Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobbller

Quote from: Truth hurts on August 04, 2021, 04:13:03 PM
clubs getting 6 tickets going by Castlewellan gaa facebook, clubs getting the scraps
Maybe you could speak again to your PROMINENT County Board member.He may assist you in obtaining a Ticket.

upandwin

BALLYHOLLAND   vs   LOUGHINISLAND
ROSTREVOR   vs   KILCOO   
CUMANN PHEADAIR NAOFA   vs CLONDUFF
BURREN GAC   vs   BRYANSFORD   
CARRYDUFF   vs   MAYOBRIDGE

How does everyone see this weekend's fixtures panning out? The best game on paper is Point v Yellas, think this one could be a draw....Clonduff haven't been full out and have won their first two easy enough so will be hard to beat. Home advantage might stand by Warrenpoint but they're missing some key players atm. Going for a high scoring draw

Mayobridge v Carryduff is an intriguing one, tough place to go for the Bridge and could be closer than people think...just fancy the Bridge by 2/3pts though...both teams have some really good players but the Bridge will win if Cory has a good day at the office...think Carryduff are still a bit suspect at the back

Burren should have no bother dispatching the Ford, maybe they'll take this chance to rest a few players and give fringe players game time...Burren by 10 for me.

Same for Kilcoo v Rostrevor...think Kilcoo will rest some lads and should still run out easy winners against a fairly average Reds team...Kilcoo by 7/8

Loughinisland have been missing a lot of players so far by all accounts and if they can get some lads back on the pitch they could get their first win of the season...But fancy Harps to sneak this one in a low scoring game. Going for Ballyholland by 2

Truth hurts

Football championship prediction competition 2021

( Winner to receive two tickets to 2022 All-Ireland football final, tickets provided by PROMINENT county board official)

Predict the winners and runners up of each football 2021 championship

SFC
IFC
JFC
PRFC
RFC

U17
U15
U13

Truth hurts

Quote from: upandwin on August 05, 2021, 08:47:21 AM
BALLYHOLLAND   vs   LOUGHINISLAND
ROSTREVOR   vs   KILCOO   
CUMANN PHEADAIR NAOFA   vs CLONDUFF
BURREN GAC   vs   BRYANSFORD   
CARRYDUFF   vs   MAYOBRIDGE

How does everyone see this weekend's fixtures panning out? The best game on paper is Point v Yellas, think this one could be a draw....Clonduff haven't been full out and have won their first two easy enough so will be hard to beat. Home advantage might stand by Warrenpoint but they're missing some key players atm. Going for a high scoring draw

Mayobridge v Carryduff is an intriguing one, tough place to go for the Bridge and could be closer than people think...just fancy the Bridge by 2/3pts though...both teams have some really good players but the Bridge will win if Cory has a good day at the office...think Carryduff are still a bit suspect at the back

Burren should have no bother dispatching the Ford, maybe they'll take this chance to rest a few players and give fringe players game time...Burren by 10 for me.

Same for Kilcoo v Rostrevor...think Kilcoo will rest some lads and should still run out easy winners against a fairly average Reds team...Kilcoo by 7/8

Loughinisland have been missing a lot of players so far by all accounts and if they can get some lads back on the pitch they could get their first win of the season...But fancy Harps to sneak this one in a low scoring game. Going for Ballyholland by 2

Ballyholland, Kilcoo, CPN, Burren, Draw

upandwin

Quote from: Truth hurts on August 05, 2021, 08:54:17 AM
Football championship prediction competition 2021

( Winner to receive two tickets to 2022 All-Ireland football final, tickets provided by PROMINENT county board official)

SFC
IFC
JFC
PRFC
RFC

U17
U15
U13

Hahahahaha ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Truth hurts

Winners first, runner up second

SFC Kilcoo Clonduff
IFC Kingdom Liatroim
JFC Aughlisnafin Bright
PRFC Carryduff Kilcoo
RFC Mayobridge Carryduff

U17 Burren Bryansford
U15 Mayobridge Bredagh
U13 Byransford Burren

snoopdog

Quote from: Too many steps on August 04, 2021, 02:58:27 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on August 04, 2021, 11:16:50 AM
Quote from: snoopdog on August 04, 2021, 08:56:07 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on August 04, 2021, 08:41:05 AM
Lotto your shameful and faceless dig should have resulted in a ban.

I am trying to purchase tickets for Saturday's match for the children, can these be got online?
No idea what ticket allocation will be like or how many will be allowed. I hear the Down supporters club are running a bus/buses.

Its near Wednesday afternoon, you would think the public could be informed

Heard 2000 allowed in total.

By the time Croke Park, Provincial and County Boards take their cut for sponsors etc. Players/Coaches and their families get their allocation there could only be a few hundred left for general sale.

With so few they might just distribute them all through the clubs - keep an eye on the Down social media is best bet.
2000 in a ground that holds 25k. Madness to be honest. How big an attendance would this get in normal times plus it's a ground totally open to the elements. Really disappointing.

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Truth hurts on August 05, 2021, 11:10:48 AM

Winners first, runner up second

SFC Kilcoo Clonduff
IFC Kingdom Liatroim
JFC Aughlisnafin Bright
PRFC Carryduff Kilcoo
RFC Mayobridge Carryduff

U17 Burren Bryansford
U15 Mayobridge Bredagh
U13 Byransford Burren

Bright are still Intermediate

SFC - Burren - Mayobridge
IFC - Liatroim - An Riocht
JFC - A'Finn - Ardglass
PRFC - Carryduff - Kilcoo
RFC - M'Bridge - Carryduff
U17 - Burren - M'Bridge
U15 - Warrenpoint - M'Bridge
U13 - Burren - Bryansford

(Underage is just based on league results as I wouldn't be too familiar with most of the teams)

upandwin

SFC - Kilcoo - CPN
IFC - Liatroim - An Riocht
JFC - A'Finn - Ardglass
PRFC - Kilcoo - Burren
RFC - M'Bridge - CPN
U17 - Burren - M'Bridge
U15 - M'Bridge - CPN
U13 - Burren - Bryansford

Truth hurts

Was Burren and Ford U15 0.00 to 0.00 last night?

Smurfy123

Abandoned. Something needs to be done about these underage matches. I see a blind eye has been turned to Sunday. No doubt last nights abandoned match will also

On another note I see Danny Hughes calling for a John McEntee type manager to come into Down. Surely we are now past this? We need a man who will take control of 17s 20s and seniors and knows what's around the County

I don't see why the under 20 management can't step straight in

Truth hurts

Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 06, 2021, 08:55:58 AM
Abandoned. Something needs to be done about these underage matches. I see a blind eye has been turned to Sunday. No doubt last nights abandoned match will also

On another note I see Danny Hughes calling for a John McEntee type manager to come into Down. Surely we are now past this? We need a man who will take control of 17s 20s and seniors and knows what's around the County

I don't see why the under 20 management can't step straight in

Abandoned? Why? Do not tell half a story Smurfy

Truth hurts

Smurfy you have left a bigger cliffhanger than an episode of Eastenders!

snoopdog

Good luck to the U20s tonight. I'm sure they will do us proud.

SHEEDY

Disappointing night, Down were in control and looked to have the match won but unfortunately the lads just seemed to be running on empty for the last 10/15 mins. The extra time win over monaghan clearly still in the legs in the heavy conditions.
We probably should have been further ahead but for some poor misses and shot selection. Hopefully still a big future ahead in the Down jersey for some of these young fellas.
nil satis nisi optimum