Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScarvaLegend

Quote from: upandwin on September 02, 2021, 10:04:14 AM
Any word when the championship fixtures are being announced, as in date, venue, ref etc.

Surely the league conclusions don't affect the Championship do they have to wait until after Friday to plan them?

Nothing posted officially on county website or social media, but there's fixtures showing on Wikipedia so who knows if they are real or someone having us on:

16 September 2021Round 1   Longstone    v Warrenpoint   Ballymartin   
19:30 IST (UTC+1)            Venue: Páirc Cois na Farraige
17 September 2021Round 1   Saul    v Burren   Liatroim   
19:30 IST (UTC+1)            Venue: Fontenoy Park
18 September 2021Round 1   Bredagh    v Castlewellan   Downpatrick   
14:00 IST (UTC+1)            Venue: Páirc Tomás Ruséil
18 September 2021Round 1   RGU Downpatrick    v    Carryduff   Darragh Cross   
17:00 IST (UTC+1)            Venue: St Mochai's Park
19 September 2021Round 1   Mayobridge    v    Kilcoo   Newry   
15:00 IST (UTC+1)            Venue: Páirc Esler
19 September 2021Round 1   Loughinisland    v    Ballyholland Harps   Newcastle   
17:00 IST (UTC+1)            Venue: St Patrick's Park
19 September 2021Round 1   Clonduff    v    Rostrevor   Newry   
19:00 IST (UTC+1)            Venue: Páirc Esler
20 September 2021Round 1   Bryansford    v   Glenn   Newry   
19:15 IST (UTC+1)            Venue: Páirc Esler

Mourne Red

RGU have it on their Facebook page as well

Johnnysboys

Massive weekend for the club..
seniors to win the first division title tomorrow
Seconds to win championship Saturday
Senior ladies to win league Saturday evening..
#blues

Smurfy123

We are winning on all fronts
The hard work is paying off
Barring an off night the league title looks in the bag
That will set us up well for the big one
The big one looks as open this year than any other year

Truth hurts

I would hate to see it if you got a bit of success

upandwin

Jesus Christ I'm a Point Man and even I can't listen to that garbage from these two Gobshites...any wonder half the county hates us...

Would be great for our lads to win something, this group has given us a lot of joy over the last few years and their efforts are massively thanked by gaels in our club as we were in a terrible place not that long ago. We were a Yo-Yo intermediate team about 6yrs ago, A division one title was laughable then. I still don't think we are good enough to win a SFC but here's hoping they prove me wrong. The seconds are massively up against it on Saturday, Burren will win that match handy IMO. They have the most strength and depth of any club in Down and I'd argue Kilcoo and Clonduff are next best, we have been fortunate to get an easier draw to the final but you can only beat what's in front of you.

Still think there's a twist in the tale tonight, Ford always good when there's no pressure on them. I fully expect them to take this game the whole way...Still think the Bridge will fancy their chances of winning the league.

sdg

Quote from: upandwin on September 03, 2021, 09:29:14 AM
Jesus Christ I'm a Point Man and even I can't listen to that garbage from these two Gobshites...any wonder half the county hates us...

Would be great for our lads to win something, this group has given us a lot of joy over the last few years and their efforts are massively thanked by gaels in our club as we were in a terrible place not that long ago. We were a Yo-Yo intermediate team about 6yrs ago, A division one title was laughable then. I still don't think we are good enough to win a SFC but here's hoping they prove me wrong. The seconds are massively up against it on Saturday, Burren will win that match handy IMO. They have the most strength and depth of any club in Down and I'd argue Kilcoo and Clonduff are next best, we have been fortunate to get an easier draw to the final but you can only beat what's in front of you.

Still think there's a twist in the tale tonight, Ford always good when there's no pressure on them. I fully expect them to take this game the whole way...Still think the Bridge will fancy their chances of winning the league.

As a fellow point man I cudnt agree more, 2 Arsholes.  Probably didn't even know where moygannon was when we where in the 2nd division

Truth hurts

Warrenpoint would not be hated generally but recently have become a bit vocal, doing great work in a town and other urban centres should take note especially in East Down where we have a lor of untapped resources

befair

Quote from: Truth hurts on September 03, 2021, 01:18:54 PM

Warrenpoint would not be hated generally but recently have become a bit vocal, doing great work in a town and other urban centres should take note especially in East Down where we have a lor of untapped resources

CPN certainly aren't hated; most Down men are delighted to see your club going well

johnnycool

yip, those hoors in Donaghadee should be doing more..

Truth hurts

Quote from: johnnycool on September 03, 2021, 03:17:23 PM

yip, those hoors in Donaghadee should be doing more..

I was more thinking of places like Banbridge, Crossgar but I also believe places like Ardglass, Dundrum, Drumaness who have good populations should be higher up the leagues. Drumaness are a sleeping giant in this county and have a great pick, if the players could concentrate on gaelic instead of the Mills they would fly through the divisons.

knockitdown

1st half water break. Kilcoo 0-04 clonduff 0-01

knockitdown

Half time. Kilcoo 0-06 clonduff 1-05

High ball in bounced over keeper head and in on the whistle

knockitdown

SHEEDY

Warrenpoint 3-15 Bryansford 4-4.

Warrenpoint Div1 league champions
nil satis nisi optimum