Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knockitdown

Some inquest in Burren after tonight. Serious money being spent to be knocked out in the 1/4 final after all the talk...

Kilcoo home and hosed again

PTC

Burren faded badly in extra time, if they had of been concentrating on their own game instead of jumping about pairc esler last night cheering for clonduff they wouldn't of tired so quickly.

befair

The team that goes first wins shoot-outs 3 out of 5. Big advantage, tho both Hilltown and Burren had pens to win and missed them. Wpt derserved it, Burren far too negative, should have exploited Treanor in full-forward much more

yellowcard

That's put paid to the possibility of a big grudge final of Burren v Kilcoo anyway. With the level of resources pumped into Burren and the extent to which they go to entice players, they must be the greatest perennial underachievers in Down club senior football.

Johnnysboys

Well wasn't that just lovely to experience. Given absolutely no chance by anyone outside the group of players and we turned over the noisy ones again. Second time in a few seasons we have beaten them in championship. Burren supporters around me calling for management to go. Serious amount of money spent there and a paltry league to show for it.
We move on to the semi finals now. Loughinisland have beaten us already and will be delighted with the draw - massive underdogs again but as we all seen tonight the tag suits us.
Bridge v CPN final I'm predicting.

Mourne Red

When are the semi finals?? Next weekend or 2 weeks time?

sdg

Cheap weekend in Donegal going for any club interested 

Jimmy mc G

Leftmidfield

Quote from: Johnnysboys on September 26, 2022, 09:58:15 PM
Well wasn't that just lovely to experience. Given absolutely no chance by anyone outside the group of players and we turned over the noisy ones again. Second time in a few seasons we have beaten them in championship. Burren supporters around me calling for management to go. Serious amount of money spent there and a paltry league to show for it.
We move on to the semi finals now. Loughinisland have beaten us already and will be delighted with the draw - massive underdogs again but as we all seen tonight the tag suits us.
Yes that was just great to see.
A bank-rolled team of so called superstars beaten by a depleted CPN team

Leftmidfield

Quote from: Mourne Red on September 26, 2022, 10:06:49 PM
When are the semi finals?? Next weekend or 2 weeks time?
I'm hearing 3pm this Sunday for CPN v Loughinisland

Cuan12

East down final on the cards but it's going to take a massive effort , should take Island v Point away from Newry , take it to Kilcoo or Castlewellan ?

forevergreen

Quote from: Johnnysboys on September 26, 2022, 09:58:15 PM

After tonight's performance  CPN will be stone wall favourites. Deserved to win, as for resources I'd wouldn't think Mulholland and Poland are doing it for pennies. But at least you don't have to take about Burren anymore but can talk about the resources spent in Kilcoo!!

supersub

Quote from: 5times5times on September 26, 2022, 09:24:24 PM
Do Down just refuse to post updates on Twitter?? 20mins before 1st of the night, none in ET etc.

Madness. Compare to Tyrone/Armagh/Derry etc

Let's get a few facts straight here. As was mentioned yesterday on here there is a clear pattern followed from Round 1 until now. 15 min updates in every match at every grade. Very few have not had this. Nothing to do with streaming or any other factor other than man power. In addition to this you say 'none in extra time'. There were no scores in the first half of extra time. Half time and full time was communicated followed by the full shootout.

The hurling semi finals were score for score, which I'm sure the football will also be. There was a meeting with the clubs before the championship commenced to clearly outline the position with score updates and there is a designated person in each club helping to facilitate this. If you can find a few more willing bodies, I am sure the Secretary or PRO would love to hear from you. Please also bare in mind the location of some host clubs and the lack of signal therein. Which may have been the case in Kilcoo tonight for example.

The incessant bashing is hard to listen to from people who wouldn't lift a finger for their club never mind the county.

Baile an tuaigh

Kilcoo should change their name to the "cats" rather than the "magpies" they truly have nine lives. Felt sorry for Barry O Hagan on a personal level but that is sport.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on September 27, 2022, 12:12:26 AM
Kilcoo should change their name to the "cats" rather than the "magpies" they truly have nine lives. Felt sorry for Barry O Hagan on a personal level but that is sport.

What happened Barry O'Hagan in the game?

downtothecore

Well done to point. It was a tense close game throughout but the point deserved it. Burren came up short and I could not understand why they did press on all the point kick outs in extra time. That young lad in the point half forward line has some pace and is worth looking at at county level. Liam kerr looks great on the ball but he did not penetrate enough to cause the point problems.