Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Great performance especially in the first half. Second half got bit sloppy but match was won well before the end.
nil satis nisi optimum

Johnnysboys

Quote from: thewobbler on April 12, 2023, 08:57:34 PM
Quote from: ardtole on April 12, 2023, 08:46:37 PM
Superb performance by the u20s tonight.

Absolutely top drawer. Balls, brains, pace, clinical.

They were playing against a crap team that shudnt have beaten Cavan the last day.. Murdock was different level but will be a huge loss against Donegal now. Jamie Doran and Oisin Savage were outstanding and the defence wasn't really tested.
This now puts our game against Donegal as a real fixture that we may not succeed in.

downtothecore

Should be good ulster final v Derry.

thewobbler

Quote from: Johnnysboys on April 12, 2023, 10:14:34 PM

They were playing against a crap team that shudnt have beaten Cavan the last day.. Murdock was different level but will be a huge loss against Donegal now. Jamie Doran and Oisin Savage were outstanding and the defence wasn't really tested.
This now puts our game against Donegal as a real fixture that we may not succeed in.

Jesus you've high standards.

Monaghan made an Ulster final at u17 for this year group.

terrifictommy

Are games starred this weekend?

snoopdog

when is the final? Surely Down would challenge the date if it effects players playing senior and U20, like Derry did for their semi.  Great performance on a cold wet blustery night.  Great to see a Down team with a game plan.

Godsown

Quote from: terrifictommy on April 12, 2023, 10:36:05 PM
Are games starred this weekend?

Are you serious or just don't follow happenings in GAA over past few years ?

terrifictommy

It was a simple yes or no question.
I don't tend to ask questions I know the answer to, nor do I feel insecure enough to feel outrage at a simple question. And therein lies the problem with the board, used to be friendly and easy.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: snoopdog on April 12, 2023, 10:52:19 PM

when is the final? Surely Down would challenge the date if it effects players playing senior and U20, like Derry did for their semi.  Great performance on a cold wet blustery night.  Great to see a Down team with a game plan.

Final down for the 26th which I think is 3/4 days before the two ulster semi finals so it may effect both Derry and Down. Surely the sensible thing to do is waive the rule.

Is the Down swagger back! We'll need a much improved performance from our semi final (albeit we played minus our 2 best players).

ardtole

The ulster council moved the Derry v Donegal semi final to accommodate Derry so a precedent has been set.

Truth hurts

The management simply needs to act like Rory Gallagher and throw the toys out of the pram.
Brian McAvoy need to be pushing this.

Truth hurts

Is it true the league fixtures are being pulled tomorrow night to help Down prepare for the Ulster final?

The club players need football as well.

snoopdog

I thought the final would be on a weekend.  Mid week badly hits the crowd. Especially if in omagh from a Down perspective. It stops me going.

thewobbler

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 13, 2023, 09:16:04 AM
Is it true the league fixtures are being pulled tomorrow night to help Down prepare for the Ulster final?

My understanding of the split season is that the panel wouldn't be available to their clubs while Down have an active u20 championship.

So I'm not sure why league fixtures would be pulled.

Truth hurts

Quote from: thewobbler on April 13, 2023, 09:56:30 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on April 13, 2023, 09:16:04 AM

My understanding of the split season is that the panel wouldn't be available to their clubs while Down have an active u20 championship.

So I'm not sure why league fixtures would be pulled.

That is my thinking too, let the u20 concentrate on their final and the leagues will sort themselves.