Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5times5times

Quote from: Green+Gold on August 24, 2023, 02:26:53 PM
The County Board are a disgrace charging £6 for over 12s into SFC games this weekend. All kids should be free and they have the cheek to charge £2 for babies up to 12 year old. £30 for a family with a 3 teenagers to watch a first round game is pure greed.

Not this sh1t again... Sponsor not enough to pay the extortionate bill for Laverty & co.. ticket sales is the only option

Green+Gold

No issue with the £6 for adults but charging the same price for 12 year olds and £2 for toddlers is taking the piss.

Gaelforce123

Quote from: Green+Gold on August 24, 2023, 04:00:21 PM
No issue with the £6 for adults but charging the same price for 12 year olds and £2 for toddlers is taking the piss.

So would it be ok if it was £10 for adults and £6 for 12-18? Just so
It is not the same? Same crying match every year over prices, its £4/£5 into a league game all year the extra £1 for championship early rounds is fair. Ok £2 for u12 isn't ideal but if you were to take an u12 to a game in other local sports or indeed Croke Park it costs alot more. Its £13 for an Irish League game and £10 for Rugby, £6 good value or just watch on down tv. £30 to get the whole family out to watch my club in the championship for an evening is well worth it. Same who complain probably no issue paying £5 for pint

Taylor

Quote from: Gaelforce123 on August 24, 2023, 04:15:24 PM

It is not the same? Same crying match every year over prices, its £4/£5 into a league game all year the extra £1 for championship early rounds is fair. Ok £2 for u12 isn't ideal but if you were to take an u12 to a game in other local sports or indeed Croke Park it costs alot more. Its £13 for an Irish League game and £10 for Rugby, £6 good value or just watch on down tv. £30 to get the whole family out to watch my club in the championship for an evening is well worth it. Same who complain probably no issue paying £5 for pint

Isnt ideal is an understatement - its scandalous as is having to pay £6 for a 13 year old.

Are you comparing club grounds to Croke Park?  :o

ardtole

Quote from: 5times5times on August 24, 2023, 03:32:20 PM
Quote from: Green+Gold on August 24, 2023, 02:26:53 PM
The County Board are a disgrace charging £6 for over 12s into SFC games this weekend. All kids should be free and they have the cheek to charge £2 for babies up to 12 year old. £30 for a family with a 3 teenagers to watch a first round game is pure greed.

Not this sh1t again... Sponsor not enough to pay the extortionate bill for Laverty & co.. ticket sales is the only option

I'd reckon the increased gates at the national league and championship matches, means Laverty is covering his costs.

Godsown

Think you have nailed it Gaelforce. Some guys just love to moan and gurn. It's good value all round especially compared to other counties

supersub

Quote from: Godsown on August 24, 2023, 05:04:30 PM

Think you have nailed it Gaelforce. Some guys just love to moan and gurn. It's good value all round especially compared to other counties

Here here. Absolute drivel. Complaining at every opportunity, nearly just to include the words 'County Board' in the complaint. Good value given adult reductions from previous years. As stated last year, better or similar to other counties. Armagh aren't charging u16 'for the round Robbin' - you can bet there will be a charge thereafter. Just have to accept some people will never be happy.

thebar

Sorry but asking money for youngsters (toddlers and all) is a nonsense, uncalled for and goes against the wind of what the GAA was should stand for. Rugby / Irish League are all paid professionals to a certain level while the GAA men do it for the love of it, dont they? At least the players do, but then they have no choice unlike the management teams with all the add ons. Call it for what it is, the love of the pound and greed.

Gaelforce123

Quote from: thebar on August 24, 2023, 08:42:10 PM

Sorry but asking money for youngsters (toddlers and all) is a nonsense, uncalled for and goes against the wind of what the GAA was should stand for. Rugby / Irish League are all paid professionals to a certain level while the GAA men do it for the love of it, dont they? At least the players do, but then they have no choice unlike the management teams with all the add ons. Call it for what it is, the love of the pound and greed.

Open Quote 'GAA, Grab All, greed,love the money' end quote.... Please repeat annually in every complaint.... Please also add the words County Board and disgrace in every comment' then proceed to complain about the price of the chippy on way home from a game, the Diesal to get there and the pints after.

Price of everything has went up, im sure that would include the running of our games (it
Does cost to run them) and £6 in and £2 for a child is good value, pay £4 into club games all year as it helps the club, pay into the county club championship as it helps the county. Intercounty games help GAA.

Agree to disagree though, ill go to three games this week,
Ill take my 2 kids also and will probably see some on the tv. Not because i can afford
It but because its good value and for me better than paying a sky subscription all year to watch the professionals

Mourne Red

Prices aren't as bad as they were two years ago was £5/10 for all u16s in 2021, I gave off stink here and there was a big backlash on Twitter but don't think the prices are that bad this year. £6 for SFC is cheaper than it was past few years.

County Star

Was at Saul v RGU

But no players team sheets or programme ? This was always part and parcel of championship

What going on

supersub

Quote from: County Star on August 24, 2023, 11:11:38 PM
Was at Saul v RGU

But no players team sheets or programme ? This was always part and parcel of championship

What going on

There have been no printed programmes bar finals for 3 years. Not sure what the last match you were at was. All programmes/team sheets posted online an hour before each game as was the way the past few years.

thebar

Quote from: Gaelforce123 on August 24, 2023, 10:26:07 PM
Quote from: thebar on August 24, 2023, 08:42:10 PM

Open Quote 'GAA, Grab All, greed,love the money' end quote.... Please repeat annually in every complaint.... Please also add the words County Board and disgrace in every comment' then proceed to complain about the price of the chippy on way home from a game, the Diesal to get there and the pints after.

Price of everything has went up, im sure that would include the running of our games (it
Does cost to run them) and £6 in and £2 for a child is good value, pay £4 into club games all year as it helps the club, pay into the county club championship as it helps the county. Intercounty games help GAA.

Agree to disagree though, ill go to three games this week,
Ill take my 2 kids also and will probably see some on the tv. Not because i can afford
It but because its good value and for me better than paying a sky subscription all year to watch the professionals

Fair enough I understand you support charging toddlers to sit through a match with the mother/father/other where I don't, I think it's short sighted and believe money, no matter what a persons financial situation should not be a potential barrier to bringing youngsters to a GAA match. You feel your getting good value - happy for you and congratulations on your call on Sky - I totally agree. However its a simplistic retort trotting out the "Grab all association" to those who may question decisions taken by the county board. Without being condescending if I was asked for £2 to take my 2 year daughter through a turnstile with me this weekend then I'm sorry but "greed" and "love the money" is a fairly accurate description of those who have made the decision with regards pricing strategy for games. Happy to pay for diesel and chips though little drink does me.

Splash

Quote from: harryR on August 21, 2023, 07:26:12 PM
There is a few hurlers in Ulster, that if they played in say Antrim or played hurling as main sport, that would be up there as well. Men like Brendan Rodgers, Sean Leo mcgoldrick, Danny Cullen etc

Danny Cullen particularly good but unknown hurler (from the admittedly little I've seen of him).

Splash

Quote from: County Star on August 24, 2023, 01:09:18 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on August 24, 2023, 01:06:13 PM
Has anyone heard the rumour of the Killyleagh Wolfe Tones are reforming ? The parishes of Killyleagh, Comber, Killinchy, and Tullnakill have some catchment area. I really hope it works the them.

Yea this is true

Would be great to see. Down probably has the greatest untapped potential out of any county in Ireland. Couple other areas could really do with GAA outlets, Hillsborough, Bangor (is Bangor the biggest settlement in Ireland without a GAA club?), Dromore, etc.

Besides the pragmatic reasons for having more clubs in Down, though, its great to see more areas providing the opportunity. Everyone should have the chance to play hurling and football in their home parish.

Really hope Killyleagh do well. Been shown through East Belfast and Saint Kevin's that new clubs can get up and flying in Down.