Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Truth hurts on September 10, 2021, 11:33:30 AM
So Conor Deegans will be announced as the new senior manager soon, what are your thoiughts? Is he keeping it warm for Laverty?

Would question the logic behind it given a relatively poor recent track record in management. From Dromara to the county job is quite a leap. Though hopefully he would have a good relationship with some of the players from his role with the under 21's previously. It's a difficult job for anyone to take on regardless, and if it is him hopefully he gets players buying in and has good people around him.

Mourne Red

So Conor Deegans will be announced as the new senior manager soon, what are your thoiughts? Is he keeping it warm for Laverty?

That'll be us relegated and if we meet anyone other than Fermanagh we'll be out first round in Ulster.. Terrible manager, Counter underage players that I know, they didn't like his methods and thought his tactics were outdated

Truth hurts

Quote from: Mourne Red on September 10, 2021, 02:24:23 PM

That'll be us relegated and if we meet anyone other than Fermanagh we'll be out first round in Ulster.. Terrible manager, Counter underage players that I know, they didn't like his methods and thought his tactics were outdated

Will you give him a chance please! Lets see the back room team first

Lloyd p

Can someone please tell me what this man has achieved in management to be rewarded with the senior county job? Down football must be in a bad way.

Mourne Rover

It's a little surprising that Truth Hurts is absolutely convinced Conor Deegan is going to be the new Down manager but does not know how to spell his name.

Truth hurts

Quote from: Mourne Rover on September 10, 2021, 04:30:23 PM
It's a little surprising that Truth Hurts is absolutely convinced Conor Deegan is going to be the new Down manager but does not know how to spell his name.

Thanks, Mr Grammar and spelling police officer, to serve and correct!

Johnnysboys

Surely Conor Deegan would be a step back for us as a county???
I look at Logan and Dooher yesterday and I know they had a serious panel to step in to but I feel we are looking in the wrong direction within the county getting Deegan..
Surely a combo of Niall McAleenan, Mulholland and Laverty/Clarke is the way forward??

Truth hurts

Does anyone know the admission price for this week's games? What happens if an elderly person comes to the gate without a ticket or smartphone. Can tickets be bought at the grounds? Do u16s need tickets?

SHEEDY

Quote from: Truth hurts on September 13, 2021, 03:08:33 PM
Does anyone know the admission price for this week's games? What happens if an elderly person comes to the gate without a ticket or smartphone. Can tickets be bought at the grounds? Do u16s need tickets?
tickets are £5, cant be bought at the turnstile. all u16s need a ticket as well.
nil satis nisi optimum

terrifictommy

Championship fever starting then, 2 days to go!
Pick of the games must be Mayobridge v Kilcoo. Be interesting.

upandwin

Just can't shake the feeling Mayobridge will turn the Magpies over. That's developed in to a big rivalry over the years and Mayobridge have missed a few chances to beat Kilcoo in SFC recently...I've seen the Bridge three times now and they're one of the best teams I've seen.

RGU to beat Carryduff as well for me...Duff just missing a few key players at the wrong time and Downpatrick would be the dark horses of the championship for me...they could go very far with a good draw

terrifictommy

I'm not so sure Mayobridge will, but I'm hoping they'll give it a good rattle.
Think RGU will overcome Duff but can't see a semi final out of them

Truth hurts

Quote from: upandwin on September 14, 2021, 11:22:21 AM
Just can't shake the feeling Mayobridge will turn the Magpies over. That's developed in to a big rivalry over the years and Mayobridge have missed a few chances to beat Kilcoo in SFC recently...I've seen the Bridge three times now and they're one of the best teams I've seen.

RGU to beat Carryduff as well for me...Duff just missing a few key players at the wrong time and Downpatrick would be the dark horses of the championship for me...they could go very far with a good draw

Kilcoo will rattle out the old guard who have been hiding from the league, this happens every year men, the odds don't lie but Mayobridge never rolls over for any team. Kilcoo will have a different team on Sunday and we will be talking about who can get near them next week.

befair

Is there a back door this year?