjo

1991 Down team arrive in Mayobridge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93mJcMRzlVM

Great stuff from 91 aidan - hard to believe it was 17 years ago!

Glensman

Those scenes from Mayobridge are class...you don't know lucky you are.
It almost makes shivers go down my spine and I'm an Antrim man.

You make your own luck and all that but if we were only blessed with a couple of Mickey Lindens and one Pete McGrath (we might win a match in the championship...)

BRIDGE LAD

Quote from: amallon on May 17, 2008, 12:41:20 AM
Quote from: umpire on May 16, 2008, 11:03:40 PM
Kilcoo 3.8 Longstone 2.15
Saval 0.10 Rostrevor 1.10
Clonduff 1.10 Burren 1.8
Mayobridge 2.12 Castlewellan 0.13
Liatriom 0.11 An Riocht 1.12
Loughinisland 0.8 Ballyholland 0.7

Well done to the Stone for getting the win in Kilcoo, its a tough place to get the points.

The Bridge were made to work real hard for their win against the Town, we really need our first goal to get us back into the game.  Starred games kick in now, its going to get a good bit tougher for us now. 

Mallon, is there not another 1 game with county men?

Mourne Rover

As the club which is currently top of division three seems to be the victim of more spelling mistakes than any other team in Down, perhaps we could confirm once and for all that it is not Glassdrumman, Glassdrummond or Glasdrummand but GLASDRUMMAN.

DownFanatic

Friday 16th May 7 30

ACFL Div 1
Kilcoo 3 08 Longstone 2 15
Saval 0 10 Rostrevor 1 10
Clonduff 1 10 Burren 1 08
Liatroim 0 11 An Riocht 1 12
Loughinisland 0 08 Ballyholland 0 07
Mayobridge 2 11 Castlewellan 0 13

ACFL Div 2
Warrenpoint 2 12 Downpatrick 1 12
Clanna na Banna 3 07 Tullylish 0 07
Darragh Cross Dundrum not played
Ballymartin 0 07 Bryansford 0 14
Shamrocks 1 09 Annaclone 2 08
Atticall 1 09 Kilclief 1 08

ACFL Div 3
St Pauls 0 9 Teconnaught 1 10
Drumaness 1 10 Saul 0 10
Drumgath 0 07 Bosco 1 07
Mitchels 0 07 Carryduff 1 13
St Micheals 2 12 Glasdrumman 3 12
Bredagh 2 12 Ardglass 0 08

ACFL Div 4

Aghaderg 2 08 Bright 1 07
Ballykinlar 0 05 St Johns 10 13
Aughlisnafinn 0 04 Dromara 3 14

Still in Oz at the moment. Watched the Collingwood v St Kilda game the other night. Clarke had an absolute stormer in the first 2 quarters. His performance was brought up during Channel 7's half time analysis when the anchor asked pundit Nathan Buckley to comment on the rumours that Clarke was returning home for good at the end of the season. Buckley response was one of praise and he said that he hoped Clarke would stay.
They then showed BBC footage of last year's Down League Final and Clarke's involvement in it, (The Thomas Kane Programme). After that Buckley remarked that since Clarke had won a Championship (he obviously meant the League) in his native county, he didnt not see any reason why he would return home.
These rumours are starting to pick up big time down here in Melbourne. I just wonder is there much truth in it.

In the Onion Bag

Well spoken Mourne Rover. 
That constant misspelling of Glasdrumman (the little green hill) has been bugging me for some time but I kept it to myself.

Square Ball

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on May 18, 2008, 08:36:04 AM
Well spoken Mourne Rover. 
That constant misspelling of Glasdrumman (the little green hill) has been bugging me for some time but I kept it to myself.

well thats me told off then
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

spiritof91and94

Quote from: 5iveTimes on May 16, 2008, 10:10:59 PM
Quote from: Leo on May 16, 2008, 12:35:44 PM
Hoganstand is about reliable as a source as a gossip at a wake. Prefer to hear from County Board and am sure they have the right planning consultants to take them through this process without facing a "no2 decision which, if it happened, could result in a 2-3 year delay for appeal.
Can someone get the official line on this?

Hoganstand seems to have got it right. The planning application was definitely rejected.

Checkout the Down website homepage - they have issued a statement saying nothing has been rejected and all feedback to date has been positive...

goldenyears

harps could have, maybe should have beat loughinisland on friday past. paul murphy arrived 20 mins late from dublin, and rony murtagh wasnt allowed to play the first half as he didnt train with down all week. have to say i think this is a joke an i know the kingdom were made play without j clarke in an earlier match this season....whats this all about!!

dan gordon dominated until murphy came on, and for 20 mins of the second half harps penned l'island back but couldnt score. murf missed 5 scoreable efforts and shane mulholland same. rony murtagh hit the post with a free last kick of the match to equalise

joe murphy and paddy mcnulty outstanding throughout

harps definitely going to rue these missed chances! :-\

ps big ger colgan managing l'island - good to see him back in the game

stiff breeze

Quote from: goldenyears on May 19, 2008, 09:39:08 AM
rony murtagh wasnt allowed to play the first half as he didnt train with down all week. have to say i think this is a joke an i know the kingdom were made play without j clarke in an earlier match this season....whats this all about!!
couldnt believe what I was reading goldenyears, surely the county cant have any bearing on players playin for their club when the game isnt stared!! There is too much influence from the county team management on how the league is run and who plays. Surely the players should stand up and put their club first instead of bowing to the pressure from down management.

Square Ball

Fixtures 20/5/08
ACHL Div1 7 30
Ballycran v Ballygalget
Shamrocks v Bredagh
Kilclief v Portaferry
Liatroim v Ballela
ACHL Div 2
Castlewellan v Ballycran
Ballyvarley v Portaferry
Ballygalget v Clonduff
ACFL Div 1 Thurs 22/5/08 7 30
Ballyholland v Kilcoo(C Broderick)
Castlewellan v Liatroim(E O Hare)
Longstone v Clonduff(P Brannigan)
Rostrevor v Mayobridge(D Brogan)
Burren v Loughinisland( C Reynolds)
An Riocht v Saval(B Rice)
ACFL Div 2 Thurs 22/5/08 7 30
Annaclone v Warrenpoint(D Moore)
Kilclief v Ballymartin(O Burke)
Downpatrick v Darragh Cross(L Morgan)
Tullylish v Attical(L Smyth)
Dundrum v Shamrocks(P D Doyle)
Bryansford v Clanna na Banna(M Lynch)
ACFL Div 3 Thurs 22/5/08 7 30
Tecconaught v Drumaness(S Lowey)
Saul v Drumgath(G Corrigan)
Bosco v Mitchels(A Grant)
Carryduff v St Micheals(E Mc Ellroy)
Glasdrumman v Bredagh(B Andrews)
Ardglass v Glenn(C Brannigan)
ACFL Div 4 Friday 23/5/08 7 30
St Johns v Aghaderg(C Mc Alinden)
Bright v Dromara(M Curran)
Aughlisnafinn v Ballykinlar(G Tumelty)
ACPRL Div 1 Sunday 25/5/08 2 00
Kilcoo v An Riocht
Liatroim v Castlewellan
Rostrevor v Downpatrick
Bryansford v Burren
Clonduff v Mayobridge
ACPRL Div 2
Tullylish v Bredagh
Ballymartin v Longstone
Saval v Annaclone
Kilclief v Carryduff
Loughinisland v Warrenpoint

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

goldenyears

stiffbreeze, thats the rule - if county players dont train with the county during the week, they dont get to play for their clubs or else they get a half like rony did for us. not great for clubs and i think they should all bring this up at county board level

the problem is the players want to play for down in the championship and 3 or 4 weeks away they arent likely to rock the boat and find themselves sitting on the sideline or in the stand!

off the laces

Everyone wants to play BUT if your not fit enough to train during the week then a match will hardly be very good for you will it.
Keeps 'er' straight

stiff breeze

Quote from: goldenyears on May 19, 2008, 01:39:40 PM
stiffbreeze, thats the rule - if county players dont train with the county during the week, they dont get to play for their clubs or else they get a half like rony did for us. not great for clubs and i think they should all bring this up at county board level

the problem is the players want to play for down in the championship and 3 or 4 weeks away they arent likely to rock the boat and find themselves sitting on the sideline or in the stand!

didnt even know a rule like that exised goldenyears! I cant comment wat the rest of the countys in Ireland are like but IMO I think the county are ruining the competitive nature of the leagues right from 1st to third division as all are affected. I accept your point about players wanting to play in the championship and not wanting to rock the boat but surely the panel as a whole should address this issue lead by the more senior players. Starred games are becoming a joke especially for fringe county players, they dont get to play for their club and get maybe 10-15 mins a match for the county. Div1 is especially affected for teams like yourselves, saval, the island, liotrim and the kingdom. The rest of the clubs have stronger panels and more numbers in most cases and therefore dont mind the starred games whereas the smaller clubs seasons fall apart. something should be done to maintain the competitiveness of down football.

Pangurban

the starred game system needs to be abandoned, it has contributed hugely too the falling standards in club football, with no concurrent raising of standards at Co.level. If Co. Management dont agree they have the option of resigning or being handed their P45s. They could hardly call on their record of achievement to support their argument