The Great Ulster Football Thread

Started by Kerry Mike, August 29, 2011, 10:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

I have a confession to make, this is tough to say but, Ulster football, I love it. (Not as hard to say as you'd imagine)

Fantastic people, great hearted GAA folk who love and play play the games as they should be played, with the passion and great colour and enthusium they bring to the sport but most of all I love them for the enjoyment they bring us all, 16 All Ireland Senior Titles in 127 years just proves its the taking part for them that matters most, its not all about winning as we in Kerry seem to believe.

There I confessed, please forgive me Mikey Sheehy.

All offers of spare All Ireland tickets will be accepted.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Orior

Kerry Mike,

Say 3 Our Fathers, and 10 Hail Marys, and your sins will be forgiven.

Your sincerely,
The Very Reverend Orior.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orangemac

We do try Mike. With all the flak Ulster football is taking it is good to have a bit of support, particularly after the beatings Kerry have suffered over the years. Without Ulster teams Kerry would be going for 10 in a row this year and what state would that leave the GAA.

We have won 8 of the last 20 as many as any other province but like you said we are playing catch up. Bit like the early AIs Kerry won when 4 points or a goal would win the game we are slowly getting the hang of it.

In an ideal world we could start the Ulster championship in July so we could have an extra few months practising silky skills but unfortunately it starts in May.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

leaveherinsir

Seeing as Donegal are now the "new Tyrone" ie: the root of all evil, could we banish them to Connacht next year?
In fact get rid of Cavan and Monaghan as well!
Next year it could be The Occupied Six/OWC/Norn Iron/north of Ireland (delete as appropriate) Senior Football Champioship.
Would  it be considered a provinical title tho?
What about the back door also?

;) ;)

Mike Sheehy

QuoteThere I confessed, please forgive me Mikey Sheehy

You are dead to me.

Frank Casey

KM - it must be true love - she's turned you at last.

I'm putting on the black armband.
KERRY 3:7

Jinxy

I think it's high time we had an All Free State football championship.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

ExcellentDriver

Don't you just love Irish Feudalism? ::)
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

sheamy

Quote from: Jinxy on August 30, 2011, 10:59:54 AM
I think it's high time we had an All Free State football championship.

LOL...blue shirt band at half time and gay byrne to throw in the ball

Jinxy

I'm excluding Donegal, Monaghan and Cavan (especially) from the Free State by the way.
Collins never wanted them in the first place but the Brits insisted he took them.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Jinxy on August 30, 2011, 11:32:24 AM
I'm excluding Donegal, Monaghan and Cavan (especially) from the Free State by the way.
Collins never wanted them in the first place but the Brits insisted he took them.

Are yourselfs and the lads from Westmeath and Louth going to restart the Province of Meath and ye might get to bypass the Super-Dubs. (I think we get West Cavan and Longford back).

I propose a Province of Meath thread.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: Kerry Mike on August 29, 2011, 10:53:29 PM
I have a confession to make, this is tough to say but, Ulster football, I love it. (Not as hard to say as you'd imagine)

Fantastic people, great hearted GAA folk who love and play play the games as they should be played, with the passion and great colour and enthusium they bring to the sport but most of all I love them for the enjoyment they bring us all, 16 All Ireland Senior Titles in 127 years just proves its the taking part for them that matters most, its not all about winning as we in Kerry seem to believe.

size=1]All offers of spare All Ireland tickets will be accepted.[/size]

Discount the 5 cavan won pre 1960. Ulster has won approx 1 in 5 of all the All Irelands in the last 50 years.
I think even the biggest fuckwit ever to inhabit the kingdom would have to admit that GAA members in the north had other pressing issues to deal with until fairly recently.
The structures are in place, the game is strong and we are in a lull at present but everything has cycles.

[

Orior

Ever wondered how to answer a tongue-in-cheek confession with a serious, dont-mess-with-me, who-you-lukkin-at, no-nonsense response?

Read and learn.............

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on August 30, 2011, 07:44:43 PM
Discount the 5 cavan won pre 1960. Ulster has won approx 1 in 5 of all the All Irelands in the last 50 years.
I think even the biggest fuckwit ever to inhabit the kingdom would have to admit that GAA members in the north had other pressing issues to deal with until fairly recently.
The structures are in place, the game is strong and we are in a lull at present but everything has cycles.

[
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Kerry Mike

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on August 30, 2011, 07:44:43 PM

[

So you will keep an eye out for tickets. Sound man see I told you these Ulster ones were decent skins

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football