The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on August 22, 2022, 10:44:29 PM
That'll be the anti glazers shouts finished for another few weeks after that win and 200m+ on Casemiro and Antony and Vlachodimos etc. Norwich scarves back in the drawer for another while

Green & Gold

Until results improve lol
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 22, 2022, 10:10:58 PM
Best ever Liverpool Premier league beaten by the worse Manchester United Premier league team. Unbelievable Jeff!

Are you having a stroke?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 22, 2022, 11:54:32 PM
Best ever Liverpool Premier league beaten by the worse Manchester United Premier league team. Unbelievable Jeff!

Are you having a stroke?
No, thanks for your concern. Liverpool on the other hand are finding it difficult to shake off their hangover from last season Premier league and Champions league disappointments.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 23, 2022, 12:20:54 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 22, 2022, 11:54:32 PM

Are you having a stroke?
No, thanks for your concern. Liverpool on the other hand are finding it difficult to shake off their hangover from last season Premier league and Champions league disappointments.

Ah, it's a long season interrupted by a World Cup being held in the middle of a Desert in the middle of winter. There will be a lot of players trying to be in top form in the middle of the season, many players will be minding themselves. And many will be letting lose for their clubs coming into the summer next year in the knowledge there is no international tournament to worry about.

johnnycool

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 22, 2022, 10:24:10 PM
6 starters missing tonight that would have started if fit for Liverpool. Still a bad result reminiscent of the season we conceded seven against Villa and struggled to qualify for the champions league. Maybe still too early to say but hopefully we can turn it around.

not one new penny spent by the Liverpool owners so far this summer. A midfielder is certainly needed if last night is to go by.

Henderson, best days are behind him, Milner gives his all, but just not there, Elliott and Carvhalo will get better, both tidy, but the spark with Thiago injured (a regular occurrence) is missing. Fabhino, good, but also injury prone.
Ox and Kieta are worse than useless, clogging up the payrole.

Midfield is an issue and none of the potential starters offer anything other that Thiago....

No strength in depth there for Liverpool.

Turf

Liverpool's squad suddenly looks very old and tired. Henderson and Milner while great Pros and servants they aren't what they used to be. Firmino is another who looks past his prime. I don't think Gomez is great either. Kieta also has had numerous chances and has never really lived up to the hype, he has been injured more than he has played.

Obviously injuries/suspensions played a part in the team picked last night and if Konate or Matip along with Thiago and Jota fit and Darwin available then you would probably have seen a different result last night.

This is the problem though with Liverpool, a fully fit starting 11 is probably still one of the best in the world and capable of beating anyone,but the back ups to those players are simply not good enough.
I seen a stat last night that Liverpool's  bench was worth £50 something million while Man United's were worth over £200 million.

I agree also that Trent is become a liability, teams are deliberately targeting him now. While he is an exceptional player he is getting caught badly, there is absolutely no one to come in and replace him though. They let Neco Williams go whom I always thought was a more than capable defender.

It will be interesting to see will lasts nights poor performance and also poor against Fulham and Palace and with a long list of injuries not reducing anytime soon will they go back into the transfer market.

trailer

Loserpool in bother. Missing a few but the performances from VVD and TAA were awful. VVD for the first goal was mind blowing. Standing with his arms behind his back. He's the Dutch Tyrone Mings. Overrated.
TAA is being targeted like teams do with Shaw at Utd. He was terrible.
MF anonymous. Henderson's best days in his rear view mirror, Milner likewise.

Top 4 looks very unlikely. Still think they'll get into the top 10. Should have enough quality to avoid going down.

johnnycool

I think there's going to be an even more spread of points this year, I can't see City run away with it to the extent they have in recent years, i.e. beating everyone out the gate and only losing one or two games.

All the big teams will drop points off each other plus the likes of Newcastle and Palace will take points off them as well..

Godsown

I agree also that Trent is become a liability, teams are deliberately targeting him now. While he is an exceptional player he is getting caught badly,
[/quote]

WTF does that actually mean. He is either exceptional or a liability. How  do teams target an exceptional player

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Godsown on August 23, 2022, 11:17:07 AM

I agree also that Trent is become a liability, teams are deliberately targeting him now. While he is an exceptional player he is getting caught badly,

WTF does that actually mean. He is either exceptional or a liability. How  do teams target an exceptional player
[/quote]

He's exceptional going forward and rubbish at defending... That's harsh in fairness, he's a good at defending but with how they play is caught out at times and teams now or have been focusing on that... Can get into your head and before you know it it becomes a 'thing' Klopp thinks the world of him so I wouldn't be concerned.

Was some spat between Milner  and VVD last night on a couple of occasions, Milner slide in on the first goal and got caught out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

Liverpool looked like a team who thought they just had to show up last night

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2022, 11:34:30 AM

He's exceptional going forward and rubbish at defending... That's harsh in fairness, he's a good at defending but with how they play is caught out at times and teams now or have been focusing on that... Can get into your head and before you know it it becomes a 'thing' Klopp thinks the world of him so I wouldn't be concerned.

Was some spat between Milner  and VVD last night on a couple of occasions, Milner slide in on the first goal and got caught out
[/quote]

Milner was right though, Sancho had to cut back inside due to Milner sliding in, was able to take a few touches whilst VVD stood in front of Allison, blocking his view, rather than charging out and closing the angle down.
Twas poor from VVD irrespective of his reputation and he is indeed a fantastic defender, slightly off the boil at the minute though.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on August 23, 2022, 11:54:08 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2022, 11:34:30 AM

Milner was right though, Sancho had to cut back inside due to Milner sliding in, was able to take a few touches whilst VVD stood in front of Allison, blocking his view, rather than charging out and closing the angle down.
Twas poor from VVD irrespective of his reputation and he is indeed a fantastic defender, slightly off the boil at the minute though.
[/quote]

Keeper was sliding in the wrong direction too in fairness
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armamike

Not sharp enough at all last night and far too casual all over the pitch.  A lot of injuries but that doesn't really excuse the performances on the pitch.  Man U players given far too much time on the ball from the very start which gave them a bit of belief. They probably couldn't belief their luck and were happy to loot the store with the doors left open.  Hard to know why the intensity hasn't been there in the Fulham game and this one.  Trent is getting a bit of stick and rightly so but VVD needs a reality check.  Far too casual in his defending all night - not closing down at all.  Others like Robinson haven't been setting the world alight. Where were the overlapping runs and getting in behind?  Man U obviously improved a lot from the first 2 horror shows but i don't think they played spectacularly well to beat Liverpool. 
That's just, like your opinion man.