Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpitin

Pete McGrath wee James and Aidan o Rourke new down management. To be confirmed

Sandstorm

Truth hurts

Quote from: lumpitin on November 17, 2021, 10:34:47 AM

That would not be a bad setup, it would be something at that stage, We need something in place this week

thewobbler

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 17, 2021, 10:40:03 AM
Quote from: lumpitin on November 17, 2021, 10:34:47 AM

That would not be a bad setup, it would be something at that stage, We need something in place this week

Whether you like it not, whether he deserves it (he clearly doesn't) or not, really does not matter.... the bottom line truth is that it's been so long since players responded appropriately to Pete McGrath's management, that his name should just be moved to the side.

Truth hurts

But the dinosaurs ousted the Kerry coach Tally, the dinosaurs ousted the Burren manager McCorry, the dinosaurs are ruining the county. Who leaked the story about McGuinness to the press, that needs to be looked at too.

Smurfy123

Up and down what a ridiculous reply
Burren only play defensive to try and beat Kilcoo
Bryansford still attack when they can
Yes let's all go out and play 15 v 15 with no tactics
Dinosaurs all over the place

Truth hurts

I cannot believe I am on the same hymn sheet as the pride of South Down Smurfy. Kick it into the big fella on the edge of the square, two full forwards feed of the break ball, its a simple game lads. "put the ball in " shout from the dinosaur in the crowd when there are 10 sweepers is a pet hate of mine.
A new one these days is a shout from the crowd "its not a head injury ref"

Truth hurts

Conor must be retired, a good appointment for Saul, a young coach with new ideas. Ronan and John will be missed but I think Conor can take them to a new level. They should be making a massive push to go to division 1 next year.

upandwin

Burren scored the highest amount of point in Div1 ya moron. They had an average of almost 18pts a game...but yet they're defensive this last five years? Go watch a league game or two...There are other pitches outside of Esler boss. Ford are defensive because they're scrap...same way Ballyholland and Some other scrap teams went defensive over the last ten years to get results. Bridge actually have good forwards, my point is why would they go for Poacher who's septically bad brand of football has won him sweet FA to date...he's a relegation battle merchant

How are Burren defensive yet have outscored CPN, Kilcoo, Clonduff and all the other teams in Div1?

Truth hurts

Quote from: upandwin on November 17, 2021, 02:26:20 PM
Burren scored the highest amount of point in Div1 ya moron. They had an average of almost 18pts a game...but yet they're defensive this last five years? Go watch a league game or two...There are other pitches outside of Esler boss. Ford are defensive because they're scrap...same way Ballyholland and Some other scrap teams went defensive over the last ten years to get results. Bridge actually have good forwards, my point is why would they go for Poacher who's septically bad brand of football has won him sweet FA to date...he's a relegation battle merchant

How are Burren defensive yet have outscored CPN, Kilcoo, Clonduff and all the other teams in Div1?

I think people get tied up with the Poacher debate but fail to recognize that Mayobridge nabbed one of the most sought-after coaches in Down and maybe beyond in Marty Clarke who was one of the most gifted forwards this county has ever produced who was part of the swash buckling u20 set up last year. Poachers Ballyholand side was not the most talented but he kept them in division one consistently and they were more up and down than a hooker's pants before he arrived. It will be interesting to see what he is like with a club team with better talent at his disposal.

I'll say it again but if Down has announced those two last night I believe the majority of Gaels in the county would have been happy especially the players. The other ticket we have on the table looks ok but the McGuinness thing would have ignited so much in the county. There is a dreary feel when you talk to Gaels all over the county, we as fans are getting worried.

Malachy O'Rourke would be amazing but i would imagine he will concentrate on Glen.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 17, 2021, 03:41:46 PM
Quote from: upandwin on November 17, 2021, 02:26:20 PM

I think people get tied up with the Poacher debate but fail to recognize that Mayobridge nabbed one of the most sought-after coaches in Down and maybe beyond in Marty Clarke who was one of the most gifted forwards this county has ever produced who was part of the swash buckling u20 set up last year. Poachers Ballyholand side was not the most talented but he kept them in division one consistently and they were more up and down than a hooker's pants before he arrived. It will be interesting to see what he is like with a club team with better talent at his disposal.

I'll say it again but if Down has announced those two last night I believe the majority of Gaels in the county would have been happy especially the players. The other ticket we have on the table looks ok but the McGuinness thing would have ignited so much in the county. There is a dreary feel when you talk to Gaels all over the county, we as fans are getting worried.

Malachy O'Rourke would be amazing but i would imagine he will concentrate on Glen.

Truth hurts if you knew anything about club football in the county you'd know they were in the St Johns ticket that got beat by Division 4 Dromara last year in the intermediate Championship. Not caught up on any debate.

Smurfy123

So what you are saying is Burren go all out attack until they play Kilcoo so they go defensive

And Bryansford attack the odd time because they are scrap

That's what you have said

Anyway I'd prefer to talk about County football

redandblackareback

It is 4 full months since Tally got the road and we are still scrapping the barrel for a manager and a coaching team. I am certainly not Poachers biggest fan but if the Bridge can name that as a management team so soon after McKeever stepped away there is something seriously wrong with our selection committee that they have hit a dead end after 4 months! I have to agree with a previous poster, Poacher and Clarke would probably have ignited the players appetite and we would have taken it after this awful process, but god only knows what we will end up with now.

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 17, 2021, 10:04:38 AM
Kilcoo Moran/ Gilligan
Burren McCorry/ Adams
Clonduff McBride/ Copeland
Mayobridge Poacher/Clarke
Ballyholland
CPN Mulholland/Poland
Loughinisland Duffins
Carryduff Paddy O Rourke
Rostrevor Benny Coulter
Castlewellan
Downpatrick Gracey/ Walsh
Bryansford

Glenn Bagnall
Longstone
Saul
Liatrom Frankie Fitz
Saval
Darragh Cross DJ/ Gormley
Annaclone Seamy Quinn/ Haughey
An Riocht Ruane/ Mussen

Not sure of a few of these.. paddy O'Rourke to carryduff is crap from what I hear. Rumblings with the noisy neighbours too - Jim McCorry could be on his own from what I hear! And heard today Rony Murtagh is stepping into the shoes in Ballyholland.. interesting..

Truth hurts

Saval are looking to daft in António Guterres from the UN to sort out the civil war after a split in committee. Some big characters not happy in the club.