Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuan12

Who has a chance of getting to final?From what I have been watching Kilcoo lead the way with Burren a distant second, Mayobridge in third spot with the fourth spot up for grabs.next few weeks will be interesting

Godsown

Quote from: upandwin on September 09, 2022, 10:03:30 PM
Loughinisland absolutely good value for their win. Best team on the night won, neither have a hope in hell of making it to the final. Have to say I very rarely comment on referees here but the young lad tonight in Kilcoo was a shambles in my opinion. Again, credit to island, 3pt win flattered the point

Presume you are a Point man. That's the third time I've seen young Curran referee recently and he has been excellent. Can't think of one major issue coming out of that game where you could say ref got it wrong . CPN brutal in second half with no heart and no plan. Loughinisland were changed team after half time.

befair

Quote from: upandwin on September 09, 2022, 10:03:30 PM
Loughinisland absolutely good value for their win. Best team on the night won, neither have a hope in hell of making it to the final. Have to say I very rarely comment on referees here but the young lad tonight in Kilcoo was a shambles in my opinion. Again, credit to island, 3pt win flattered the point
Sure, blame the ref for the Point's 2nd half collapse

elk

Point's management team hadn't a clue what to do when the game started to get away from them. Looks like another early championship exit is in its way for them. Hard to believe they were so close to toppling Kilcoo 3-4 years ago compared to the standard they are playing at now with nearly the same squad.

terrifictommy

I've seen 8 games maybe now in the Champ and the officiating has been fine, no big wrong calls or game changing events. Maybe an brief to let the game go a bit more this year with frees not so easy to come by. Helping make games more watchable.
Seen Point in league and this didn't surprise me. They get another bite though don't they?

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Cuan12 on September 09, 2022, 10:51:11 PM
Who has a chance of getting to final?From what I have been watching Kilcoo lead the way with Burren a distant second, Mayobridge in third spot with the fourth spot up for grabs.next few weeks will be interesting

Mayobridge in third spot - your having a laugh. They are a shambles. Carryduff are third and very close to second imo. Thought the ref had a good game to be honest and like another poster I have seen him a few times now and he has yet to have a bad game.
Ford gone for the season - surely Deegans and Fegan will get the road. Kept them up only just but disappointing championship from them.

Down Follower

Deegan and Fegan for the road 😂
Bryansford along with rostrevor were heavy favourites for relegation this year. To keep them up was a magnificent job.
They actually looked the better team for long periods against Clonduff just didn't have the belief that they were.

Leftmidfield

Quote from: elk on September 10, 2022, 08:17:49 AM
Point's management team hadn't a clue what to do when the game started to get away from them. Looks like another early championship exit is in its way for them. Hard to believe they were so close to toppling Kilcoo 3-4 years ago compared to the standard they are playing at now with nearly the same squad.
No McGarry
No Murdock
No Ryan McAleenan
No Aaron Magee
& that's just off the top of my head !!

charlieTully

Well done down gaa TV on showing darragh cross liatriom game. That was as good as armagh Galway. Tremendous effort from both teams and absolute respect at the end. A credit to our county.

imagine

Quote from: charlieTully on September 10, 2022, 08:49:40 PM
Well done down gaa TV on showing darragh cross liatriom game. That was as good as armagh Galway. Tremendous effort from both teams and absolute respect at the end. A credit to our county.
Who was over Darragh Cross after the exit of the two high profile Duo?

upandwin

Nearly the same squad...obviously you don't follow the club scene too closely. No McGarry (their best forward by a mile) for the last two championship seasons. No McAleenan, No Aaron Magee, Paddy Murdock, Ryan Mallon, Ciaran McCartan, Ryan Magee or (Cormac McCartan most of last 2yrs). Point need every single man fit all the tim if they are going to compete but that's not realistic with the amount of games in a season for clubs now. Don't have the strength of squad to trouble the big guns.

elk

Quote from: upandwin on September 11, 2022, 01:14:01 AM

Nearly the same squad...obviously you don't follow the club scene too closely. No McGarry (their best forward by a mile) for the last two championship seasons. No McAleenan, No Aaron Magee, Paddy Murdock, Ryan Mallon, Ciaran McCartan, Ryan Magee or (Cormac McCartan most of last 2yrs). Point need every single man fit all the tim if they are going to compete but that's not realistic with the amount of games in a season for clubs now. Don't have the strength of squad to trouble the big guns.
Were most of them lads not on the pitch at some stage last year when 2nd division Longstone beat them?

Lotto

Quote from: Truth hurts on September 09, 2022, 10:33:31 AM
Quote from: terrifictommy on September 09, 2022, 10:17:34 AM
Goals galore in Liatroim last night, very high scoring! Rostrevor thought they had it in the bag early. Few cards dealt in Ballymartin after the game too I heard. And no Longstone score in 2nd half?

I watched the Longstone game on Pairc tv, the first half was poor with Mayobridge standing off them and letting them have the kick out. In the second half they pushed everyone up and the Stone had no answer to the tenacity of Mayobridge. If that is the standard of the two teams coming up to division 1 next year then I think they will have a short stay.

Two games tonight in the SFC are really hard to call,  Clonduff really need a performance as they showed nothing against Kilcoo.

You must have been watching a different game as Mayobridge continued to give up kickouts in the second half. Why clubs continue to employ coaches who instruct their teams to sit back, put everyone behind the ball and hope to stop the opposition scoring just baffles me. Proud clubs with a successful history and they resort to this cr@p, they know who they are getting into bed with!

Hard2Listen2

Great line up for Stevie Poacher's latest coaching day.

Got to hand it to him. He does a great job with them.

befair

Horrendous conditions in Newcastle today; under the circumstances Down TV did a great job.
Downpatrick's tactics were inexplicable. A strong wind behind them in the first half, they persisted with a short passing game